BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #67
BimmerVinyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
For those who installed the lip with PPF on the bumper did you have to take some of the PPF out so the tape sticks directly to the bumper? I'm considering this and checked mine has PPF til far back under.
By PPF, are you referring to like a clear bra?
Appreciate 1
tvasica70.50
      05-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #68
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB316 View Post
Quote:
For those who installed the lip with PPF on the bumper did you have to take some of the PPF out so the tape sticks directly to the bumper? I'm considering this and checked mine has PPF til far back under.
Yes, clear bra. Thanks!
      05-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #69
BimmerVinyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, clear bra. Thanks!
I don't have clear bra myself but I'm assuming you wouldn't have to. Perhaps somebody else would be able to confirm?
Appreciate 1
eagle_bmw182.50
      05-04-2020, 01:20 AM   #70
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Here is another splitter option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Unit218.50
tvasica70.50
      05-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #71
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDave View Post
Looks awesome - where's it from mate?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 06:41 AM   #72
BimmerVinyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Saw that one UltraDave, does look good! But the shipping was outrageous. Couple hundred dollars or something like that
But the lip itself is about $350 which is reasonable
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #73
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes and it’s supposed to be actual carbon fiber. Its on the Alibaba site and comes from China.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #74
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Cool.... I would recommend it.

In addition.... I recommend before it even arrives, go out and purchase:

1) 12 feet of double-sided automotive tape
2) 14 standard 1-inch long bolts, with "about" a 3mm shaft diameter.
3) 14 standard washers to fit the bolts, that are "about" 1/2 inch outside diameter
4) 14 nutplates that match the bolt threads.
5) A 3mm drill bit to drill holes, if you don't already have one.

The spoiler didnt come with tape at all. And the hardware it came with was garbage. Trust me on this one.

The spoiler is not marked with drill hole locations at all, and the directions are useless. You'll have to remove all 3 covers under the car (all 8mm bolts), then tape up the spoiler, then choose appropriate drill hole locations. My best advice is to "feel" behind the bumper first with your fingers, make sure you can fit a nutplate, and THEN drill. There were instances when I couldnt even fit the short end of an allen wrench behind it, because it was so tight. Hold the nutplate behind the bumper with a thick glove, push the bolt/washer through from the bottom, and then use a socket to turn it tight.
How long did it take to install?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #75
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
How long did it take to install?
Including all the time I spent gathering the correct hardware? About 3.5 hours.

If I had everything up front, I could install another one in under 30 minutes.
Appreciate 1
UltraDave127.00
      06-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #76
SSBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCaY View Post
I did mine yesterday as well. Went different way. Used 1.5" construction grade clear 3M tape with 3M activator and put few SS #10 screws(don't use selftapers, they make to big hole in plastic. No washers or nuts needed. I had few body kits installed. I tried to remove it once on my 750i and it was almost impossible.
Do you have any issues with the side skirts interfering with the welcome carpet lighting under the rocker panels?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #77
MaCaY
X5 M50i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBMW View Post
Quote:
I did mine yesterday as well. Went different way. Used 1.5" construction grade clear 3M tape with 3M activator and put few SS #10 screws(don't use selftapers, they make to big hole in plastic. No washers or nuts needed. I had few body kits installed. I tried to remove it once on my 750i and it was almost impossible.
Do you have any issues with the side skirts interfering with the welcome carpet lighting under the rocker panels?
They cut of maybe 2" of inner first line. Not noticeable at all i will try to take a pic tonight.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #78
SSBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S3

Quote:
They cut of maybe 2" of inner first line. Not noticeable at all i will try to take a pic tonight.
Thanks, pictures would definitely be much appreciated. Also could you send the links over for the rear diffuser and the side skirts just so I know I'm looking at the right ones? Also, hard to tell from your pictures but, did you use the eBay rear diffuser with the maxton rear splitter? If you did how's the color match between the two different brands?

Last edited by SSBMW; 06-09-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #79
MaCaY
X5 M50i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBMW View Post
Quote:
Thanks, pictures would definitely be much appreciated. Also could you send the links over for the rear diffuser and the side skirts just so I know I'm looking at the right ones? Also, hard to tell from your pictures but, did you use the eBay rear diffuser with the maxton rear splitter? If you did how's the color match between the two different brands?
Forgot to post yesterday.
The diffuser is from Ebay. Color is perfect match
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #80
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Quote:
looks great.

Is that the ebay rear diffuser that comes in gloss black? I was wondering how is the fitment and paint quality?
Yes it is. Best 150$ I spent lol. I took a chance on it, my plan was to paint or wrap the OEM one in black since i wanted that inverted look in back but the fitment and quality is very good. I would definitely recommend it for that money.
I got the mirror caps as well but didnt use them. They were garbage. I got OEM X3M caps with rings.
Hi
Can you elaborate on the wing mirrors you've used. Are these simply the X3M wing tip mirrors? I'be been trying to figure out if the new X5M wing tip mirrors are also caps/covers? Assuming if they are that I could by OEM ones from my dealer and stick them on my G05 when it comes.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #81
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys, just got done installing today. Shipping time from eBay was incredible, 4 days from date of sale to delivery (New York). Overall, my comments and opinions are in line with 914, MaCay and raindropm4... great value for the money, perfect fit and good looking. Although, lack of instructions and improper installation materials did prolong the install process.
Overall, I'd recommend 👍🏻
Hi
Where'd you get the black roundel badges from? Do you have a link for these, front and rear
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 04:59 PM   #82
MaCaY
X5 M50i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Dav View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
looks great.

Is that the ebay rear diffuser that comes in gloss black? I was wondering how is the fitment and paint quality?
Yes it is. Best 150$ I spent lol. I took a chance on it, my plan was to paint or wrap the OEM one in black since i wanted that inverted look in back but the fitment and quality is very good. I would definitely recommend it for that money.
I got the mirror caps as well but didnt use them. They were garbage. I got OEM X3M caps with rings.
Hi
Can you elaborate on the wing mirrors you've used. Are these simply the X3M wing tip mirrors? I'be been trying to figure out if the new X5M wing tip mirrors are also caps/covers? Assuming if they are that I could by OEM ones from my dealer and stick them on my G05 when it comes.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
looks great.

Hi
X5M and X3M are the same mirrors. To use the the covers you will need to change the black ring as well.

All the X3,5,7 got same size mirrors.

I got the X3M since X5M was not on the market yet. But its the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 03:05 AM   #83
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
looks great.

Hi
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
looks great.

Hi
X5M and X3M are the same mirrors. To use the the covers you will need to change the black ring as well.

All the X3,5,7 got same size mirrors.

I got the X3M since X5M was not on the market yet. But its the same thing.
Thanks. Are the X3M available in carbon fibre?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #84
StanTheManBG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4, X6

This should probably fit the X6, right?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 02:33 AM   #85
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2024, Mustang MACH 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTheManBG View Post
This should probably fit the X6, right?
I'm afraid not, but would be pleasantly surprised if it did. Anyone here tried it yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #86
bmui1561
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G05- 2021 BMW X5 x40i M-Sport

Quote:
Yes i know but its not my style. I think is a lil to much. Im looking more for trunk spoiler. But as of now not a lot options. A guy i know he got roof spoiler. Heres some pic.
Also they got side skirts. I think my fav piece of the kit but with ur car being black they kinda gonna disappear i think.
Any one add the rear lip and also have the OEM hitch?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 04:54 AM   #87
imyb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50D

Quote:
It was easier then front. Like i said. I didnt use any bolts and nuts. Just few SS screws and 3m tape. Just make sure to use some alcohol like 90% to clean and degrees area. I used a heat gon as well before applying tape. The 3M clear construction grade tape is so strong that u really got one chance to position it. What i did i took of only like 1" of red backing on two ends , position spoiler and then pull the rest. That 1" was holding whole spoiler no problem in air.
Can you please provide a link to the 3M tape and 3M activator that you used, I'm considering going down the same route and wanted to make sure I got the correct tape. There are like 1001 different types of 3M tape hence the confusion, could it be either of these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Rose.../dp/B085C7YSHG

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-VHB-Adhe...dp/B00EDLPG7Y/

Anything else I would need?

Thanks
      10-29-2020, 03:57 PM   #88
ADY282
Private
Rep
Drives: Ford Mustang, BMW Z4 and X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Yea..... don't put too much thought into it. The bolts need to be "about" 3mm thick.... and "about" 1 inch long.

The "exact" size doesn't really matter. You'll be drilling holes, and as long as the threads in the bolt fitthe nutplate, you are fine.

Grab something like this:
So is the Nutplate on top of the splitter or on the exterior ?
So if i looked under the car would I see the bolthead or the nutplate please ?
Appreciate 0