BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2019, 01:41 AM   #1
Greco1958
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 M50 2019

Issues with IDrive 7 on X5 M50d

New to the community.. Have owned many BMWs before and was so exciting to purchase their X5 M50d latest model...Hope someone could help as I am running out of options. Called and visited dealer..called BMW Genius....Got the same answer "brand new system...teething problems...Wait for updates in next 2-3 months"....Do not buy this answer as problems are inconsistent...Sometimes symptoms appear, then start working again next time, etc.
Issues

1. Do not have access to the option to save current position in Nav app in Favorites (Manual says should press Nav button, followed by pressing controller and a menu should pop up giving option to save to favorites...). Menu does pop up...Sometimes it gives the option to save to favorites, sometimes not

2. When it DOES give you this option, it saves the position of the cursor on the map which is ALWAYS in a different position (usually a few hundred feet) from the position of the car....

Both issues annoying when in a different city/country and need to save new positions discovered whilst driving

3. Navigation map on Idrive display will sometimes go crazy and show you totally off the road you are in and asking you to go back to road and then suddenly (a few miles later) will go back to showing you where you are

4. Navigation arrows display sometimes disappears from the Heads Up Display and when this happens, the infotainment data also disappears form the Heads Up Display...All other speed and drive assist data still show up

5. Sometimes the widgets on the instruments cluster display do not change when you press the button on the turn indicator lever. They stay on the drive mode

These problems are not always happening but inconsistently...This is why I say I cannot accept that this is just a "teething issue"....Any help please on the specifics
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
denis_auckland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 GO5

Hi Greco, I also have an M50d down here in New Zealand but have other issues (bad exhaust noise) that I think are related to the software. Have you had any improvements on your X5? What software do you have installed on your M50d? Cheers. Denis
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 09:39 PM   #3
styang711
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw G05 M50d

The digital card key cannot be stored in the car at the same time as the general key
Confusion because the car will sense two keys
Appreciate 0