BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-23-2019, 03:19 AM   #23
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Same here. On my current 330d GT I have the PPK installed. Notified the insurance (Baloise), they adjusted the policy without any problems , didn't even have to pay extra. My BMW dealership takes it into account when performing maintenance.

I will also buy and sell the car myself when my X5 45e is delivered.
Will there be a PPK for the 45e?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #24
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Will there be a PPK for the 45e?
I don't think so. There are rumors of faster hybrid models like the rumored BMW 750e. But no word about upgrade kits.

There are 3rd party chip-tunes available.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #25
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Heinz tuning in Belgium was making custom 'active sound' exhausts for BMW 4-cylinder engines a few years back. Not sure if they are still doing this with all the new WLTP legislation and noise restrictions.

There was no integration with i-drive though. Just a remote to open and close the valve.

I pass them every day when driving to work. Think I will drop by this week and ask for some information. Will post the results here.
Appreciate 1
1230vani637.00
      09-23-2019, 02:16 PM   #26
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Heinz tuning in Belgium was making custom 'active sound' exhausts for BMW 4-cylinder engines a few years back. Not sure if they are still doing this with all the new WLTP legislation and noise restrictions.

There was no integration with i-drive though. Just a remote to open and close the valve.

I pass them every day when driving to work. Think I will drop by this week and ask for some information. Will post the results here.
Nice, curious to read up on what they will say.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 03:25 AM   #27
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
So you put for example a third party exhaust in the lease terms?

Hoping an outdated plugin hybrid is still worth some money in 4-5 years and more money than the residual value of the contract

I really don't know if there is any demand for older plugin hybrids. People with a 40e are now screwed if they want to sell it. In 4-5 years the technology is again better, maybe other fiscal laws and the 45e is not interesting anymore. I think a car with only a petrol or diesel engine will keep its value much better. I personally wouldn't take the risk to buy a secondhand (plugin)hybrid with a +5years old batterypack.
It's not part of my thinking really to be honest. If it's worth nothing and cannot be sold by myself second hand, I'll give the car to the lease contract company after the contract ends. Sure I'm not going to gain any money that way but I'm a car fanatic I don't mind spending money on the car and loosing money on the car in the end if that's the outcome as long as I enjoy driving it.

I have placed M Performance parts: M performance exhaust line, M performance carbon front splitter/back spoilerworth, carbon mirrors, carbon/alcantara interior inlay, ... and more worth 8-9K euro's into my 4 GC financial lease contract. That and it's Frozen Grey Individual as well. I won't get all of my money back in terms of investing in those parts just for looks but I love the way my car looks.

- I went for Individual paint and individual full leather on my X5 as well, it's very likely to not give back the same value as what I have to pay for it now

In the end the leasing company doesn't really care when it's a financial lease. They just need to amount of euro's that you will be consuming for the contract. It's a whole different story if you go for operational leasing.

Financial lease is much more interesting in my opinion if you want to adjust the car. If you the amount as a source for the insurance, all that stuff is also part of your insurance.

Winter wheels don't matter in this regard, insurance won't care if it's summer or winter wheel that's on the car. So those I bought separately but you could also put them into the lease.

Exhaust wise, it depends, if I would buy it immediately, I could put it into the lease, otherwise, I might just pay for it but I'll always let the insurance know about additional value to ensure I can get it back if something happens without having to pay for it again. Yes, it can make my insurance a bit higher also of course but better safe than sorry.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 03:30 AM   #28
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
Nice, curious to read up on what they will say.
Happens to be Heinz (Hasselt) who I mailed about it by the way on 20/09 - so far, no feedback ...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 03:40 AM   #29
Heavyd
Major
Rep

What I heard from my dealer is that I can put original BMW parts in the financial lease contract. Not third party products.

Will BMW have M performance exhaust for the 45e?

So if Heinz makes an exhaust for the 45e and one can buy it and install it but probably it must be replaced with original exhaust when the car is turned in at the end of the contract?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 04:37 AM   #30
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
What I heard from my dealer is that I can put original BMW parts in the financial lease contract. Not third party products.

So if Heinz makes an exhaust for the 45e and one can buy it and install it but probably it must be replaced with original exhaust when the car is turned in at the end of the contract?
I assume you are talking about taking financial lease contract from BMW.

They were not cheapest so I have mine at a bank.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 04:41 AM   #31
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

If that is true and it's mandatory then yes, I would suppose so.

I don't know if that's correct to be honest, I have my financial leasing at a bank (cheaper than BMW and it's just paying back money with interest in the end). I'm not so sure they care that much. It might be different if you take it at BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 05:02 AM   #32
Heavyd
Major
Rep

The bank was a bit cheaper for financial leasing than BMW, not much. Buying the car is too much of a risk.

In the end I choose BMW for the financial leasing because the difference was minimal and sometimes key for key is possible
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 05:58 AM   #33
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The bank was a bit cheaper for financial leasing than BMW, not much. Buying the car is too much of a risk.

In the end I choose BMW for the financial leasing because the difference was minimal and sometimes key for key is possible
Key for key meaning you trade your car in for a new car - with additional payment or what should I be thinking about here?

For my 4GC the difference was significant but I also checked with three/four banks which between them had differences still in terms of pricing
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 07:10 AM   #34
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

There is a M Sport Plus option available in the UK configurator, with M Sport exhaust included, except for the hybrid

Quote:
The M Sport Plus package comprises the M Sport exhaust system (excludes xDrive45e), Sun protection glass, BMW Individual High-gloss Shadowline exterior trim with extended contents, Active protection, M Seatbelts and 21" M light alloy Y-spoke 741 M wheels (22" 742 M or 22" 746 I wheels available as package alternative upgrades).
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #35
Heavyd
Major
Rep

They told me that with the facelift of the 7 serie customers with a contract for a 7 serie could change to the new one. I found that very interesting

Last edited by Heavyd; 09-26-2019 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 08:18 AM   #36
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
There is a M Sport Plus option available in the UK configurator, with M Sport exhaust included, except for the hybrid
Apparently none of the hybrid BMW's have M sport exhaust option ...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #37
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Received feedback from tuning shop:

They don't really see an option to replace the whole exhaust line nor do they believe any 3rd party vendor will come out with an exhaust line for the BMW hybrids since none has done that so far for any of the other hybrid models of BMW.

The exhaust has an OPF filter and sensors to measure the pressure and that's something they don't want to mess with which rules out building a custom exhaust because the pressure would be altered that way.

That leaves two options:

1) They put in valves in the existing exhaust line that can be controlled via a remote (close, open)

> my thinking: this might not sound great, I'm not sure about the effectiveness of this option

2) They use ActiveSound and put that at the end of the existing exhaust line if there is a sufficient amount of space

> I have it on my 4 GC Diesel (BMW M Performance Active Sound Exhaust Line) and I love it so this might be a viable option

I was thinking since this won't be a Diesel anymore, I would be able to get real sound out of it but perhaps not
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #38
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Apparently none of the hybrid BMW's have M sport exhaust option ...
No, I asked my dealer. He told me he gets that question very much. They even asked BWM Munich, no sport exhaust for plugins. Apparently because of the perception of a quiet green car
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 01:13 PM   #39
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
No, I asked my dealer. He told me he gets that question very much. They even asked BWM Munich, no sport exhaust for plugins. Apparently because of the perception of a quiet green car
I guessed the same but a quiet car (tesla) is dangerous imho for pedestrians/bikes who aren’t paying attention and then they create a new law that a car may not be silent and we get an ev sound thrown into the mix

I wonder what that will sound like, X5 45e should have it (some kind of sound) already at low speed when driving electric
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 06:21 PM   #40
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
I guessed the same but a quiet car (tesla) is dangerous imho for pedestrians/bikes who aren’t paying attention and then they create a new law that a car may not be silent and we get an ev sound thrown into the mix

I wonder what that will sound like, X5 45e should have it (some kind of sound) already at low speed when driving electric
One of the worst things about driving a Tesla is you hear EVERYTHING!!!!! If you have the radio down at all you will hear the body creeks and things that sound loose and popping noises... Its crazy at highway speeds how noise it is... I told my brother no way will or could I have one and not blast music the whole time.... lol His model 3... so not the 100+k others.
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 02:16 AM   #41
ramanb
Private
Rep
Drives: Ghibli,i3,X545e

For those of you dissapointed with you M-performance exhausts, this might be the reason:
https://jalopnik.com/european-noise-...ker-1836817816

Believe it might also be the reason for why BMW does want to maintain their Green profile on the hybrids...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #42
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanb View Post
For those of you dissapointed with you M-performance exhausts, this might be the reason:

Believe it might also be the reason for why BMW does want to maintain their Green profile on the hybrids...
Interesting, on my last trip to Europe, a year ago, I was surprised at the number of Harley's I saw on the road, at one point I thought I was back in the US! So, talk about exhaust noise, Harley built their business on their unique sound. Should be interesting to see how the noise regulation affects them in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 07:55 AM   #43
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanb View Post

If that would be the case why can I order in Europe a X5 40i/30d M-sport pack with M sport exhaust system?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #44
ramanb
Private
Rep
Drives: Ghibli,i3,X545e

Quote:
If that would be the case why can I order in Europe a X5 40i/30d M-sport pack with M sport exhaust system?
The exhaust systems are still available, but less "noisy" than what they used to be, ref. some of the comments earlier in this thread.
Appreciate 0