BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-17-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Competition exhaust on non-competition X5M

Planning on picking up my X5M in the next week or so and was wondering if it was possible to install a competition mid pipe on the standard X5M exhaust as I did with my current F90 M5. Anyone try this yet?

Thanks-
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
Nitromkv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Supra A91 MT, 23 Braptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter399 View Post
Planning on picking up my X5M in the next week or so and was wondering if it was possible to install a competition mid pipe on the standard X5M exhaust as I did with my current F90 M5. Anyone try this yet?

Thanks-
don't see why not but don't think its worth it anymore, on the f90 changing the resonator on the non comp gave it a lot more burbles and crackles and little bit more exhaust noise, the new f95 regular or comp has no pops or bangs so I can't imagine it would be a huge difference, Probably better off just deleting the factory resonator if you want more sound or go aftermarket exhaust route, don't think doing the comp midpipe will be worth it anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #3
r207
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipberk View Post
don't see why not but don't think its worth it anymore, on the f90 changing the resonator on the non comp gave it a lot more burbles and crackles and little bit more exhaust noise, the new f95 regular or comp has no pops or bangs so I can't imagine it would be a huge difference, Probably better off just deleting the factory resonator if you want more sound or go aftermarket exhaust route, don't think doing the comp midpipe will be worth it anymore.
i deleted the factory resonator and had it put back 24hours later. it was horrible,
Appreciate 1
Riffyb16.50
      07-01-2020, 12:44 AM   #4
Nitromkv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Supra A91 MT, 23 Braptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by r207 View Post
i deleted the factory resonator and had it put back 24hours later. it was horrible,
really on a F95? or of F90? I've never heard anyone say that... I think it sounded great and for the cost bang for your buck was high... I do agree tho on the f80/82/83 it wasn't the best option and gave it even more rasp
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
Exhaust

You can buy mine? As soon as Eisenmann comes out with the E-Race for the F95, I will upgrade.

Quote:

Thanks-
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
You can buy mine? As soon as Eisenmann comes out with the E-Race for the F95, I will upgrade.
I ended up just getting a competition model
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3478.50
      07-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #7
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
Post Pictures

Post Pictures.

Quote:
I ended up just getting a competition model
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:03 PM   #8
Aliabd91
Private First Class
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: X5 M F95

SuperSprint Exhaust

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/sp...mpetition.aspx
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 07:17 AM   #9
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliabd91 View Post
Yeah, crazy they bring out something so quickly for the completion yet nothing (full system wise) for the M50i yet that’s sold in far greater numbers
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #10
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

Quote:

Thanks-
Don't bother. The x5m comp exhaust is lame. Wait for after market. It barely makes any noise at all.
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 10:15 PM   #11
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I actually think the stock comp exhaust sounds pretty good. This coming from a F85 with the eisenmann race which was crazy loud but didn’t have a nice refined tone. Cold starts sounded like a bomb went off lol
Appreciate 1
BiGFather154.00
      07-22-2020, 02:58 AM   #12
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Am I reading it correctly that a full Supersprint system to include manifold pipes is around 17k
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 04:18 AM   #13
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I actually think the stock comp exhaust sounds pretty good. This coming from a F85 with the eisenmann race which was crazy loud but didn’t have a nice refined tone. Cold starts sounded like a bomb went off lol
Wow I am looking forward for my x5m comp.. I cant wait! But I must :-/ for allocation - I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. And then the delivery would be 2 months from USA :-/

Btw any difference in sound USA vs EU? Because in EU are up the sound level restrictions.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 12:40 AM   #14
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Then you clearly are not coming from a 2016 m3 equipped with the OEM M performance exhaust. The "Sport" Exhaust in the X5M Comp is currently lame. I drive the car every day. For an M car it should have a setting that is more aggressive if desired. They do this for the first years of production on purpose so they can upsell the M Performance exhaust as a 7k option. . I am waiting until it is available to get mine installed.
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 05:30 AM   #15
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher View Post
Quote:
I actually think the stock comp exhaust sounds pretty good. This coming from a F85 with the eisenmann race which was crazy loud but didn't have a nice refined tone. Cold starts sounded like a bomb went off lol
Then you clearly are not coming from a 2016 m3 equipped with the OEM M performance exhaust. The "Sport" Exhaust in the X5M Comp is currently lame. I drive the car every day. For an M car it should have a setting that is more aggressive if desired. They do this for the first years of production on purpose so they can upsell the M Performance exhaust as a 7k option. . I am waiting until it is available to get mine installed.
Well thats not right.

The sound level is bad because of new sound restrictions (EU).

The mperformance which I have for example on my 540i 2017 no longer exists.

Dealer told me that "add Mperformance" is no longer available to buy here in EU.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #16
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No but i also had a F80 Comp 6mt with the Akrapovic exhaust w. magnaflow resonators. No offense but the oem m performance exhaust is my least favorite sounding one for that car. Raspy and sounds like a high pitch rattle/fart can. Granted i wasn't really a fan of 99% of the stuff for the S55 so...

Some like deep v8 exhaust that goes vroom vroom while others like rat ratt ratttt pop pop pop ppop.

With that said I wish the stock Comp exhaust on the X5M to be alittle louder once its warmed up. Cold start is already loud enough.
      07-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #17
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No but i also had a F80 Comp 6mt with the Akrapovic exhaust w. magnaflow resonators. No offense but the oem m performance exhaust is my least favorite sounding one for that car. Raspy and sounds like a high pitch rattle/fart can. Granted i wasn't really a fan of 99% of the stuff for the S55 so...

Some like deep v8 exhaust that goes vroom vroom while others like rat ratt ratttt pop pop pop ppop.

With that said I wish the stock Comp exhaust on the X5M to be alittle louder once its warmed up. Cold start is already loud enough.
Quote:
Quote:

Cold start is nice! I agree with you there. And I think a more refined exhaust sound would be nice. You and an F80 too! With Akra. And you are happy with this exhaust for a comp model? I feel there just should be a bit more excitement in a comp model if you press the M2 button. The power is there. The sound could be a littler bit louder. Mark my words, a louder exhaust will come later. I am ready to put one on as soon as available. It's half the emotion of the drive. Love everything else about this vehicle.
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 11:04 PM   #18
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

After having the Dinan then Eisenmann Race on my F85 I want to be careful with just throwing on a loud ass exhaust on this car. My Eisenmann Race on the F85 had all the volume you could ever want, shift farts etc... but the tone wasn't refined. Sort of like a raunchy american V8 tone instead of a refined exotic tone. Lets see what Akra does with this platform. Hopefully it doesn't cost 10K too....
      07-25-2020, 12:16 AM   #19
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
After having the Dinan then Eisenmann Race on my F85 I want to be careful with just throwing on a loud ass exhaust on this car. My Eisenmann Race on the F85 had all the volume you could ever want, shift farts etc... but the tone wasn't refined. Sort of like a raunchy american V8 tone instead of a refined exotic tone. Lets see what Akra does with this platform. Hopefully it doesn't cost 10K too....
Hey guys.

Is there any difference in sound between x5m EU and US?

Because we have the sh*tty sound restrictions here. So I am curious if they do it in all regions or not.

2years ago the M cars were absolutely ok with the sound.. and if you installed Akrapovic it was super insane loud.

But now? All cars has reduced sound here :-( no cracks and shots in exhaust. Also aftermarket ones like akrapovic etc cant do it because the restrictions works on all cars/exhausts here. (Maybe only if you do it against the law)

mb in the US the aftermarket ones could be without limitations like here are because as I know there are no limitations ?
Appreciate 0