thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinc View Post
Not sure what is this, still trying to figure out what's new in this update
evidently some people said that with this latest update, you can open up the climate control menu, and can now set a new 'rule' to turn on the steering wheel heater at a certain pre-set temperature, much like how we can already do with the heated and ventilated seats.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 06:40 PM   #24
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Quote:
evidently some people said that with this latest update, you can open up the climate control menu, and can now set a new 'rule' to turn on the steering wheel heater at a certain pre-set temperature, much like how we can already do with the heated and ventilated seats.
For the record, it would be nice if this feature was there stock, weird that it wasn't, but it has been possible to code it to this for many ISTEP versions already.
      07-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #25
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
For the record, it would be nice if this feature was there stock, weird that it wasn't, but it has been possible to code it to this for many ISTEP versions already.
yeah well im too scared to code my car. so I just keep hoping that BMW will eventually push the OTA updates in a timely manner.
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      07-18-2020, 10:20 PM   #26
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't have it on 07/2019 and I got it on 03/2020. I now have heating, cooling, and steering wheel rules. Can of course only set levels on heating / cooling. Wheel is on/off only.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101163.00
      07-19-2020, 02:32 AM   #27
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quick update.

In certain 'simple' traffic light scenarios, the car will automatically stop for the red light, then when green will auto resume after a second or two. No input from the driver required.
Appreciate 2
thereef5101163.00
volodp193.50
      07-19-2020, 07:05 AM   #28
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichione View Post
What model year is your vehicle?
MY19
How did you get the Assisted Driving View pictured in your original post? Did you code that yourself, or was it included in the iDrive update you mentioned?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 07:10 AM   #29
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
MY19
How did you get the Assisted Driving View pictured in your original post? Did you code that yourself, or was it included in the iDrive update you mentioned?
Coded it myself.

In fact, I suspect mine was the first MY19 coded with ADV outside of BMW R&D
Appreciate 2
hkleyman135.00
volodp193.50
      07-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #30
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
MY19
Coded it myself.

And we are all so grateful!!!
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      07-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #31
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
MY19
Coded it myself.

How challenging was it to code, and do you have the instructions you followed? I've never done it before and am reluctant to try knowing the risks involved. But I'd really like ADV on my 2019 40i.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 02:59 PM   #32
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
How challenging was it to code, and do you have the instructions you followed? I've never done it before and am reluctant to try knowing the risks involved. But I'd really like ADV on my 2019 40i.
"How to FDL code Advanced Driving View on a G05 - very simple walkthrough

Lots of people want to learn how to code. The key is to do your own research from resources like this one:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245

After researching, you may be left with more questions and bewilderment at all of the options and acronyms: esys, psdzdata, ista, ista-p, launcher pro, ista-d, ista+, fdl, vo code, TAL, SVT, ECU, etc

The reality is you can break your car while coding. It takes a lot of effort to really break it to the point it needs to go into the shop, but the risk is there. I've made mistakes, everyone who has coded has made mistakes. Knowledge increases by fixing those mistakes.

That's the bad news. The good news is that to VO Code and FDL code, it's really simple. Read up on the concepts of VO Coding and FDL coding in the link I posted. Ignore all the other information for now. This post is only about FDL Coding as that covers all scenarios and offers the most flexibility.

Pre-reqs
Windows PC - I use Windows 10 x64 VM on MAC Fusion or Bootcamp
OBD-II to Ethernet cable
E-Sys 3.33.4
Esysx
psdzdata - currently at 07/2020.25 You need a version that is at least the same or newer than your car's i-step version. Some people also refer to this as the firmware version, or incorrectly as i-drive version.

Coding Steps for Advanced Driving View
  1. Connect OBD2 cable to car
  2. Start E-sys via Esysx
  3. Start Car engine or put car into Diagnostic mode
  4. Plug OBD2 cable into Ethernet Port and wait 1 minute
  5. Switch to Expert Mode-Coding in E-sys
  6. Click on the Connect Icon
  7. Target Selector: - choose the i-step that most closely matches your car version e.g. S18A_20_07_525. Under Interface, select 'Connection by VIN' If your VIN is not listed you have an issue. Usually wait longer, or check the PC network card is set to use TCP/IP 4 DHCP (not static), or cable not working, etc.
  8. Hit Connect button
  9. Under 'Vehicle Order' click on Read
  10. Under 'SVT Actual', click on Read (ECU)
    If it's the first time you have coded, right-click on ECU under the SVT tree and choose 'Read Coding Data'. Use Windows File Explorer to backup your CAF directory which by default is C:\Data\CAF
  11. Scroll Down until you find DKOMBI. Right-click and choose 'Read Coding Data' if not already done in step above.
  12. Expand the yellow CAFD_00004508_* folder, select and right-click on the CAFD_00004508_* and choose <SvtCompareView.edit.fdl.name>
  13. In the FDL editor search for and set the following codes:
    DKOMBI\CB_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv [01]
    CB_PRESELECT_NAVI_ANSICHT_FZG_UMGEBUNG: aktiv [01]
    PIA_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv [01]
    SICHT_ABSICHT_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
  14. Click on Save icon then hit the Back icon
  15. Back in SVT and with the CAFD_4508_* still selected, click on 'Code NCD'. Be careful not to click on the 'Code’ button. This isn't the end of the world but your coding changes wont be applied as it resets the module back to the car's factory default i.e. the state it was in before you started coding
    Never click on 'Code Default Values'!!! This restores it back to bare metal configuration i.e. before your car got configured to your spec in the factory
  16. Check the report - you may get 'Finished with warnings' which is OK, but check that the final report is green and a success. Red is a fail.
  17. Hit the Disconnect icon, stop the engine, and disconnect the cable
  18. Done!! Go into i-drive Car-Settings-Driver Assistance-Driving and marvel at your new Assisted Drive View checkbox. You can also set it to permanently on via the Display settings area.
"

This can also be achieved using Bimmercode expert mode.

Any queries there are plenty of coders who can help.
Appreciate 6
      07-20-2020, 02:41 AM   #33
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by havenyoung View Post
Quote:
Yes that was the menu it displayed. When I chose it it flashed a warning about needing to activate it in connected drive. I'll recode at some point and photo it.

It also listed the digital key alongside the Activate option. Since I coded back there is no menu for digital key at all, card has gone. Never used the card after activating it so no loss there. Also,have never had an android device.

Suspect if I let it 'sit' something might happen at the backend but if there is a vin build date check we are out of luck.
Yeah I think it might need to be switched on at the ConnectedDrive backend. Look out for your ConnectedDrive page and see if any new service are added.
Menu option and message below. Note dealer has no option to enable at the backend, unlike with android key, so must be automatic vin check.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-20-2020, 04:12 AM   #34
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
I didn't have it on 07/2019 and I got it on 03/2020. I now have heating, cooling, and steering wheel rules. Can of course only set levels on heating / cooling. Wheel is on/off only.
For reference this is different to the functionality LexxM3 was referring to.

The coding specific function turns on all 4 (6?) seat heating/cooling at a specified outside temperature.

Last edited by ifr; 07-23-2020 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 06:52 PM   #35
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just got the update and I actually lost the option to turn steering wheel off or on based on temp. Had it in 3/2020. It was in climate rules and now gone.

Thoughts.
      07-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #36
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just got the update and I actually lost the option to turn steering wheel off or on based on temp. Had it in 3/2020. It was in climate rules and now gone.

Thoughts.
Weird. Unfortunately I'm still running 03/2020 so I don't know. Can anyone with 07/2020 confirm if they have an option for steering wheel auto heating within the climate rules app? I'm sure the coding option still works but I haven't messed with that.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:52 PM   #37
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
For whatever reason, the steering wheel option is now back. I believe the car had to connect to the internet for some reason that had not occurred before. All works now.
      07-21-2020, 06:22 AM   #38
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshD View Post
I meant Assisted Driving Mode - where you can see the car around you in the dash and hoping on the HUD.

No I don't have auto lane change and that is something I would like to code as well. i already have code for that.

I am trying to find all the coding across the site but there are so many threads and some pretty old and don't know if the coding had since changed. Can someone please help me with the followings codes:

1. Adaptive driving by default
2. Auto Lane Change
3. Lower suspension by default when parked

I have ODBLink MX but a Wifi version and hoping I can code all these in one go.

Also is there a way to take full backup of current default code before I change anything via Bimmercode incase I ever need it?

I finally got round to buying BC yesterday and try out the OBDLink MX and to start with, couldn't connect to the wifi of the adaptor and when I 'think' i got it connected, BC would not recognise the MX version

The MX+ version is way too expensive to purchase and therefore have gone down the route to buying ENET cable and RJ45 to lightning adaptor - hoping to have it by the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 09:23 AM   #39
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I finally got round to buying BC yesterday and try out the OBDLink MX and to start with, couldn't connect to the wifi of the adaptor and when I 'think' i got it connected, BC would not recognise the MX version

The MX+ version is way too expensive to purchase and therefore have gone down the route to buying ENET cable and RJ45 to lightning adaptor - hoping to have it by the weekend.
I've used both and the ENET + RJ45 is the way to go, in my opinion. The only advantage of the MX adapters is if you plan on leaving them in after your coding session.
Appreciate 1
AshD98.50
      07-21-2020, 10:38 AM   #40
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Quote:
"How to FDL code Advanced Driving View on a G05 - very simple walkthrough

Lots of people want to learn how to code. The key is to do your own research from resources like this one:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245

After researching, you may be left with more questions and bewilderment at all of the options and acronyms: esys, psdzdata, ista, ista-p, launcher pro, ista-d, ista+, fdl, vo code, TAL, SVT, ECU, etc

The reality is you can break your car while coding. It takes a lot of effort to really break it to the point it needs to go into the shop, but
This can also be achieved using Bimmercode expert mode.

Any queries there are plenty of coders who can help.
@ifr This is really very detailed and yet to the point. Extremely appreciate it. I am assuming that this would work for G07 as well. I would appreciate if you could do the exact procedure/process for coding aSLA for G05/G07 (appreciate if you mention in your coding posts if your Coding process is compatible with G07 as well). Thank you!!
      07-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #41
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:

I've used both and the ENET + RJ45 is the way to go, in my opinion. The only advantage of the MX adapters is if you plan on leaving them in after your coding session.
+1, also have both and wired is soooo much faster, plus capability to VO code via Esys (and FDL coding to some experts here).
      07-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #42
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
@ifr This is really very detailed and yet to the point. Extremely appreciate it. I am assuming that this would work for G07 as well. I would appreciate if you could do the exact procedure/process for coding aSLA for G05/G07 (appreciate if you mention in your coding posts if your Coding process is compatible with G07 as well). Thank you!!
Yep G07 works as well.

There are a few forum members using aSLA on US G07. Might be a few slightly different ECU names but should be obvious.

You just substitute the ECU references to DKOMBI to each of the ECU in the aSLA spreadsheet, and the different codes obviously.

I assume you have esysx? Not sure if Launcher Pro will show all the codes correctly as per the spreadsheet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sLa...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #43
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Hi ifr,

Please can you share the codes for TLA I am due for an upgrade tomorrow I will code them today itself before the upgrade and can still go through the backup caf if the settings are overwritten.

Thanks
Jeet
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2020, 05:10 PM   #44
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Please be advised I will not be publishing any new codes for TLA until:

1) BMW have formally released them on production cars, the G05 at the minimum
2) esysx has been fully updated to support 07/2020
3) the coding has been thoroughly tested across various regions so we understand the constraints and behaviour

Not being awkward, just doing things the right way.

Others may be happy to release in the interim, but this isn't like ADV with a few kombi codes for a display feature that has already been released across models and BMW are being mean on a retrofit. This is tech that controls the cars driving behaviour including stopping starting at pedestrian crossings with lights. There are dozens of codes across multiple ECU to consider and test.

No way I'm publicly releasing before BMW do, and even then, only if it's safe to do so for all regions.

Hopefully BMW will retrofit this tech to older model year, and then we will only have to work out to how to enable it in blocked regions for regulatory concerns.
Appreciate 7
TSMC55125.00
eagle_bmw182.50
Trojanlaw264.50
VTENGR1043.50
LexxM31697.50