BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #1
IftiBashir
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Copy profile?

Ive only ever used the Guest profile in my car, and have my own profile set up on the iPhone app.
The only thing I seem to be missing is being able to set up my route on the app and transfer it to the car - otherwise everything else works fine.

When I log into my profile in the car all of the settings etc are reset and I find it quite annoying!

Is there a way to copy the Guest profile where I have everything set perfectly in the car to my actual profile if I use that to log into iDrive?

In essence, I want all settings in the car to stay exactly as they are when I log in with my profile rather then as Guest.....
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 01:52 AM   #2
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
Ive only ever used the Guest profile in my car, and have my own profile set up on the iPhone app.
The only thing I seem to be missing is being able to set up my route on the app and transfer it to the car - otherwise everything else works fine.

When I log into my profile in the car all of the settings etc are reset and I find it quite annoying!

Is there a way to copy the Guest profile where I have everything set perfectly in the car to my actual profile if I use that to log into iDrive?

In essence, I want all settings in the car to stay exactly as they are when I log in with my profile rather then as Guest.....
No, unfortunatelly you have to set up the car settings again with your new profile. But once you do this, you can log in a different car with ID7 and it will copy your setting automatically
Appreciate 1