BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #1
ATX5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jaguar F-Pace S

Garage List
Anyone order night blue /ivory interior in their 2021 M50i?

Hey guys,

Has anyone ordered their '21 M50i With the night blue/ivory interior? Per the new configurator and then talking with the sales manager and regional rep, it appears only the seats will be in those colors and everything else in the interior will be standard black. I'm sure as many of you know who are interested in this interior color, could pay the additional money for the full night blue /ivory which included carpeting Dash and doors as well adding the alcantara headliner. It's a little disappointing to see this cut back due to demand, in addition to no soft close doors, no heated and cooled cup holders, no ventilated seats, Just to name a few things that are now , no longer available on '21s.

Frustrating when you're willing to pay for these options and they're N/A and then also learn standard equipment is also taken away as well.

For those building a fully spec'd M50i, What are your thoughts on BMW bringing these back later in the year ? Are you still going to take delivery ? Looking at other brands ?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
produhktiv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i First Edition

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
Ventilated Seats are standard equipment on the M50i (ordering guide lists 453 Front ventilated seats as standard equipment.) I have Blue/Ivory full on my M850i and considered in on my M50i, but the black doors/dash/carpet/etc forced me to go Ivory Extended instead. Wish alcantar headliner was ivory also, but will be anthracite at this time I believe.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX5 View Post
Hey guys,

Has anyone ordered their '21 M50i With the night blue/ivory interior? Per the new configurator and then talking with the sales manager and regional rep, it appears only the seats will be in those colors and everything else in the interior will be standard black. I'm sure as many of you know who are interested in this interior color, could pay the additional money for the full night blue /ivory which included carpeting Dash and doors as well adding the alcantara headliner. It's a little disappointing to see this cut back due to demand, in addition to no soft close doors, no heated and cooled cup holders, no ventilated seats, Just to name a few things that are now , no longer available on '21s.

Frustrating when you're willing to pay for these options and they're N/A and then also learn standard equipment is also taken away as well.

For those building a fully spec'd M50i, What are your thoughts on BMW bringing these back later in the year ? Are you still going to take delivery ? Looking at other brands ?
I have a MY20 40i with extended Ivory White/Night Blue Merino - where the lower dashboard was black. They corrected the lower dashboard to ivory this year, while bummed I'm happy with the interior - it's a nice mix of sporty and nautical.

I did consider going full Ivory White/Night Blue Merino - as I'm huge fan of the combo when introduced on the X7 - but deciding on PB, it was too blue with NB dash, window sills and alcantara headliner. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably should have gone with MW and full IW/NB. Yeah it's a bummer that full Merino is not available for MY21 models.

X7 M50i is an alternative. Good luck with your decision.

MystroX5 made the upgrade from xDrive50i M Sport to X7 M50i - here's a link to his post and thoughts on the change:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26492673
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
ATX5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by produhktiv View Post
Ventilated Seats are standard equipment on the M50i (ordering guide lists 453 Front ventilated seats as standard equipment.) I have Blue/Ivory full on my M850i and considered in on my M50i, but the black doors/dash/carpet/etc forced me to go Ivory Extended instead. Wish alcantar headliner was ivory also, but will be anthracite at this time I believe.
Quote:

Hey Produhktiv - the ventilated Seats are actually not available on the actual build guide that the dealer users, there's a discrepancy between what is showing a standard equipment and what's truly available per the spec sheet. You may want to contact your sales guy if this is truly something you're interested in because due to supply and demand they're now only available as part of the luxury package on 40i's and below. They will no longer be coming on the 2021M 50i's. Per the reg. sales rep, it's, a gamble right now if they'll be on the build or not and later 21's will not have them.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #5
ATX5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,

I have a MY20 40i with extended Ivory White/Night Blue Merino - where the lower dashboard was black. They corrected the lower dashboard to ivory this year, while bummed I'm happy with the interior - it's a nice mix of sporty and nautical.

I did consider going full Ivory White/Night Blue Merino - as I'm huge fan of the combo when introduced on the X7 - but deciding on PB, it was too blue with NB dash, window sills and alcantara headliner. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably should have gone with MW and full IW/NB. Yeah it's a bummer that full Merino is not available for MY21 models.

X7 M50i is an alternative. Good luck with your decision.

MystroX5 made the upgrade from xDrive50i M Sport to X7 M50i - here's a link to his post and thoughts on the change:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26492673

Thanks Auricom! I get these are bougie wants, but when you're building it's all in the details, haha.

Thanks for sharing the pics, it actually isn't that bad of a contrast.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #6
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Thanks Auricom! I get these are bougie wants, but when you're building it's all in the details, haha.

As a designer I'm also a stickler for details and definitely agree with you, especially when you're spending close to 6 figures on a vehicle.

Ja, it's not bad and will be mad jealous of your ivory white lower dash

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 10:54 AM   #7
produhktiv
Private
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
Quote:

It's built at this point, will know as in a few weeks when I do PDC pickup, but I asked when they ordered and they indicated it was good to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #8
produhktiv
Private
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey Produhktiv - the ventilated Seats are actually not available on the actual build guide that the dealer users, there's a discrepancy between what is showing a standard equipment and what's truly available per the spec sheet. You may want to contact your sales guy if this is truly something you're interested in because due to supply and demand they're now only available as part of the luxury package on 40i's and below. They will no longer be coming on the 2021M 50i's. Per the reg. sales rep, it's, a gamble right now if they'll be on the build or not and later 21's will not have them.
From MYGARAGE, mine is built, and shows it on my build -

Name:  seats.PNG
Views: 906
Size:  64.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #9
ATX5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's built at this point, will know as in a few weeks when I do PDC pickup, but I asked when they ordered and they indicated it was good to go.

Hoping its there for you man!

The reg. sales rep said mine was "likely" to have it, but no guarantees.
Appreciate 0