Drives: 2009 - 335i 6MT

Looks great
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #47
jjcools
Private First Class
Rep

Ok, so I took the plunge and am going for the green, but, I had bronze wheels on order so I am a little worried about how much brown is in the pictures of this color.

With the Cognac, I know people are going to think I am nuts, I think it will look good but now am a tad worried that I might have to change the wheel color. I ordered the black front kidneys also but am sort of over black wheels so I didn't want to go all black...

Sorry to jack your thread and word vomit on you all. I just have my build slot starting next month so I spiraled yesterday. I think there are only a couple people that actually talk about how good the color is and most just post a photo that is very difficult to tell the real color in.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 05:28 PM   #48
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
Ok, so I took the plunge and am going for the green, but, I had bronze wheels on order so I am a little worried about how much brown is in the pictures of this color.

With the Cognac, I know people are going to think I am nuts, I think it will look good but now am a tad worried that I might have to change the wheel color. I ordered the black front kidneys also but am sort of over black wheels so I didn't want to go all black...

Sorry to jack your thread and word vomit on you all. I just have my build slot starting next month so I spiraled yesterday. I think there are only a couple people that actually talk about how good the color is and most just post a photo that is very difficult to tell the real color in.
Maybe share a pic or link of your rims?

Without seeing, it's hard to gauge, but I think bronze rims would look nice. I wish the gold 741M rims would have been available when I ordered my MG, X6. I might have ordered them…

Also, are you ordering a 40i or an M50i? (I have an M50i with MG and think the cerium grey grill/trim looks great with MG. I never had to "get over" the blacked out look, as I never cared for it!)
      01-25-2022, 08:57 PM   #49
jjcools
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
Maybe share a pic or link of your rims?

Without seeing, it's hard to gauge, but I think bronze rims would look nice. I wish the gold 741M rims would have been available when I ordered my MG, X6. I might have ordered them…

Also, are you ordering a 40i or an M50i? (I have an M50i with MG and think the cerium grey grill/trim looks great with MG. I never had to "get over" the blacked out look, as I never cared for it!)
I just got the 45e so not cerium option

https://www.vividracing.com/rohana-r....html?cat=6424

https://www.vividracing.com/wm.php/i...X7-19X85_2.jpg
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 10:36 PM   #50
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Well, color choices are always personal opinions, but honestly, after looking at the rims, I think they would look awesome with MG. The one thing that is mentioned by numerous folks in the thread, but doesn't show well in pictures, is the fact that there is what I'd call a gold/bronze/brown fleck in the paint (hence, the metallic aspect). In sunlight, you absolutely pickup that color in the paint. So, personally, having had my MG G06 for almost 2 years, I think those rims would really pop with MG, especially in sunlight. At night or an overcast sky, not so much. But I wouldn't think they'd look bad in that case either...

(Good luck and here's to hoping you can't find me if you pull the trigger and decide you hate it (and anyone who said it would look good) later! )
      01-25-2022, 11:24 PM   #51
jjcools
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
Well, color choices are always personal opinions, but honestly, after looking at the rims, I think they would look awesome with MG. The one thing that is mentioned by numerous folks in the thread, but doesn't show well in pictures, is the fact that there is what I'd call a gold/bronze/brown fleck in the paint (hence, the metallic aspect). In sunlight, you absolutely pickup that color in the paint. So, personally, having had my MG G06 for almost 2 years, I think those rims would really pop with MG, especially in sunlight. At night or an overcast sky, not so much. But I wouldn't think they'd look bad in that case either...

(Good luck and here's to hoping you can't find me if you pull the trigger and decide you hate it (and anyone who said it would look good) later! )

Ok, I won't blame you.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 11:24 PM   #52
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cool cars

Quote:
I was looking at those bronze rims for Summer tires myself... Nixed by the wife though, LOL.. It is her car after all.

Seriously looking at a used set of 818 wheels but man, even used they're $$$$$$
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:28 AM   #53
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadenick View Post
Just picked our Manhattan Green / Tartufo Merino / Red Calipers last night and Red calipers definitely work better on it. There was another Manhattan Green with blue calipers and it did not go as well, in my opinion.
That's my configuration as well, delivery in one month's time or so. Do you have pics to share of yours?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #54
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggie80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadenick View Post
Just picked our Manhattan Green / Tartufo Merino / Red Calipers last night and Red calipers definitely work better on it. There was another Manhattan Green with blue calipers and it did not go as well, in my opinion.
That's my configuration as well, delivery in one month's time or so. Do you have pics to share of yours?
Nothing? 😞
Appreciate 0