Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPapa View Post
Can anyone advise on what is the current status of TLA and SLA with regard to whether there is any benefit in getting updated from istep 03/2021.30 to the latest istep version which I guess would be 03/2022.xx when I get my vehicle serviced next month.

My coding efforts for these functions has been very successful and they have been working great for a year now.

If I have an istep update applied, this means I will have to re-code and I am not sure if the version of EsysX I have, EsysX-9-02342 purchased 5/12/2020 is still a valid version for coding based on the fact that it is no longer available to purchase/update?

Thanks in advance.
I am in a similar situation to you as I have the same iLevel as you (03/2021) but my car is only due for a service in August. When my car was serviced last year I went from 07/2020 to 03/2021 and still managed to recode aSLA which is not standard in Australia using Launcher Pro 3.7. TLA was another story as LP has either none or incorrectly labelled FDL mapping for TLA in the 4 ECU's affected so with ESysX not being available I bought Bimmercode to code some of the ECU's and another forum member kindly coded my SAS3 ncd file which I was able to cross check against my incorrectly labelled LP mapping name/descriptions

TLA does not work here in Australia but I have since managed to get UCC and some other MY21 features that IFR identified working. I think in your case you will be able to recode all the changes you made previously but will not be able to add any new ones that BMW may have added in the last 6 months or so using your current version of Esyx. The sequence and location of the FDL codes in the NCD file do not appear to change and from my experience, any new ones are introduced in an already reserved allocated places previously labelled "UNBELEGT" see image below

If you update, please remember to PM Shawn Sheridan for a link to the latest PSdz Data files and update them into your ESys directory otherwise you will get errors when you run ESysX to recode the updated files in your X5
Attached Images

marcosg24.50
      02-24-2022, 11:21 AM   #442
RoboPapa
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks for your helpful response. I am glad you have achieved some success with your efforts but not with TLA due to restrictions. It is a great function but not by any means 100% reliable.

I actually have a G20 but coded these features successfully using the Spreadsheet that was originally posted on the G05/X5 Forum.

If I have my istep version upgraded from 02/2021.30 to 03/2022.XX which would hopefully be available when my service is due, I am concerned that I am treading in unknown and undocumented territory especially using an older version of EsysX. I don't know if anyone else has attempted this with the most recent istep version 11/2021 or newer. I have the latest PSdZData_Lite_v4.33.21 from Shawn but I guess this will change again by March.

Should I leave things well alone or is there any kind of test run I could/should do to see if the software I have is still valid? Also, I am aware of the current status of EsysX but is it likely to be resurrected or are there other reliable ways of doing this type of coding?

Your view would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 03:55 PM   #443
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for your helpful response. I am glad you have achieved some success with your efforts but not with TLA due to restrictions. It is a great function but not by any means 100% reliable.

I actually have a G20 but coded these features successfully using the Spreadsheet that was originally posted on the G05/X5 Forum.

If I have my istep version upgraded from 02/2021.30 to 03/2022.XX which would hopefully be available when my service is due, I am concerned that I am treading in unknown and undocumented territory especially using an older version of EsysX. I don't know if anyone else has attempted this with the most recent istep version 11/2021 or newer. I have the latest PSdZData_Lite_v4.33.21 from Shawn but I guess this will change again by March.

Should I leave things well alone or is there any kind of test run I could/should do to see if the software I have is still valid? Also, I am aware of the current status of EsysX but is it likely to be resurrected or are there other reliable ways of doing this type of coding?

I am of the opinion there will be no new features in ID7 I think BMW will reserve these for new models equipped with ID8. What I do foresee is them updating Algorithms for how the vehicle behaves with respect to DAP etc. I think it is critical that you maintain/update your maps as a lot of these features depend on data contained within the map database

If you are happy with how things are at present then don't ask for an upgrade. You can always pop into a dealer and tell them you are looking at upgrading and see what are the features in the new models for peace of mind.

Are you familiar with Coding Verification menu in ESysX? Do you know how to edit your FA ie build date? Save your *.ncd files in *.fwl format and import them into Excel?

I use Coding Verification to simulate coding changes to my ncd files as if my vehicle was specked for the UK market and built after March 2021 I then use Excel to do comparisons and then trial/apply the changes accordingly.

In you case I would save a copy of your FA change your build date in your FA file to match your latest Pzsd Data and do comparisons on ncd files you have modified. Look for changes in lines starting with UNBELEGT to give you an idea if there are new features not mapped in your current version of ESysx
      02-24-2022, 05:01 PM   #444
RoboPapa
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunately, a year has passed by since I applied my coding changes and I am a little rusty on the coding front as its not something I do very often.

I am not familiar with the Coding Verification menu in ESysX or how to edit my FA ie build date or save my *.ncd files in *.fwl format and import them into Excel.

I guess I need to read up on these capabilities before proceeding any further. If you have any pointers that might assist me, I would be very grateful?

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 09:49 PM   #445
X-skyer
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

has the cheat sheets updated?

try to code aSLA on my 2021 G30 540i with 5AU, i-level 11/21-560,all the function in BDC and HU_MGU can code correctly, but in SAS3 module, most of the function missing the value 0XFFFFFFFF so I can not set.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 03:04 AM   #446
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-skyer View Post
has the cheat sheets updated?

try to code aSLA on my 2021 G30 540i with 5AU, i-level 11/21-560,all the function in BDC and HU_MGU can code correctly, but in SAS3 module, most of the function missing the value 0XFFFFFFFF so I can not set.
That is a werte value that you can edit.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 01:35 AM   #447
X-skyer
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

Hi ifr, I was trying to code iSLA and TLA on my MY21 G30 with 5AU, i-step 11/21-560, but when I open esys, I can not find module DSC_VIP, only DSC_VIP2.

And in DSC_VIP2 module, there is no CAFD file to code.

How can I fix this?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 09:23 AM   #448
BMW and me
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6

Unblocked TLA in my car yesterday, it was blocked by country but all menus related to the TLA was in idrive. Only changed 2 land masks to FF,FF,FF,FF in SAS3 as in previous posts in this thread. Car with factory installed 07-21 and 5AU. Have to say , I am not impressed by this function, hit rate is no more than 50% , especially on the roundabout, or on the twisted road. When tried to run over red ( push little bit further , but obviously not drive) had huge traffic light symbol on the HUD and acoustic warning. I think it can work on less complicated roads , when light is visible form the distance. My conclusion is that is more gimmick than real functionality and probably for this is not available in UK.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 10:01 AM   #449
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW and me View Post
Unblocked TLA in my car yesterday, it was blocked by country but all menus related to the TLA was in idrive. Only changed 2 land masks to FF,FF,FF,FF in SAS3 as in previous posts in this thread. Car with factory installed 07-21 and 5AU. Have to say , I am not impressed by this function, hit rate is no more than 50% , especially on the roundabout, or on the twisted road. When tried to run over red ( push little bit further , but obviously not drive) had huge traffic light symbol on the HUD and acoustic warning. I think it can work on less complicated roads , when light is visible form the distance. My conclusion is that is more gimmick than real functionality and probably for this is not available in UK.
That’s my experience but it used to work much better. Not sure if it’s the latest map data or the upgrade to 07/2021.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #450
J650
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhcobywankenobi View Post
I can confirm that TL are still recognized but the vehicle will not attempt to stop when the option to "consider traffic lights" is off. It will also provide a reminder if you're not paying attention and the light turns green.

So this certainly makes it a lot safer in the US simply by unchecking that option.

Thanks again for the info ifr!
Two questions related to TLA in the US. 1) have you been able to keep/reprogram the functionality after iDrive updates and 2) would someone be willing to indicate the fields and values that need to be programmed to get this working for a 2019 X5 on istep 07/2021.85
(the latest thats available as far as I know). I have aSLA working so believe all the prerequisites exist on the vehicle.

I am mainly interested in TL recognition testing and getting TL color change alerts vs full TLA, but understand from this thread that the whole TLA has to be programmed to get to that point.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 05:10 PM   #451
qevalla
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Garage List
2017 BMW G30  [0.00]
Hello,
I'm having an issue the same with some guys here with Driving Assistance Affected error after pressing the button Cruise Control with Distance Control in the steering wheel. I have changed the SLINPI values to 00 and FF, it reads the signs very good and also the Distance Control works good but as soon as I press the button in steering wheel it shows the Driving Assistance Affected in head unit. Is there anyone that can help me?
Car is G05 MY2020.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #452
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Yep G07 works as well.

There are a few forum members using aSLA on US G07. Might be a few slightly different ECU names but should be obvious.

You just substitute the ECU references to DKOMBI to each of the ECU in the aSLA spreadsheet, and the different codes obviously.

I assume you have esysx? Not sure if Launcher Pro will show all the codes correctly as per the spreadsheet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sLa...ew?usp=sharing

Hi the link to your cheat sheet seems right be broken. Would you be so kind as to share? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 06:36 AM   #453
AlexNL
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Hi ifr ,

I am unable to access the coding sheet, could you post a link to a working version? Would be so helpful.

Regards.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 09:53 AM   #454
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Quote:

I am of the opinion there will be no new features in ID7 I think BMW will reserve these for new models equipped with ID8. What I do foresee is them updating Algorithms for how the vehicle behaves with respect to DAP etc. I think it is critical that you maintain/update your maps as a lot of these features depend on data contained within the map database

If you are happy with how things are at present then don't ask for an upgrade. You can always pop into a dealer and tell them you are looking at upgrading and see what are the features in the new models for peace of mind.

Are you familiar with Coding Verification menu in ESysX? Do you know how to edit your FA ie build date? Save your *.ncd files in *.fwl format and import them into Excel?

I use Coding Verification to simulate coding changes to my ncd files as if my vehicle was specked for the UK market and built after March 2021 I then use Excel to do comparisons and then trial/apply the changes accordingly.

In you case I would save a copy of your FA change your build date in your FA file to match your latest Pzsd Data and do comparisons on ncd files you have modified. Look for changes in lines starting with UNBELEGT to give you an idea if there are new features not mapped in your current version of ESysx
Quote:
Quote:

Hi
Is there a way to save ncd files in fwl now that EsysX doesn't support the new psdzdata? (The firmware on my car is 07/2022.33)

I also have BimmerUtility but is doesn't provide the possibility of making the entire ncd readable like EsysX did with winmerge (BU only show the comparable function and not the whole text)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 10:37 PM   #455
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
Hi
Is there a way to save ncd files in fwl now that EsysX doesn't support the new psdzdata? (The firmware on my car is 07/2022.33)

I also have BimmerUtility but is doesn't provide the possibility of making the entire ncd readable like EsysX did with winmerge (BU only show the comparable function and not the whole text)

Thanks
Yes using the BU version of Esys go into the coding verification menu and in the settings menu (bottom right of page) where you set up your trace directory click on NCD-Trace and FWL-Trace. Esys will then save a copy of the newly generated file in FWL format together with the NCD file from your modified or original FA
Attached Images

Last edited by Bambazonke; 08-30-2022 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 11:32 PM   #456
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
Hi

Thanks
Yes using the BU version of Esys go into the coding verification menu and in the settings menu (bottom right of page) where you set up your trace directory click on NCD-Trace and FWL-Trace. Esys will then save a copy of the newly generated file in FWL format together with the NCD file from your modified or original FA
Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 04:55 AM   #457
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
In my experience, the FWL files are unmapped and useless when done this way.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 06:52 AM   #458
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
In my experience, the FWL files are unmapped and useless when done this way.
Yes, Almatetto is right
Is not readable/mapped

Any other suggestions ?
Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 06:39 PM   #459
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Ok i was under the impression that all the functions in the coding verification menu worked in the BU software setup. I was able to create mapped fwl files in my old Launcher Pro 3.7 software and paste the contents into an excel file for comparison checks.

I have not used this option since BU offered the very useful NCD compare tool which saves me a lot of time now and gives me the information i ultimately need.
      09-21-2022, 04:07 AM   #460
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ok i was under the impression that all the functions in the coding verification menu worked in the BU software setup. I was able to create mapped fwl files in my old Launcher Pro 3.7 software and paste the contents into an excel file for comparison checks.

I have not used this option since BU offered the very useful NCD compare tool which saves me a lot of time now and gives me the information i ultimately need.
With BU, coding verification will create NCD's and SVT, but not mapped fwls.

Launcher Pro works because integrated solution that provides mapping as opposed to BU which is separate tool.

You can use Launcher Pro NCD compare or BU NCD Compare directly.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 11:51 AM   #461
PaoloV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 Xdrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
The issue with providing codes currently, is the same issue as I'm having with the digital key. 07/2020 is so new and has much new stuff, that the psdzdata is not fully mapped.

I know there are multiple codes that are trimmed, some of which impact DK and break comfort access.

TLA should be straightforward enough, but again there are trimmed codes that I am using so cant release. Once esysx is updated to support the new i-step I'll be able to publish, and also continue the investigation into DK without breaking my Comfort Access and requiring a full car recode each time

new esysx should be available in the next couple of weeks.

LP - I suspect you will be out of luck, but we'll see.
Using BU you need to update Esys. If yes where do I find it . Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 09:17 PM   #462
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloV View Post
Using BU you need to update Esys. If yes where do I find it . Thank you
You need at least 3.36.2 for BU and developer will send links to both when you purchase.
Appreciate 0