BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #463
PaoloV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 Xdrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
You need at least 3.36.2 for BU and developer will send links to both when you purchase.
Ok. this version has already been provided together with BU. What I ask and if it is necessary to then update Esys with new versions or whether to always use that . Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 12:44 PM   #464
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloV View Post
Ok. this version has already been provided together with BU. What I ask and if it is necessary to then update Esys with new versions or whether to always use that . Thank you
It is fine to use that version; I do.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #465
PaoloV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 Xdrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
It is fine to use that version; I do.
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 02:58 AM   #466
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloV View Post
Thank you

Latest is sometime helpful with Programming in injecting CAFD files, but rarely offers any advantage with coding.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 05:36 AM   #467
MichaelNRW
B58 Power
Rep
Drives: 05/2022 M340i xDrive Touring

Garage List
Has someone found a way to extend the time until the car expects the driver to hold the wheel again?

I know the value is pretty low (30 seconds?) in europe but higher in the US (90 seconds?).
Has someone ever found a way how to extend this value?

Last edited by MichaelNRW; 11-19-2022 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 05:20 AM   #468
Konst67
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
I am in a similar situation to you as I have the same iLevel as you (03/2021) but my car is only due for a service in August. When my car was serviced last year I went from 07/2020 to 03/2021 and still managed to recode aSLA which is not standard in Australia using Launcher Pro 3.7. TLA was another story as LP has either none or incorrectly labelled FDL mapping for TLA in the 4 ECU's affected so with ESysX not being available I bought Bimmercode to code some of the ECU's and another forum member kindly coded my SAS3 ncd file which I was able to cross check against my incorrectly labelled LP mapping name/descriptions

TLA does not work here in Australia but I have since managed to get UCC and some other MY21 features that IFR identified working. I think in your case you will be able to recode all the changes you made previously but will not be able to add any new ones that BMW may have added in the last 6 months or so using your current version of Esyx. The sequence and location of the FDL codes in the NCD file do not appear to change and from my experience, any new ones are introduced in an already reserved allocated places previously labelled "UNBELEGT" see image below

If you update, please remember to PM Shawn Sheridan for a link to the latest PSdz Data files and update them into your ESys directory otherwise you will get errors when you run ESysX to recode the updated files in your X5
Good afternoon! There are thoughts on how to activate TLA (traffic lights) in regions where they do not work (writes unavailable in your region). Recently, a lot of cars from Europe G05 G07 2019 began to arrive in Russia. They also initially did not have traffic lights, then they began to work fully with encodings in Europe, but when crossing the border with Russia, they immediately write that the function is "not available in your region"
And it works on some (there is a confirmation in telegram)(t.me/bmwg05chat ). Although the cars are the same, the encodings are the same, the cards are the same. The differences are only in the firmware version of the software. On some machines, after encoding, it also works in Russia. They didn't work for me (because the firmware is fresh). I also thought it was the maps, but it turns out that the software versions starting from about 2020y TLA are blocked for some regions and maps do not matter. The main thing is that some managed to circumvent the restrictions, but they do not want to share information. Most likely, you need to remove the blocking of regions in some other blocks by comparing the software versions.
If you can do it, please share the encodings
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 03:33 PM   #469
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konst67 View Post
Good afternoon! There are thoughts on how to activate TLA (traffic lights) in regions where they do not work (writes unavailable in your region). Recently, a lot of cars from Europe G05 G07 2019 began to arrive in Russia. They also initially did not have traffic lights, then they began to work fully with encodings in Europe, but when crossing the border with Russia, they immediately write that the function is "not available in your region"
And it works on some (there is a confirmation in telegram)(t.me/bmwg05chat ). Although the cars are the same, the encodings are the same, the cards are the same. The differences are only in the firmware version of the software. On some machines, after encoding, it also works in Russia. They didn't work for me (because the firmware is fresh). I also thought it was the maps, but it turns out that the software versions starting from about 2020y TLA are blocked for some regions and maps do not matter. The main thing is that some managed to circumvent the restrictions, but they do not want to share information. Most likely, you need to remove the blocking of regions in some other blocks by comparing the software versions.
If you can do it, please share the encodings
I have 2 issues Firstly the maps for Australia/NZ do not contain traffic light location data at all. I assume European map dataset includes Russia and it definitely has traffic light location data for western Europe and maybe Russia which will be difficult to confirm without looking at the raw map data before it is generated into readable file for the navigation software. The *.ini file which is attached to the map updates package i get confirms TLA location data is not included for my region. I even tried to modify the file to say it was included but to no avail. My latest OTA update 07/2022.58 appears to be the same version that other owners got in Europe & NA so i am not sure if that could be the reason.

Secondly I think all European spec cars include the Kafas FSC code for GWW (Give Way Warning) and Stop light Recognition. Australian Spec cars do not have this and I am of the opinion this may have something to do with TLA not working here where others have said no. If i get it working I will definitely post my findings on the forum

Last edited by Bambazonke; 01-22-2023 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 01:51 AM   #470
Konst67
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
I have 2 issues Firstly the maps for Australia/NZ do not contain traffic light location data at all. I assume European map dataset includes Russia and it definitely has traffic light location data for western Europe and maybe Russia which will be difficult to confirm without looking at the raw map data before it is generated into readable file for the navigation software. The *.ini file which is attached to the map updates package i get confirms TLA location data is not included for my region. I even tried to modify the file to say it was included but to no avail. My latest OTA update 07/2022.58 appears to be the same version that other owners got in Europe & NA so i am not sure if that could be the reason.

Secondly I think all European spec cars include the Kafas FSC code for GWW (Give Way Warning) and Stop light Recognition. Australian Spec cars do not have this and I am of the opinion this may have something to do with TLA not working here where others have said no. If i get it working I will definitely post my findings on the forum
For the first problem with maps, I can give a link to maps of Russia and you look at the information about traffic lights in them, but I repeat, the person who made himself and works for him in Russia says that this is not necessary
For the second problem, the FSC code for GWW is definitely not needed. Traffic lights work in Russia on cars who do not have GWW
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 11:31 AM   #471
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Anyone managed to code it via Bimmercode? I managed to enable the feature however couldn’t bypass the country setting. Ie the car will show that it not available on the country
Appreciate 1
typedcl25.50
      02-20-2023, 01:33 AM   #472
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmetbox View Post
Anyone managed to code it via Bimmercode? I managed to enable the feature however couldn’t bypass the country setting. Ie the car will show that it not available on the country
Not possible without E-sys.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 07:45 AM   #473
Gennady
Rep
Drives: X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konst67 View Post
For the first problem with maps, I can give a link to maps of Russia and you look at the information about traffic lights in them, but I repeat, the person who made himself and works for him in Russia says that this is not necessary
For the second problem, the FSC code for GWW is definitely not needed. Traffic lights work in Russia on cars who do not have GWW
answered privately
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 11:35 AM   #474
pavloPL
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 M Sport 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmetbox View Post
Nope, you cant activate it via Bimmercode. You need access to SAS3 ecu to activate it which only esys can afaik
      03-09-2023, 05:56 PM   #475
Gerhard Lamprecht
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 50i, 2015 F15 50i

This forum is like those tiktok clickbait videos. After 22 pages and about an hour of reading it came to an abrupt end with no information the last year and a half.

Are there any updates on this?

Is it available in the US now? All the information seem to point to Esysx, however Esysx has been deprecated. EsysNeXt is now the new one, but I did not see anyone with success?

Have there been updates, and is it working better?
Do they cater for different signal layout now?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 12:20 AM   #476
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard Lamprecht View Post
This forum is like those tiktok clickbait videos. After 22 pages and about an hour of reading it came to an abrupt end with no information the last year and a half.

Are there any updates on this?

Is it available in the US now? All the information seem to point to Esysx, however Esysx has been deprecated. EsysNeXt is now the new one, but I did not see anyone with success?

Have there been updates, and is it working better?
Do they cater for different signal layout now?
I can't say for the US, but works better on 07/2022 in the UK on my G20. I had to use Esysplus 4.1 last time as BimmerUtility didn't work. I was considering having a look at EsysNext as just updated to 11/2022 this week so need to reapply.

I have a sensor issue on my car so booked in for early April so will probably wait until then before applying as no doubt the first thing they will do is apply 03/2023.

I've post more recently on a G20 forum thread. Newer software seems to have improved TLA, particularly on driving away after the light goes green.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 06:05 AM   #477
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Gerhard Lamprecht ,

To address your first question, I'm in the US. I coded TLA into my 2020 M340. As ifr indicates, it doesn't work well in some parts of the world. The US is in that category. As best as I can surmise it's because of the inconsistent location of traffic lights at intersections -- some on far side, some overhead, as opposed to Europe where, as I recall, they're on near side. My car would stop in middle of intersection or act up; needless to say I uncoded.

Because the coding involves the SAS module, you can't use Bimmercode (doesn't work on that module), but you can use many others. I used initially, ProLauncher & then EysX. I would think BimmerUtility or the Chinese program (name escapes me). Each of these programs "maps" functions & values into ESys because BMW has been "clipping" that out of the program

Hope that helps

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      03-27-2023, 01:58 AM   #478
lpawelek
Rep
Drives: G07 30d

There is any possibility to code with BU Urban Cruise Control C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv from default value to 0xFFFFFFFF? I don't have any other option then default Nr000_Bausteinpartitionierung
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 10:28 PM   #479
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Second what RSnic mentioned about the TLA. I have been playing around with it for a month or two now and have noticed the same thing about stopping distance. It will detect the light, but because the lights in the US are typically across the intersection instead of on the near side, it will not stop at the correct location and instead try to continue in to the intersection. For purposes of the drive off alert, it works just fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 08:23 AM   #480
JackyBMWD
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Hi ifr sir.

I'm new user and have bimmer unitily s/w. I tried enable aSLA and traffic light assist on my G01 2022 car. But when I enable Traffic light function. Car will show the function dont support this country.Could you please kind share experience how to enable full region for TLA ? Pls help.Much Thanks bro.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 04:51 PM   #481
phantom4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpawelek View Post
There is any possibility to code with BU Urban Cruise Control C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv from default value to 0xFFFFFFFF? I don't have any other option then default Nr000_Bausteinpartitionierung
You should get a custom value checkbox so when you click it will let you edit each byte of the value. Just set each one to FF.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 04:55 PM   #482
phantom4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4

Is there any recent experience in Australia with UCC and TLA? I have enabled LCA but not having any luck with UCC here which others have said works in Australia. Bambazonke are you able to give an update on what works for you?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 02:35 AM   #483
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom4 View Post
Is there any recent experience in Australia with UCC and TLA? I have enabled LCA but not having any luck with UCC here which others have said works in Australia. Bambazonke are you able to give an update on what works for you?
TLA still does not work here in Australia and is unlikely to do so judging by what I saw in the latest X5 LCI which still does not have aSLA enabled despite the new Ford Ranger and VW Amarok utes having it enabled from factory.
UCC & aSLA work fine here in Australia in non LCI X5's after coding as per my cheat sheet
I was unable to check the new X5s if the Give Way/Stop Sign Warning which require FSC codes was enabled but I highly doubt it. Not confident with BMW Australia's current ability to be abreast of local driving regulations eg photos of contacts on Australian spec models are still disabled in the iDrive menu but are visible in AA Carplay and many other car brands sold in Australia proprietary phone software
MM20.00
      08-19-2023, 02:21 PM   #484
postbox1918
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
I coded TLA , UCC in my 2022 X5M50i with the help of Bambazonke cheat sheet last month and i used Bimmerutilty and esys 1st time, it took me 2 days to understand how to code it lol, but finally i coded everything and from that day I'm driving my car only using iDrive maps and as per my experience TLA works around 70% of time it recognize the light but hesitate where to actually stop and it has to do with positioning of traffic lights here in US but UCC and highway exit works around 90% of time in city streets on turns UCC kicks in and slow down the car so no need to lower the speed manually and highway exit works fine too and the iDrive maps shows the exact lane you are driving in .
I don't know if its possible to code stop sign recognition coz it can make UCC even better.
Appreciate 0