.. 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

04-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #23
ForsakenJedi71
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Had a buddy get all the features of Connected app including car play and remote start here in Germany without sending an email or doing anything? Did BMW finally allow all features available in the US to be used overseas?!
      04-27-2021, 04:57 PM   #24
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Alot of the features came in the March 2021 update.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 05:05 AM   #25
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

I'm also in the Ramstein area and I got the 3/2021.35 update (Euler) on the 15th of April. Apple carplay started working on the 26th of April. It just started working as I was driving on the 26th of April. Other apps showed up as well, Spotify, Android Auto, BMW Store, Automatic Window, Weather, My BMW, Drive Recorder, Rules for Climate Control. Vehicle build date is December, 2020.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 05:47 AM   #26
sjp0123
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW & X5

How did you enable your Car play? Just recently bought X5 thru Kolon BMW and trying to enable car play on my vehicle. I would really appreciate it if you can help me out.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:23 AM   #27
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp0123 View Post
How did you enable your Car play? Just recently bought X5 thru Kolon BMW and trying to enable car play on my vehicle. I would really appreciate it if you can help me out.
Before we start keep in mind I am only going to suggest what worked for me. The more I looked into the situation we are in the more confused I got.

So first check what version of software is installed on your X5. I have version 3/2021.35, but I not sure if this version is available on X5s. Then make sure to connect to the cars wifi. Apple carplay won't work if its not connected to the cars wifi.

Then install the new My BMW app if you do not have it installed already. After signing in/creating an account select the "add vehicle" option in the garage.

If you don't get the verification code in about 3 minutes start driving around and try again. This may seem odd but that's how I figured out the method used to transmit the code to the vehicle is very sporadic but it does work in Germany.

And that's all I know. I was able to add my car to the my bmw app, but I could not add my wife's X5 because it has software 7/2020xxx installed. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 11:06 PM   #28
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
I got you PM but it will not allow me to respond. You need to enable the function to receive messages. That's probably why you haven't heard back from kubax86 .
Attached Images

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 11:11 PM   #29
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiki08 View Post
Would anyone know if it's possible to code in carplay if it was a local stock car in a market which BMW does not offer carplay to begin with? Bimmercode doesn't seem to offer it for the VIN.

tbizzle86 was what you were referring to specific to US BMW military sales only?
What year is your X5? Also, check out BimmerTechs website. If you have the MGU head unit with ID7, send kubax86 a PM.

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 02:41 AM   #30
sjp0123
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle86 View Post
Quote:
I got you PM but it will not allow me to respond. You need to enable the function to receive messages. That's probably why you haven't heard back from kubax86 .
I am not sure why I can't receive the message. Thanks for the information. I need to figure out how to enable my private message capability.
      05-12-2021, 11:40 AM   #31
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am not sure why I can't receive the message. Thanks for the information. I need to figure out how to enable my private message capability.
Go to settings, the push tab and you should be good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 09:28 AM   #32
sjp0123
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I have check the settings but it is already on the "private message"
      05-15-2021, 09:57 AM   #33
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I have check the settings but it is already on the "private message"
It's still not allowing me to reply to your pm. Send me a pm with your Korean cell phone number and I'll txt you.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 11:22 AM   #34
hiki08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
What year is your X5? Also, check out BimmerTechs website. If you have the MGU head unit with ID7, send kubax86 a PM.
it's MY2019 G05. What's the MGU? It runs iDrive 7 as far as I'm aware.

BimmerTechs website says their carplay activation is not compatible with my vehicle though, when I entered the VIN.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 12:07 PM   #35
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiki08 View Post
it's MY2019 G05. What's the MGU? It runs iDrive 7 as far as I'm aware.

BimmerTechs website says their carplay activation is not compatible with my vehicle though, when I entered the VIN.
MGU = iDrive 7.
Send me your VIN, I'll check
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 03:24 AM   #36
hiki08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
MGU = iDrive 7.
Send me your VIN, I'll check
Thanks, PM'ed
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 04:48 PM   #37
JC316
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i | 2009 E90 335i

Just received my X5 M50i (US SPEC) in Korea 2 days ago.

Order date early February 2021 and production date April 2021.

The software version on the vehicle on arrival was 03/2021.

I have not tried Apple Carplay but Android Auto works perfectly.

My assumption is that AC will work too.

I will try BMW connect and report findings later. I also ordered the vehicle via KOLON.

As someone has already mentioned, wifi needs to be on in order to connect.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #38
gtotheq
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2022 BMW M3 (G80)  [0.00]
2021 BMW / X5  [0.00]
Ok, I need some answers from anyone out there that might know. My BMW connected apps just randomly started working this month. I did absolutely nothing to the car (I live in Germany with an US Spec X5). Since I was curious to see where it all goes I when trough the motions in MyBMW app and it all went trough. Maps, cars controls basically everything. However, I went to the website and my car for some reason says (Non-US spec) that last bit has me worry since I will be returning to US with this car amd I just bough a G80 as well.

Does anyone knows why is showing that way?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #39
AlexTheGiant21
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

So I'm also in Korea and fortunately, my Apple CarPlay works on my X5; however, I've been on version 11.2019.40 since picking it up December 2019. I've been seeing mentions of a 03.2021 version. Does anyone know how I could get an update?

Also, I've been driving on a guest profile. I called BMW, they were able to add my vehicle on the MyBMW app but I can't add it on the website and it doesn't reflect that it was added at all. I continue to receive an error when I try to login manually in the car.

Has anyone been able to get their wifi hotspot to work? I have a buddy who just picked up his car earlier this week and his wifi works and is able to connect to it.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I would appreciate any help!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 08:01 AM   #40
kimmy77_02
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I just placed an order for mine from Kolon BMW. I was informed that my Apple Car Play would not work when I was filling out some paper work, which bummed me out but my got my hopes up after reading this forum. Going to be keeping an eyes on the post/forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:44 PM   #41
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheGiant21 View Post
So I'm also in Korea and fortunately, my Apple CarPlay works on my X5; however, I've been on version 11.2019.40 since picking it up December 2019. I've been seeing mentions of a 03.2021 version. Does anyone know how I could get an update?

Also, I've been driving on a guest profile. I called BMW, they were able to add my vehicle on the MyBMW app but I can't add it on the website and it doesn't reflect that it was added at all. I continue to receive an error when I try to login manually in the car.

Has anyone been able to get their wifi hotspot to work? I have a buddy who just picked up his car earlier this week and his wifi works and is able to connect to it.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I would appreciate any help!
Because the vehicle in located in Korea, your Telematics don't work. So the vehicle is unable to connect to your online account to push out updates. My 2021 has the same issues here in Korea.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:53 PM   #42
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy77_02 View Post
I just placed an order for mine from Kolon BMW. I was informed that my Apple Car Play would not work when I was filling out some paper work, which bummed me out but my got my hopes up after reading this forum. Going to be keeping an eyes on the post/forum.
There is a way to get CarPlay while here in Korea. I was able to get mine unlocked. I will say that after I got my CarPlay to work, all was fine for a couple of months. Then either CarPlay or Naver maps or something updated and my maps is basically lost to the point where it's unusable. It's really hit and miss. Naver maps is basically unusable now, Waze is hit and miss. I'm not sure what happened, but if you want to try it you will need a windows computer, an OBDII to ethernet connector, internet access (you can use your phones hotspot), and hit up kubax86. He is the genus behind getting your Carplay unlocked.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 12:39 AM   #43
SpaceCadet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 xdrive40i

I'm also in Pyeongtaek with a USA spec 2021 X5 I got 1 month ago. Apple car play and Naver works for a few seconds then when driving around, the navigation just goes bezerk and gives me inaccurate directions. Thus, the military sales dealer told me ahead of time that apple car play and navigation won't work in Korea so I'm fine with it. I know when I take this car back to stateside it'll be better. So I turned off apple car play and left my car to idrive. I also connect my iPhone to the car via usb to charge while using Naver to travel around Korea. I have to look down once in a while while traveling but it's not a huge deal right now since I'll be back in stateside next summer.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 09:09 PM   #44
dgl9287
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 M50i Carbon Black

Quote:
There is a way to get CarPlay while here in Korea. I was able to get mine unlocked. I will say that after I got my CarPlay to work, all was fine for a couple of months. Then either CarPlay or Naver maps or something updated and my maps is basically lost to the point where it's unusable. It's really hit and miss. Naver maps is basically unusable now, Waze is hit and miss. I'm not sure what happened, but if you want to try it you will need a windows computer, an OBDII to ethernet connector, internet access (you can use your phones hotspot), and hit up kubax86. He is the genus behind getting your Carplay unlocked.
Hey tbizzle86, I've been following your threads specifically for Apple carplay. I'm new here and I guess I need to unlock the PM feature first to get to kubax86. I got a 2021 X6 which I'm trying to get carplay unlocked. Any advice will be appreciated!
Appreciate 0