BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

02-13-2021, 11:32 PM   #199
leon360x
Thermal&Mechanical
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

I just dont like the overall shape of the trunk, so bulky, I really like the design of the current X3 and X5.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2021, 02:18 AM   #200
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Looks like a Japanese taxi
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 06:20 AM   #201
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
For me, if I end up going the electric route (not anytime soon though), I would go for Ford. They do have a better product.

😳😳Never thought I would say that about a Ford 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
Doctor///M1792.00
      02-14-2021, 06:47 AM   #202
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
What design language is this called?
"Questionable" I think is the polite word.

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 2
      02-14-2021, 07:41 AM   #203
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
For me, if I end up going the electric route (not anytime soon though), I would go for Ford. They do have a better product.

Interesting option. I almost forgot about it. Seems like it's been launched forever without me seeing a single car in the flesh.

Looking like forwards to the top performance model.
      02-14-2021, 08:12 AM   #204
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Looks like trash.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 08:17 AM   #205
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Interesting option. I almost forgot about it. Seems like it's been launched forever without me seeing a single car in the flesh.

I saw my first one on the road last week, looked to be in some sort of matte grey color. It's not a bad looking car to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #206
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post

They just arrived at dealers this week. My local dealer just got two on Friday, they look pretty good in person.
Attached Images

JustChris17487.50
psuibmw3482.50
      02-14-2021, 08:45 AM   #207
Resoelg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 ZV-Blue

Garage List
24 G87  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lixiang7349 View Post
For some reason this reminds me of predator
That's funny!!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 09:27 AM   #208
Macphisto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2

Y > iX
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16539.00
      02-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #209
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Can we just stop talking about the grill? It's getting tired and everyone knows you don't like it. Besides if you're in the market for a new BMW you'll still buy it because it's all about that new car status, keeping up with the Jones's.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 10:13 AM   #210
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Can we just stop talking about the grill? It's getting tired and everyone knows you don't like it. Besides if you're in the market for a new BMW you'll still buy it because it's all about that new car status, keeping up with the Jones's.
Can we just stop talking about people talking about the grille?

The difference is one discussion is about a BMW product (the intent of this forum I think), while the other is criticizing forum members opinions. Which is more appropriate?

Take a break if discussions of BMWs gets tired.
      02-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #211
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I'm very pleased to see BMW and the other large manufacturers getting into the electric car market. While Tesla may have a jump on the competition their interiors are just plain boring. They really don't know how to build cars yet, they're learning as they go.
Quote:
I'm very pleased to see BMW and the other large manufacturers getting into the electric car market. While Tesla may have a jump on the competition their interiors are just plain boring. They really don't know how to build cars yet, they're learning as they go.
They have their work cut out. My wife test drove the Audi e-tron, Jag I-Pace, Model Y and even a BMW X3, since we already have an X5 and she actually preferred the MY interior and exterior.

Now having both at home, I have to admit, the only thing missing in the MY is a HUD and they will eat the competition. The interior is rock solid (unlike the Model S of yore). There are no creaks -unlike my X5.

I think the BMW looks great from the back and it does have a little bit of the Lexus RX styling so could be focusing on the Chinese market. The grill is too big IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #212
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Quote:

The difference is one discussion is about a BMW product (the intent of this forum I think), while the other is criticizing forum members opinions. Which is more appropriate?

Are you gonna be ok? Forums are not limited to a single discussion, that's the intent, I think. Opinions and getting tired of the same old opinions are all relative. Are you knew to the Internet and how forums work? I'm sorry you don't like the grill and I'm sorry BMW shit on their legacy by a design change because people like you define a car by the shape of radiator cooling vents.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 11:24 AM   #213
Fronttwelv
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 328i xdrive msport

Is that a BMW or a GMC Terrain? Great front end but side profile is awful. Hope they change the production units!
      02-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #214
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Quote:

Are you gonna be ok? Forums are not limited to a single discussion, that's the intent, I think. Opinions and getting tired of the same old opinions are all relative. Are you knew to the Internet and how forums work? I'm sorry you don't like the grill and I'm sorry BMW shit on their legacy by a design change because people like you define a car by the shape of radiator cooling vents.
Glad we're in agreement.
      02-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #215
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffrey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
They have their work cut out. My wife test drove the Audi e-tron, Jag I-Pace, Model Y and even a BMW X3, since we already have an X5 and she actually preferred the MY interior and exterior.

Now having both at home, I have to admit, the only thing missing in the MY is a HUD and they will eat the competition. The interior is rock solid (unlike the Model S of yore). There are no creaks -unlike my X5.

I think the BMW looks great from the back and it does have a little bit of the Lexus RX styling so could be focusing on the Chinese market. The grill is too big IMHO.
model y better than all those cars interior and exterior .
My friend has a 2016 model s and it's dire sounds like a rickety taxi inside. G05 x5 is a class act.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 12:12 PM   #216
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macphisto View Post
Y > iX
That is probably a given

Battery is BMW's biggest problem
      02-14-2021, 01:13 PM   #217
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My friend has a 2016 model s and it's dire sounds like a rickety taxi inside. G05 x5 is a class act.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What car is your friend planning to get next? Ever wondered by Tesla resale values are so much higher than BMW? I'll definitely consider the iX as my next upgrade along with what is out there. However, based on my recent comparisons, a lot of the criticisms against Tesla's build quality have been addressed. The Model Y (long range) is an incredible all around vehicle. The build quality is at par with my X5 in every way possible. There is no denying that. The iX needs to be great. The Ford Mach-e is also shaping up to be a formidable competitor.

BMW's biggest competitive advantage IMHO is their fine tuned leasing program. If you want to lease, BMW makes it really easy.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #218
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What car is your friend planning to get next? Ever wondered by Tesla resale values are so much higher than BMW? I'll definitely consider the iX as my next upgrade along with what is out there. However, based on my recent comparisons, a lot of the criticisms against Tesla's build quality have been addressed. The Model Y (long range) is an incredible all around vehicle. The build quality is at par with my X5 in every way possible. There is no denying that. The iX needs to be great. The Ford Mach-e is also shaping up to be a formidable competitor.

BMW's biggest competitive advantage IMHO is their fine tuned leasing program. If you want to lease, BMW makes it really easy.
he bought the model s for 76k 4 years ago and residual in 4 years was 38k. I would argue not much difference in residuals as a 76k bmw would be discounted to 60-65k and then offer a residual of 30k on a 2.9%apr in leasing.
Anyway to answer your question he is planning to buy out his model as he bought it as his toy as he is an IT guy and has hardly done any miles on it.
(ps in £ not in $ and tbh model y not scheduled to come to Britain till 2022).
BTW if the interior quality of a 76k model s is nowhere when compared to a g05 x5, its real leather fgs and my g05 doesn't have a single squeak or rattle and highway road noise is non existent.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #219
canadianbimmerlover
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M, Z4 M, M2C, M3C

Can they ditch the beaver teeth grill already. I really don't think I can buy a vehicle with such an ugly front end. Audi seems to be able to make it work, but the Lexus grills are hideous also. Wish they would go back to the wider but short kidneys.
Appreciate 3
IB M2782.00
stein_325i25083.00
J-RO2095.00
      02-14-2021, 01:51 PM   #220
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbimmerlover View Post
Can they ditch the beaver teeth grill already. I really don't think I can buy a vehicle with such an ugly front end. Audi seems to be able to make it work, but the Lexus grills are hideous also. Wish they would go back to the wider but short kidneys.
Yep - not to be negative but I cant buy a BMW with that front end styling. I am trying hard to like the new M3 but I can't.
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25083.00
Doctor///M1792.00
J-RO2095.00