08-19-2023, 05:17 PM   #485
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
I think stop sign recognition requires an FSC code like Give Way Warning ((GWW). Traffic Light locations in Europe Australia UK at intersections differ to US Canada which explains why your vehicle stops at odd locations with reference to the light I have scoured the two Kafas NCDs for parameters that may allow for adjustment but I think they may be built into the map database
      08-22-2023, 10:41 PM   #486
coolcat0304
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Ok after trialing various regional codes changes in the 4 ECU's that require coding modification to work by myself and Deja011. I can confirm my initial suspicion from my post in March this year that TLA does not work here, NOT to insufficient coding but due to the Australian/NZ map database not containing Traffic Light Location data which is a prerequisite for it to work.

During a recent map update via USB drive, i found a configuration file that lists what map features are contained in the database and whether they are activated or not. Deja011 also modified the list too and reloaded the maps on his X5 and iDrive came up with the error missing traffic light data.

I would like to think this is the same reason why TLA does not work in other parts of the world like Russia and some eastern European countries. I would suggest the best thing to do before going down the coding route is to first check the contents of this file in your latest Map Update on your USB stick. If it has a 0 then no dice, if it has a 1 change it to a 2 and hope it activates the TLA data on the stick and finally if it has a 2 then you are on the money. Note in the pic below I already edited it from a 0 to 2 for trialing purposes
I can confirm that the JOY maps (used by X5 LCI) in Australia do not contain traffic light data. Really sad how risk adverse BMW Australia is, given that MB uses the same map provider and has this enabled.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2023, 04:14 AM   #487
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Thanks for the info do you know what model has it? and is the car able to stop at the lights and can it adjust it’s speed automatically to the speed limit posted on the sign like the new Ford Ranger and Amarok can do?
      08-27-2023, 01:53 AM   #488
coolcat0304
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Thanks for the info do you know what model has it? and is the car able to stop at the lights and can it adjust it’s speed automatically to the speed limit posted on the sign like the new Ford Ranger and Amarok can do?
X5 LCI with MGU22. Well, technically JOY maps have traffic light data (navigation says turns right at traffic light) but it is switched off in the parameters.

And no, the car cannot stop at traffic lights, doesn't adjust speed automatically to the speed limit, nor does it slow down at curves/intersections.

Considering Merc does the latter (can adapt speed to route), BMW Australia is very risk adverse for some reason.
Appreciate 1
marcosg24.50
      08-27-2023, 05:23 PM   #489
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

In the US, depending on settings and options, when the system recognizes a new speed limit, you have to hit the set button to accept it. While speed zones are in the map database, it also uses the camera to detect them.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 02:01 AM   #490
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat0304 View Post
X5 LCI with MGU22. Well, technically JOY maps have traffic light data (navigation says turns right at traffic light) but it is switched off in the parameters.

And no, the car cannot stop at traffic lights, doesn't adjust speed automatically to the speed limit, nor does it slow down at curves/intersections.

Considering Merc does the latter (can adapt speed to route), BMW Australia is very risk adverse for some reason.
I have a pre LCI X5 and have been able to code my car to adjust speed,automatically to the posted limit & slow down for curves / intersections.

Unfortunately LCI models have now had their ECUs locked and only can only be coded online so until BMW Australia legal department get their act together I won’t be buying another new BMW with a feature that only has limited functionality
      12-13-2023, 03:18 PM   #491
MM2
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Garage List
2024 M2  [0.00]
Can I please have a copy of the cheat sheet.
Have been working on these and have made some progress eg. auto application of speed limits with upcoming limits showing in screen and then being automatically set. I have roundabout coming up on screen but car does not slow down for it. If I have wheels turning car slows down but this after already have had to slow with brakes for the roundabout. ADV shows not active on my screen and need to get this sorted
Appreciate any help
Appreciate 0