BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-25-2021, 06:26 AM   #45
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

What is of concern is that BMW in removing some of these items from 'packs' are not giving the full cost credit to those customers. Typically in the UK, BMW are providing a £300 credit for HK which normally has a standalone value of approximately £700 - £800 (model dependant).

I would like them to start removing pointless gimicks like gesture control which may save a few semi conductors for more in demand features.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 06:27 AM   #46
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Standalone value is always higher than bundled value but yeah, if you wanted the option, then a "credit" isn't particularly helpful!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 06:40 AM   #47
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
TBH, this is what you'd expect BMW to do in this scenario (whether you like it or not is another matter!).
Why? Have any other industries reliant on semi conductors increased their prices. I have not paid more for my recent desk top computer, iphone or top of the range washing machine.

It is basic profiteering!

Lets face it most X5's have a massive profit margin and it appears there are no shortage of orders given that they appear to be happy to cancel orders rather than honouring them.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 06:44 AM   #48
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330dMSXD View Post
Why? Have any other industries reliant on semi conductors increased their prices. I have not paid more for my recent desk top computer, iphone or top of the range washing machine.

It is basic profiteering!

Lets face it most X5's have a massive profit margin and it appears there are no shortage of orders given that they appear to be happy to cancel orders rather than honouring them.
Has BMW increased the cost though? They've dropped orders, not the same thing.

Perhaps Apple, Intel has a larger stock of chips to start with plus those devices are not infinitely customisable.

Phones, PC, white goods etc can be made well in advance of being sold, whereas cars are made-to-order, so the parts have to be there when the car is built OR a sufficiently large stock is available to cover build AND warranty work.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 07:09 AM   #49
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Has BMW increased the cost though? They've dropped orders, not the same thing.
Indirectly, yes if you want AS or HK.

As previously mentioned there are no shortage of orders otherwise they would not be as selective in what orders they build and which ones they dont.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #50
nunp
Private
Rep
Drives: RR Velar, Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunp View Post
I may have secured a stock 40d M Sport with Tech and Pro packs with 22 alloy upgrade. More importantly the car comes with air suspension and HK and quick delivery. Waiting on formal quote but looks promising. Might be getting a X5 afterall.
I’m pleased to say I’ve secured a stock Blue X5 40d with tech pack, pro pack and 22 alloy upgrade. Paying more than my 30d deal but critically the car comes with HK and air suspension. Collect this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 10:13 AM   #51
amanhasnoname
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunp View Post
I’m pleased to say I’ve secured a stock Blue X5 40d with tech pack, pro pack and 22 alloy upgrade. Paying more than my 30d deal but critically the car comes with HK and air suspension. Collect this weekend.
Hi mate

How did you source this please?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 02:29 PM   #52
nunp
Private
Rep
Drives: RR Velar, Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanhasnoname View Post
Hi mate

How did you source this please?
Found the car through stratstone bmw Doncaster. I spent ages trawling through the bmw stock pages found here https://stock.bmw.co.uk/ but the post code search doesn't work too well as despite selecting a nationwide search it limits the number of cars listed so you need to try several searches with different post codes around the country to get a true nationwide view of what is available assuming you are happy to travel or have it delivered. Most X5s were either fully loaded or lacked some of the packs I wanted i.e M Sport plus. There are however loads of the discontinued M50d out there. But there is some 30d and 40i stock. I would imagine all other X5’s on route to dealers will be missing air suspension and possibly other items affected by the semi conductor issues. Good luck, my perseverance pulled off but you must really want a X5 to go to this effort. For what it’s worth I think some of BMWs actions have been shameful at a time when they should be thinking how frustrating the situation is for their customers i.e options being dropped from orders. I’ve also got an iX3 on order for my wife so hoping this order will de delivered as planned though it’s only due in December.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2021, 06:42 AM   #53
snerkler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 x30d M Sport

Well I'm very disappointed to say that my car arrived without the Harman Kardon stereo, and as this is a must have option for me I have rejected the car and have decided to keep my current F15 X5 for a while and will wait until BMW can guarantee that they can give you the car you've ordered.

I do think that it's disgraceful that they go ahead and still build it knowing it's not what you ordered. I appreciate there's a pandemic on but I'd rather wait a few more weeks and get the car I ordered.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 11:29 PM   #54
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerkler View Post
Well I'm very disappointed to say that my car arrived without the Harman Kardon stereo, and as this is a must have option for me I have rejected the car and have decided to keep my current F15 X5 for a while and will wait until BMW can guarantee that they can give you the car you've ordered.

I do think that it's disgraceful that they go ahead and still build it knowing it's not what you ordered. I appreciate there's a pandemic on but I'd rather wait a few more weeks and get the car I ordered.
The MY22 order guide never had HK so why did you think that's what you ordered? Waiting a few more weeks is also not an option. It's gone for MY22.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 01:49 AM   #55
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
The MY22 order guide never had HK so why did you think that's what you ordered? Waiting a few more weeks is also not an option. It's gone for MY22.
My thoughts exactly. I can't say I would have thrown away a perfectly good X5 MSport if all it didn't have was HK. There's always Bavsound or something better out there.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 03:04 PM   #56
snerkler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Lol I know what I ordered, it’s also right there on the spec sheet. HK was removed from standard and was added as part of the tech pack, which I ordered
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 03:06 PM   #57
snerkler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
My thoughts exactly. I can't say I would have thrown away a perfectly good X5 MSport if all it didn't have was HK. There's always Bavsound or something better out there.
Each to their own, music’s very important to me and a standard stereo won’t do. Adding another stereo is not an option as the car is now built and I was going to lease it.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 03:08 PM   #58
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerkler View Post
Quote:
Lol I know what I ordered, it’s also right there on the spec sheet. HK was removed from standard and was added as part of the tech pack, which I ordered
What tech pack? At least in the US it's only available on the M50i. Maybe I missed where you said you were in another market or talking about an M50i. For some reason I thought you were talking about a US 40i.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 03:12 PM   #59
snerkler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What tech pack? At least in the US it's only available on the M50i. Maybe I missed where you said you were in another market or talking about an M50i. For some reason I thought you were talking about a US 40i.
UK, x30d M sport. I also believe it was an MY21, was ordered back in May
Appreciate 0