BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-18-2021, 03:15 AM   #397
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I'd look at maxing out the land masks to FF.. and take it from there.

If that region is 'normally' supported from a BMW DAP perspective, then the fail is more likely to be nav mapping data related than a specific BMW Geo restriction.

The car types can be influential too. Yours is a US type, whereas it could be that that region is normally shipped with an ECE type. Whereas there are regional country codes, and associated coding, the car types fall into 2 categories and they are fundamental.
Based on this statement and the result I'm currently having, would you still think that the fail is more likely to be nav related ?

I don't have your expertise but I suspect that since the Traffic Light logo shows up on my instrument clusters every time I'm getting close to a traffic light means two things:
1- it's not Maps related because the data isn't available in the system and yet it picks it up
2- the KAFAS are actually working (and this makes me wonder why SLI does not work for me. Maybe due to the car type?)

This leads me to think that this is more likely to be related to the geographic restrictions.

I still have to max-out all land masks (takes time to find them all, I guess) to exhaust that possibility.

I'll then try, as an experiment, to change the car type from US to ECE (using TypSchlussel) to see if there's any difference. If there isn't, we can rule that Middle East region is blocked by BMW for these features.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 07:12 AM   #398
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

SLI--> SLA --> aSLA --> TLA

As I said, you fail on SLI so I wouldn't bother considering why the rest doesn't work.

Mapping is needed for SLA, but I doubt it is for TLA, other than the dependency on SLA.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #399
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

As I said, you fail on SLI so I wouldn't bother considering why the rest doesn't work.

Mapping is needed for SLA, but I doubt it is for TLA, other than the dependency on SLA.
Mapping is certainly not needed for TLA as its recognized by my car (just the light, not the color).

I'll try to change the car type as a last move and will revert back to original code if it doesn't work — this sounds like the most appropriate course of action for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 04:31 PM   #400
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
Quote:

Mapping is certainly not needed for TLA as its recognized by my car (just the light, not the color).

I'll try to change the car type as a last move and will revert back to original code if it doesn't work — this sounds like the most appropriate course of action for me.
You might get an fp calculation fail as your vin isn't ece.

Even if it allows it I wouldn't do a full car vo code with that level of change. It might be fine but I would expect some major changes across the board to all ECU and it might kill your car.

Just changing the type without coding is unlikely to do anything until you get an istep upgrade. Then all hell could break loose. Don't forget you have some us specific hardware
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2021, 07:29 PM   #401
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
... and it might kill your car.
Seen from that perspective, I might be just fine without SLI
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 12:43 AM   #402
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Seen from that perspective, I might be just fine without SLI
Might be best

If you are going to be abroad for 12+ months I'd be tempted to buy the maps. Can't say for sure if it's going to work in context of your objective, but depending on cost, worth a shot.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 03:36 AM   #403
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Might be best

If you are going to be abroad for 12+ months I'd be tempted to buy the maps. Can't say for sure if it's going to work in context of your objective, but depending on cost, worth a shot.
The cost is 650+ USD so not small.

I'd buy the maps if I had a level of confidence that aSLA and TLA would work seamlessly in this region (I know SLI would because I had a previous BMW car from this region where the speed limit was displayed correctly here).

Paying this amount and finding myself in the same situation as now would be very frustrating
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 04:00 AM   #404
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The cost is 650+ USD so not small.

I'd buy the maps if I had a level of confidence that aSLA and TLA would work seamlessly in this region (I know SLI would because I had a previous BMW car from this region where the speed limit was displayed correctly here).

Paying this amount and finding myself in the same situation as now would be very frustrating
How long are you going to be abroad? If its a lengthy period and you anticipate x hours per day in the car I'd pay it in a heartbeat. I'd pay just to try and meet the challenge, but Im competitive that way

Remind me, where are you based? If it's a region where aSLA and TLA are working, then there is a fair chance it will work. Both systems work on US type cars with coding. TLA mixed results but that could be the TL physical design
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 04:12 AM   #405
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
How long are you going to be abroad? If its a lengthy period and you anticipate x hours per day in the car I'd pay it in a heartbeat. I'd pay just to try and meet the challenge, but Im competitive that way

Remind me, where are you based? If it's a region where aSLA and TLA are working, then there is a fair chance it will work. Both systems work on US type cars with coding. TLA mixed results but that could be the TL physical design
I'm currently based in Doha, Qatar. And I'm here for the foreseeable future. The unknown is rather how long I'll keep the car.

I don't think that there's any report of aSLA and TLA working in the region just yet.

And when I see the result of the coding on my car currently where it picks up the traffic lights only using KAFAS but unable to read the actual colours (I have a red cross showing up next to the traffic light sign on my instrument cluster) in addition to the message saying the feature is inactive in this country, I have reasonable doubt that it may not work even after the maps update.

But your thinking process about dividing it by # of days/hours spent in the car is a good one
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 01:42 AM   #406
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

Other than TRL/TLA, is there any additional or other feature that require Urban Cruise Control (UCC) to control?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 02:13 AM   #407
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Just an update to everyone here who's willing to give a try on enabling aSLA, auto lane change and TLA on their cars.

After maximising all masks to FF, FF, FF, FF, the result for me is the same:

1- TLA: while the car detects the red lights, it's not able to deduct the actual colour and I get a red cross next to the logo on the instrument cluster/HUD

2- aSLA / Auto Lane Change: As soon as I activate driving assistant, I get a pop up notification on the screen indicating that some functions are not available in this country.

For full transparency, here are the elements I was *not* able to code in the list that was previously shared. I'm not sure about the reason but I couldn't find them in the respective ECUs.

SAS3/42C1 C_SLA_QmaN_Land_aktiv
SAS3/42C1 C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv
SAS3/42C1 C_RGA_Land_aktiv
SAS3/42C1 C_ACC_AAE_Vorhanden
SAS3/42C1 C_RGA_Seitenwahl_links_Land_aktiv
SAS3/42C1 EM_AdasIntegration_AdasExtendedPdu
SAS3/42C1 C_QmaN_Vorhanden
SAS3/42C1 C_RGA_Funktion
3E52 HU_MGU RETTUNGSGASSE
3E52 HU_MGU SITUATIVERABSTAND
3E52 HU_MGU STRECKENVERLAUF_GENERATION
3E52 HU_MGU ADAS_2DH_HORIZON_EXTENSION
3E52 HU_MGU SICHT_ABSICHT
3E52 HU_MGU STRECKENVERLAUF_GENERATION
7083 BDC EINSEITIG_VORBEIFAHREN

Bottom line:
A- the maps in the car are essential for these features to work. KAFAS isn't enough (that's an obvious one).

B- Based on the message on the screen, there's a great likelihood that these features are disabled in the system for the Middle East (just like e.g. Australia)

I'll be reverting back to default values on these since that's been unsuccessful until I eventually decide to purchase the maps for the region and give it another go.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 02:52 AM   #408
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

@consuldean Were you using BimmerCode as that can’t access all ECUs, so you’d need to try EsysX to code the other values.

Without any coding of this type, I have found that TLA doesn’t work and I get the pop-up per 2) when I first activate Assisted Driving for a journey.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 02:58 AM   #409
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
@consuldean Were you using BimmerCode as that can’t access all ECUs, so you’d need to try EsysX to code the other values.

Without any coding of this type, I have found that TLA doesn’t work and I get the pop-up per 2) when I first activate Assisted Driving for a journey.
I coded this using ESYS + LP 3.7.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 03:56 AM   #410
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
@consuldean Were you using BimmerCode as that can't access all ECUs, so you'd need to try EsysX to code the other values.

Without any coding of this type, I have found that TLA doesn't work and I get the pop-up per 2) when I first activate Assisted Driving for a journey.
You can't code asla or tla using launcher pro.

It's not possible. Latest esysx and psdzdata is required.

Plus valid maps of course.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 08:44 AM   #411
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@consuldean Were you using BimmerCode as that can't access all ECUs, so you'd need to try EsysX to code the other values.

Without any coding of this type, I have found that TLA doesn't work and I get the pop-up per 2) when I first activate Assisted Driving for a journey.
You can't code asla or tla using launcher pro.

It's not possible. Latest esysx and psdzdata is required.

Plus valid maps of course.
To be more specific, I have used the support of a friend of mine who codes and I am fairly sure he did use LP3.7.

Just for my reference: it's not possible because the mapping isn't done for the latest versions and would this be a reason why we couldn't see the lines I listed above?

Thanks anyway for the information, I somehow missed that through the reading I did on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 09:04 AM   #412
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
To be more specific, I have used the support of a friend of mine who codes and I am fairly sure he did use LP3.7.

Just for my reference: it's not possible because the mapping isn't done for the latest versions and would this be a reason why we couldn't see the lines I listed above?

Thanks anyway for the information, I somehow missed that through the reading I did on the forums.
It's fundamental to coding. Launchers (esysx, LP, esysplus) exist in addition to esys for 2 reasons:
1) provide a cert for fdl coding
2) map psdzdata as all codes are now trimmed by default

Every i-step upgrade needs newer psdzdata to support FDL coding. New codes are introduced with psdzdata and some existing codes are updated.

LP hasn't properly' supported the S18A models for nearly 2 years. TM attempted to update to the latest at the time with LP 3.7 but a lot of codes were mapped incorrectly or missing. Getting the 'key' for the mappings has to come from BMW insiders, and is harder than ever now, which may have been part of the reason he got it so wrong.

Suffice to say, there are many trimmed or incorrectly mapped codes with latest i-step/psdzdata and LP 3.7
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2021, 08:02 AM   #413
Freelancer withour work
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i M Sport

Quote:
ALL Toma Launcher is not show many code.
only need esysx new psdzdata mapping version.
2020 ~ BMW G20 320i
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 08:30 AM   #414
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

I got 03/2021.46 at the dealer this week and I now have the traffic light assistant options in the settings, but the car says they are not available in Finland (just like some other driving assistant features). Is it easy to enable these in Finland?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 09:17 AM   #415
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by biterror View Post
I got 03/2021.46 at the dealer this week and I now have the traffic light assistant options in the settings, but the car says they are not available in Finland (just like some other driving assistant features). Is it easy to enable these in Finland?
If ur have already this option on ur Idrive maybe u will need to change land mask
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 09:40 AM   #416
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
If ur have already this option on ur Idrive maybe u will need to change land mask
Thanks. I guess so - is that possible using BimmerCode or Carly? Is there a manual for n00bs somewhere ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:54 AM   #417
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Thanks. I guess so - is that possible using BimmerCode or Carly? Is there a manual for n00bs somewhere ;-)
No u need esysx
Appreciate 2
biterror514.00
ifr1196.50
      05-16-2021, 05:45 AM   #418
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Yes, easily codeable. You need E-SysX as previously mentioned with newest psdzdata and mappings. If you're not comfortable with coding feel free to contact us.
Appreciate 0