BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #23
pb2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanhasnoname View Post
I didn't have the tech pack on my order, but I was told today by my dealer that the wireless charging will be removed from my build. I asked if my build could be delayed but was told that this will affect model year 22 too.
I wonder if wireless charging is being pulled for parts reasons or because there's a problem with the technology. I remember reading posts about it overheating the phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:45 AM   #24
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunp View Post
Did you dealer indicate the cost of you car will be reduced to consider the lack of HK. I think they did this when air suspension was removed -£700
Yes, about £700.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:47 AM   #25
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
I think if the car showed up with missing options, you just tell the dealer to keep it for himself simple
From the information I received yesterday it appears that there will be quite a few cars turning up at the dealers with either options missing or replaced by basic options i.e. HK.

Im informed that the factory are changing build specs without notifying the dealers
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:52 AM   #26
racingrnyc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, X5 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330dMSXD View Post
From the information I received yesterday it appears that there will be quite a few cars turning up at the dealers with either options missing or replaced by basic options i.e. HK.

Im informed that the factory are changing build specs without notifying the dealers
Are they 40is or m50is?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:57 AM   #27
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Im based in the UK, but assuming the shortages ATM of both components and dealer inventory, these 'mis' builds could be being shipped anywhere
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 07:11 AM   #28
phillydilles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G05

Dear people canceling their orders due to no wireless charging, please don't do it just for that reason alone.

Seriously - it's really slow to charge vs a cable, overheats your phone significantly (there's an iPhone overheat thread lurking somewhere), and I haven't found a noticeable increase to reception via the signal booster. iPhone 12 mini, sans-case, and a Samsung N20U, also no case, with the same results, and neither being used for navigation or anything intensive.

It's great in a pinch for a friend who's got a different phone, but that's also easily remedied by having a spare Lightning/USB-C cable in the console, if you're indeed having that challenge so often.

Losing HK would definitely be a deal breaker for me, but having had a G05 for 1.5 years with their poor implementation of wireless charging, WC would definitely not.
Appreciate 2
      05-13-2021, 08:46 AM   #29
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2018 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydilles View Post
Dear people canceling their orders due to no wireless charging, please don't do it just for that reason alone.

Seriously - it's really slow to charge vs a cable, overheats your phone significantly (there's an iPhone overheat thread lurking somewhere), and I haven't found a noticeable increase to reception via the signal booster. iPhone 12 mini, sans-case, and a Samsung N20U, also no case, with the same results, and neither being used for navigation or anything intensive.

It's great in a pinch for a friend who's got a different phone, but that's also easily remedied by having a spare Lightning/USB-C cable in the console, if you're indeed having that challenge so often.

Losing HK would definitely be a deal breaker for me, but having had a G05 for 1.5 years with their poor implementation of wireless charging, WC would definitely not.
What "signal booster" ?
How do you know you have it?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #30
1gkek
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuicyYumboYack View Post
Makes me hopeful...mine is scheduled for week 23. Do you happen to remember how long it took to go from "scheduled for production" to "production begins"?
A couple weeks, but ordered knowing it was a late June build so I wasn’t expecting it to move at all this month. But I still check it every day because I like seeing it’s picture in my BMW garage 😀. I was shocked that it moved to “production begins” so soon. But I’m pleased. So far the only thing no longer listed in the build is the HK. We’ll see.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:09 AM   #31
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gkek View Post
Quote:
Makes me hopeful...mine is scheduled for week 23. Do you happen to remember how long it took to go from "scheduled for production" to "production begins"?
A couple weeks, but ordered knowing it was a late June build so I wasn’t expecting it to move at all this month. But I still check it every day because I like seeing it’s picture in my BMW garage 😀. I was shocked that it moved to “production begins” so soon. But I’m pleased. So far the only thing no longer listed in the build is the HK. We’ll see.
Thanks! Good to know. I've been obsessively reloading the status and I can't stop. I didn't order HK, but everything else I ordered seems to be there.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #32
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Wait what?! This is week 19?! This whole time I thought it was week 20. My M50i went into production begins last Monday, is still in that status, and has a production complete date of 5/18. So far nothing removed from my build… 🙏🙏🙏
      05-13-2021, 11:09 AM   #33
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydilles View Post

Appreciate the insight. TBH I was thinking about not following through with the purchase at delivery if it doesn't come with the wireless charging, but maybe I'm over thinking it.

Is it fair to assume that I'll still be able to use Android Auto if it doesn't come with the wireless charger? I believe it's via bluetooth so I think it doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:34 PM   #34
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Appreciate the insight. TBH I was thinking about not following through with the purchase at delivery if it doesn't come with the wireless charging, but maybe I'm over thinking it.

Is it fair to assume that I'll still be able to use Android Auto if it doesn't come with the wireless charger? I believe it's via bluetooth so I think it doesn't matter.
My car is scheduled for production for Week 21 and there is no mention of cancellation of enhanced bluetooth and/or wireless charger. I already got a VIN assigned.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #35
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coder77 View Post
My car is scheduled for production for Week 21 and there is no mention of cancellation of enhanced bluetooth and/or wireless charger. I already got a VIN assigned.
Appreciate the info. Mine is scheduled for Week 23, so hopefully nothing changes.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 05:31 PM   #36
racingrnyc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coder77 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, which model is yours and when did you get your VIN? Mine is an m50i and also supposed to be week 21 production but I still don't have a VIN.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 05:58 PM   #37
cggizmo
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

I have an X5 45e with BW 21 in "scheduled for production". Talking to this BMW Genius rep today and he said BW 21, is when the vehicle is scheduled to finish. He said that most likely the actual production will start this week or early next week. BMW My Garage is often behind and he has seen status jump from "paint booth" to "Final Check" in a day. I find better luck getting through I/Hybrid Genius as there is hardly any wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #38
racingrnyc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cggizmo View Post
I have an X5 45e with BW 21 in "scheduled for production". Talking to this BMW Genius rep today and he said BW 21, is when the vehicle is scheduled to finish. He said that most likely the actual production will start this week or early next week. BMW My Garage is often behind and he has seen status jump from "paint booth" to "Final Check" in a day. I find better luck getting through I/Hybrid Genius as there is hardly any wait.
I spoke to a BMW Genius before and I was told similar things. On the other hand my CA keeps telling me that I should expect a delay (I guess I just don't like to hear bad news) Finishing production in W21 probably does mean I should have a VIN soon - do you have yours yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #39
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe03h20 View Post
What "signal booster" ?
How do you know you have it?
If you have the charging tray then you have the signal booster.
Attached Images

05-13-2021, 06:53 PM   #40
cggizmo
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingrnyc View Post
I spoke to a BMW Genius before and I was told similar things. On the other hand my CA keeps telling me that I should expect a delay (I guess I just don't like to hear bad news) Finishing production in W21 probably does mean I should have a VIN soon - do you have yours yet?
No VIN for me yet as the status is in "scheduled for production". Hoping it'll move to "production started" the next few days and VIN assigned next week or so.. fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 07:11 PM   #41
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
If you have the charging tray then you have the signal booster.
Thanks. Read that before. Read also about the associated PITA registering it. How’s yours? Any luck?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 07:16 PM   #42
racingrnyc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cggizmo View Post
No VIN for me yet as the status is in "scheduled for production". Hoping it'll move to "production started" the next few days and VIN assigned next week or so.. fingers crossed.
Yea same here - fingers crossed. Spoke to Genius an hour-ish ago, he said if I don't get a VIN by next Thursday I should then probably get worried.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 07:24 PM   #43
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe03h20 View Post
Thanks. Read that before. Read also about the associated PITA registering it. How’s yours? Any luck?
I wasn't going to register it but ended up doing it more out of curiosity to see what the process was. I did notice a difference using it in a few areas where coverage was thin. I usually don't have mine in the tray so it really doesn't come into play.
      05-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #44
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I wasn't going to register it but ended up doing it more out of curiosity to see what the process was. I did notice a difference using it in a few areas where coverage was thin. I usually don't have mine in the tray so it really doesn't come into play.
Thanks. I did ask about this when i picked up the car two weeks ago. The guy said “this is not worth it”. I did not even ask if i had it in my truck.
I guess this is another gimmick as these “gestures” is. Turned it off day one.
Appreciate 0