MIA_F80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Yas Marina

Secondary downpipes install

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hours needed to install secondary Downpipes only for F95?

Anyone has done it? How many hours were you charged for labor?

Any feedback is appreciated.
      09-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #2
rix5m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_F80 View Post
Hours needed to install secondary Downpipes only for F95?

Anyone has done it? How many hours were you charged for labor?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Following
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 07:40 PM   #3
arlind94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5M

I think it took my guy like 3-4 hours.

Forgot what I was charged, but something like 300-400.
Appreciate 1
MIA_F80303.50
      09-10-2022, 12:57 AM   #4
X5msurrey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5m competition

Got secondaries installed, took about 4 hours from a shop doing it.
Appreciate 1
MIA_F80303.50
      09-19-2022, 09:51 AM   #5
X5MC_LI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Had primary and secondary catless installed. All together took about 5 hrs. Paid around $500
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2022, 07:59 PM   #6
bellabimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F95

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MC_LI View Post
Had primary and secondary catless installed. All together took about 5 hrs. Paid around $500
Do you enjoy being full catless ?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 12:37 PM   #7
X5MC_LI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabimmer View Post
Quote:
Do you enjoy being full catless ?
I actually do.
The sound difference is amazing and the turbo spools is just fine music to my ears.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2022, 04:06 PM   #8
MIA_F80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Yas Marina

Got around to installing the secondary last week and loving the change. Def still want more sound though down the line.
      09-26-2022, 11:41 PM   #9
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_F80 View Post
Got around to installing the secondary last week and loving the change. Def still want more sound though down the line.
Dinan just released their exhaust system. Only axle back for now the x pipe and full system is releasing soon.
      06-22-2023, 11:25 PM   #10
ipayincash
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5Mc

Quote:
I actually do.
The sound difference is amazing and the turbo spools is just fine music to my ears.
How did you fix the CEL issue if you don't mind me asking ?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 08:05 AM   #11
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997 911, F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayincash View Post
How did you fix the CEL issue if you don't mind me asking ?
I don't know about him. However, I used a can-bus delete that LEIB Engineering sells. G-Power also sells a similar product. It does require wiring, but once installed it is seamless and no CEL will show for the primaries being deleted.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 05:28 AM   #12
ipayincash
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBeemed View Post
I don't know about him. However, I used a can-bus delete that LEIB Engineering sells. G-Power also sells a similar product. It does require wiring, but once installed it is seamless and no CEL will show for the primaries being deleted.
I see the part I believe, do you just order it from their website from Germany ?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 04:10 PM   #13
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayincash View Post
I see the part I believe, do you just order it from their website from Germany ?
If you are referring to the LEIB Engineering can bus delete, yes you can only order from them directly online.

I am not sure if the G power can bus can be ordered from within the USA or not.

From my experience, the LEIB Engineering module shipped out quickly on their end via DHL. However, customs on the east coast had it for nearly three weeks prior to releasing it to USPS for delivery. That was not the fault of LEIB.

As far as product packaging the LEIB Engineering module was done correctly and sufficient.

From an appearance standpoint the G Power unit does appear to be developed as a singular unit, whereas the LEIB Engineering is a two peice unit. However, the G Power unit is a few hundred dollars more. So you are indeed paying for that more streamline packaging of the unit. However, both units do the exact same thing.

Installation is on paper straight forward, however LEIB Engineering directions are not very informative and their images are extremely basic. However, I have a video that I have yet to post on the wiring. Basically it is re-pinning multiple pins @ the fuse box on the inner passenger side foot well.

I had some issues with the installation and unit however the customer service from LEIB was AMAZING and everything was resolved and I have had no further issues.

Whenever I actually have time from work to breath. I do plan on doing a write up on here in regards to Can-bus deletes to resolve the issue of the CEL regarding primary cat delete vs other more intrusive tuning or cat converter intimidators.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Appreciate 2
zztops327.50
      07-26-2023, 09:35 AM   #14
akoni210
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBeemed View Post
If you are referring to the LEIB Engineering can bus delete, yes you can only order from them directly online.

I am not sure if the G power can bus can be ordered from within the USA or not.

From my experience, the LEIB Engineering module shipped out quickly on their end via DHL. However, customs on the east coast had it for nearly three weeks prior to releasing it to USPS for delivery. That was not the fault of LEIB.

As far as product packaging the LEIB Engineering module was done correctly and sufficient.

From an appearance standpoint the G Power unit does appear to be developed as a singular unit, whereas the LEIB Engineering is a two peice unit. However, the G Power unit is a few hundred dollars more. So you are indeed paying for that more streamline packaging of the unit. However, both units do the exact same thing.

Installation is on paper straight forward, however LEIB Engineering directions are not very informative and their images are extremely basic. However, I have a video that I have yet to post on the wiring. Basically it is re-pinning multiple pins @ the fuse box on the inner passenger side foot well.

I had some issues with the installation and unit however the customer service from LEIB was AMAZING and everything was resolved and I have had no further issues.

Whenever I actually have time from work to breath. I do plan on doing a write up on here in regards to Can-bus deletes to resolve the issue of the CEL regarding primary cat delete vs other more intrusive tuning or cat converter intimidators.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
do you ever get around to that right up? I searched online, and found what I think is right, but I have no clue if this is the right item...

https://usd.r44performance.com/produ...opf-cat-errors
Appreciate 1
GotBeemed415.50
      07-26-2023, 08:12 PM   #15
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoni210 View Post
do you ever get around to that right up? I searched online, and found what I think is right, but I have no clue if this is the right item...

https://usd.r44performance.com/produ...opf-cat-errors
if you get the axel back plus the high flow X pipe middle section, does throw a CEL? this goes up to the primary catalytic converters, correct?

NO. Getting any "cat-back exhaust" WILL NOT THROW ANY FORM OF CEL WHATSOEVER. YOU DO NOT ANY FORM OF CAN-BUS MODULE. SIMPLY REMOVE STOCK EXHAUST AND REPLACE.

We should have a primary o2 and secondary o2... the primary would be on the down pipe, closet to the turbo...then the 2nd being at the CATS...so my assumption is the middle section would delete those causing the CEL

THERE IS A 02 SENSOR BEFORE AND AFTER THE PRIMARY CATALYTIC CONVERTER, WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE FIRST PORTION OF THE DOWNPIPE. THERE IS NOTHING MONITORING THE EXHAUST GAS AFTER THE SECONDARY CATALYTIC CONVERTER WHICH IS THE SECOND PART OF THE DOWNPIPE. THAT IS WHY YOU CAN ALSO ELIMINATE THE SECONDARY CATALYTIC CONVERTER WITHOUT A CAN-BUS MODULE.

Which one of these do you have? LEIB Engineering or G-Power make this module?

OK NOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT. UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER INSTALLING YOUR NEW SHINY CAT-BACK EXHAUST AND ELIMINATING THE SECONDARY CATALYTIC CONVERTER, THERE IS STILL THE PRIMARY CATALYTIC CONVERTER DIRECTLY AFTER THE TURBO. IF YOU REMOVE THIS, THE CAR WILL DETECT THE VEHICLE'S CATALYTIC CONVERTER IS NOT OPERATING AS IT SHOULD AND WILL THROW A HARMLESS CEL TO LET YOU KNOW. THE WAY YOU TRULY ELIMINATE THIS CEL IS BY EITHER SENDING THE DME OVERSEAS TO BE CUSTOM TUNED OR A CAN BUS MODULE. USING ANYTHING ELSE IS A CRAP SHOOT.

YOU CAN RUN EITHER THE LEIB OR THE GPOWER, BOTH WORK WITHOUT ISSUE.

https://www.leib-engineering.de/leib...bmw-x5m-f95-de
Appreciate 0