エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
...they should dump the other characters and just have you the morrigan going around doing stuff!
What kind of stuff would you have Morrigan doing?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #24
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
What kind of stuff would you have Morrigan doing?
Nothing legal.

I told my girlfriend to get a outfit like morrigan has.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #25
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Nothing legal.

I told my girlfriend to get a outfit like morrigan has.

I like where your head's at.

Alright fella's I'm off to bed. Gotta work in the am, wash my ride , and get some more of this game in tomorrow.

Later, oh and stay away from Gamefags btw....those little bastards like to spoil things on the message boards.
      11-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #26
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc57 View Post
I like where your head's at.

Alright fella's I'm off to bed. Gotta work in the am, wash my ride , and get some more of this game in tomorrow.

Later, oh and stay away from Gamefags btw....those little bastards like to spoil things on the message boards.

Ive got a bmwcca meeting tomorrow and am debating whether I should blow it off and play dragon age or not, lol?

And I try to stay off gamefaqs as much as possible. Little baby fanboys on there.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #27
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ive got a bmwcca meeting tomorrow and am debating whether I should blow it off and play dragon age or not, lol?

And I try to stay off gamefaqs as much as possible. Little baby fanboys on there.
Blow it off.....

And no worries about gamefaqs man, just watch out for all the FF fanboys.

They've actually got some good info on there.

I've got the guide btw (yeah....I know) so if you guys need to know anything specific ask away and I'll get back with ya.

I'm out for good this time, it's getting late.

Peace.
      11-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #28
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Does the guide tell you about the branching paths in the quests? I might go to bestbuy and read some of the guide without buying it, lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #29
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Does the guide tell you about the branching paths in the quests? I might go to bestbuy and read some of the guide without buying it, lol.

It vaguely does. For instance it will tell you what/who you can side with and what the outcome/rewards are.

But it can be kind of confusing. It really doesn't explain how it will impact the games endings or the game itself as a whole, but it let's you know what your options are.

The maps are nice, and it tells you where chests/codex's, etc are located. Sidequests are located in the back, but some of the descriptions are pretty basic.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty decent guide, plus I like it for bathroom reading material.
      11-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #30
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc57 View Post
It vaguely does. For instance it will tell you what/who you can side with and what the outcome/rewards are.

But it can be kind of confusing. It really doesn't explain how it will impact the games endings or the game itself as a whole, but it let's you know what your options are.

The maps are nice, and it tells you where chests/codex's, etc are located. Sidequests are located in the back, but some of the descriptions are pretty basic.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty decent guide, plus I like it for bathroom reading material.
Well its good that it doesnt give away too much. I might get the guide, so that when I make a choice I can see what the other outcomes were, since I wont be playing through a second time, at least for a while.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #31
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

My roomy bought the game the other night. He enjoys it and it looks fun (as I've been watching) but he says it'd be better on PC so he'd have multiple objects without having to cycle through everything on the controller.

Multiple characters with different stories base on who you choose. Seems customizable (at least my roomy has a funky red beard he said 'he chose').
      11-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #32
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
My roomy bought the game the other night. He enjoys it and it looks fun (as I've been watching) but he says it'd be better on PC so he'd have multiple objects without having to cycle through everything on the controller.

Multiple characters with different stories base on who you choose. Seems customizable (at least my roomy has a funky red beard he said 'he chose').
My bro picked to play as a dwarf which I thought was crazy. Never seen anybody play with a red beard though, lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #33
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
My bro picked to play as a dwarf which I thought was crazy. Never seen anybody play with a red beard though, lol.
It's more of a red quad-beard. Hideous imo. Hell, if you've got a flaming red beard, why not braid it into two halves? No, not near cool enough. Braid it into four quarters. Ah, success.
      11-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #34
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
It's more of a red quad-beard. Hideous imo. Hell, if you've got a flaming red beard, why not braid it into two halves? No, not near cool enough. Braid it into four quarters. Ah, success.
lol, ive never understood why certain gamers make crazy looking characters. I dont always try to make them look like me, but I do try and make them look normal.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #35
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
This game is very much like KotOR, and if you didn't like KotOR or Jade Empire, this game is not for you. It's somewhat not for me...as I didn't like KotOR 1, but I liked 2, and only played Jade Empire for 10 minutes before I lost interest.

All of the flaws that were in KotOR are in DA:Origins. Aside from being too chatty for me, the combat has an element of luck that can REALLY determine if you win or lose. Mages are OP, and you will find Morrigan your best friend to help with the damage.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*

I haven't played the game through yet, but I'm speculating Flemmeth to be the Archdemon/dragon. Don't correct me if this is wrong/right, just a hunch.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #36
JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Whoever designed the spell "Walking Bomb" deserves a medal. For serious.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #37
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

I've heard alot of good things about this game from my friends. I will definitely be torrenting it when I get home tonight. From what I hear, the warrior is nearly impossible to play and mages are OP as hell.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #38
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

do not like. not saying it's a bad game but i don't like the style. played it 5 minutes and turned it off. Somebody had a good point that the style is like KOTOR 1 and not 2. I like the KOTOR 2 setup much better.
The way over the top just seems weird to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #39
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
do not like. not saying it's a bad game but i don't like the style. played it 5 minutes and turned it off. Somebody had a good point that the style is like KOTOR 1 and not 2. I like the KOTOR 2 setup much better.
The way over the top just seems weird to me.
Hm... I want to try this game but I couldn't get into KOTOR 1. Never played 2. Well, it's not like I won't torrent this to try. So KOTOR 2 was better than 1? Too bad I missed out.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #40
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Knights 2 made me feel like I was more in the action. The game play of Dragon Age makes me feel removed from the action.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:19 AM   #41
rogermood
Registered
Rep
Drives: ford

I bougth this game and its excellent port. Hugely improve controls in this game. It is a best version then any other version with high graphics. It is really fantastic game. I think every body should play this game if they like to play game. I really enjoyed it.
      12-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #42
Ron1n
Speed Demon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
2021 M5 Competition  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
2009 E93 M3  [10.00]
2010 335d  [9.50]
My biggest problem is the length. I've put probably 30 hours into it, and I'm maybe 25% through.

Current: '21 M5C, '15 X6 50i Previous: '18 M550i, '16 550i, '11 335is, '09 E93 M3 DCT, '10 E90 335d, '07 E90 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #43
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I've played through the game twice now, once as a Human Noble Warrior, and the second time as a Elf (Alienage) Rogue. The first time I played through on Normal, the second time on hard.

It's interesting how the two classes are quite different from each other. I actually liked using the Human Noble a lot for the influence he has at the end in the tavern where the other Human Nobles are. Making good choices there really changed the Landsend Meet.

I never really liked ranged classes, and I played as a melee rogue. I found the game easier (although it was a learning experience the first time), playing as a Rogue. Being able to lock pick and steal made making money much easier; and finding stronger weapons/armor through lockpicking or having a high coercion/cunning was extremely useful.

However, there were some instances (trying not to give spoilers) where the Warriors higher Constitution and multiple abilities to stun made single character areas much easier. Being able to use Taunt/Threaten helped keep NPC's alive easier (such as the battles at Redcliffe, the Mayor (forgot his name, Ser Perth, and others). Overall, I'd actually say the Warrior is the better class, since he can control the enemies focus more, pulling them off your mage after (s)he did mass damage to multiple enemies getting their attention.

Are mages over powered? They can be...with their ability to stun, control, instant high damage abilities. One of my favorite tactics was pressing H to hold position on all characters, taking control of the mage, opening a door but not aggro'ing anything (open from out of view). Then casting Blizzard. Another tactic for multiple enemies was to have melee characters stand at a door, leaving a little room to get Cone of Cold or something through, only hitting the enemies. With either tactic, I enjoyed using Sleep (instant cast) followed by Waking Nightmare; damages enemies and causes them to sometimes fight for you, instead of against you. However powerful mages are (Grimlock Emissary anyone?), you can take them out pretty quick with a Rogue using Dirty Fighting and backstabs; or a mage of your own with Affliction Hex followed by whatever damage spells you have.

My Rogue had access to more things than my Warrior did since I unlocked specializations. I made the Rogue a Ranger and a Duelist. My Warrior was a Champion and a Templar. Templar's have great anti-magic abilities, but the cooldown seems too long. Having 2 Templars works really well though (Alistair + MC).

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and wouldn't mind a 3rd time as a Dwarf Noble Warrior, maybe a Human Mage, or a Dwarf Commoner Rogue. Maybe a Dalish Elf?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #44
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I beat the game once, as a elf........on easy, lol. I spammed cone of cold and blizzard and had zero trouble.

The story is just too cliche for me. One man destined to save the world, blah blah, thats literally the oldest story in the world. Overall it did not make me feel like I was playing baldurs gate, but felt like a console rpg. I played it, and moved on.
Appreciate 0