BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #89
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Nm should be dropped. It was an observation as to an answer that included it for no reason.

Antych still never gave the answer to the original question yet.

Yes the answer is in the formula. But he was asking something similar to why is some water hot and some cold. The answer is one has more heat in it. Not a discussion about Kelvin vs Fahrenheit or Celsius, or how much is needed of each to generate a specific temperature...The only thing necessary to answer the op original question was some engines make power earlier and some later in the torque curve. Done.

The Aussie system is different from the USA and Euro system, and pretty much everyone else. No reason they shouldn't adopt a standard that is largely used throughout the would except to be different and stubborn. Unless its the Brits being stubborn because I've only compared Brit to US to Aussie.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 05-03-2017 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #90
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Nm should be dropped. It was an observation as to an answer that included it for no reason.
Not according to the SAE (or the rest of the world). You're of course entitled to your own opinion but it isnt shared with the majority of people or experts.
Nm is a very much adopted system and its really easy to calculate with. And as an engineer I really benefit from that specific aspect. It makes things so much easier, which pretty much goes for all units from the metric system.
When possible I also prefer kW instead of Hp, because from a mathematical/physical pov thats also much easier and that will go on in the future as electrification of cars continue. No batterypack energy capacity is quantified in HPh (horsepower hour) but always in kWh (kilowatt hour). (as an engineer I would even prefer MJ as unit)
Here in europe its also standard to put the power output of an engine in kW on the vehicle registration and not in Hp.

Quote:
The Aussie system is different from the USA and Euro system, and pretty much everyone else.
Then what is the 'aussie system' exactly?
I cant find anything about it on google.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
rainfall161.50
      05-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #91
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Ok then its Brit hp that needs to go. Figures. They're stubborn about everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 05:55 AM   #92
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post

Antych still never gave the answer to the original question yet.
The question was answered multiple times, with plenty of examples and analogies. Just because you're too stupid to understand the answer, doesn't mean it wasn't.
Appreciate 1
rainfall161.50
      05-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #93
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Lol! If you were wealthy you would likely have the best of everything without knowing exactly how it works. Forget HP vs Torque, I'd bet you 9 out of 10 car owners couldn't even explain the basics like how to pick the right motor oil for their car or what type / size motor their car has without looking.
This is true...however, I wouldn't be on the B&O (insert any high end audio equipment maker, I don't give a shit which is the best) forum asking questions like 'why is this frequency higher than this one...' blah, blah, blah...just make sure sound comes out of the speakers...

OP = TROLL

Appreciate 1
mbanks211267.50
      05-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #94
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

If I was very wealthy I'd still like to know certain things about physical aspects of cars. I guess its part of being naturally inquisitive.

Remember, with a shitload of money you can buy all sorts of things. But you wont know all sorts of things. You cant buy knowledge/intelligence with money.
I'd rather be smart and rich than dumb and rich. Especially if its family money and you havent earned it.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 09:02 AM   #95
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Not knowing stuff is ok. Not everyone has access to the same quality education, or is smart enough to learn and understand more advanced concepts, or just doesn't care. But it's embarrassing to act like an expert on combustion engines while failing at primary school maths and physics, or basic logic.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
rainfall161.50