BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-27-2023, 08:32 PM   #1
goobies818
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Not Again! (Drive recorder saves the day once again)

Well, unfortunate luck strikes again. This time an impatient Jeep Wrangler driver switched across four lanes of traffic on the 5 freeway in Anaheim, with my X5 having occoupied the 4th lane...and wham-o.

I got a lovely imprint of her rotating wheel from my front fender all the way through both driver side doors.

Thankfully, i was able to manually trigger the driver recorder to upload as part of my insurance claim....and the car has already been dropped off at a BMW CCRC to get the work started. And favorably, both insurance companies agree i was 0% at fault

This follows my January incident where I was rear-ended by a lifted Silverado in bumper to bumper traffic and i guess that dude was distracted for a moment as he love tapped me at about 3 mph...but caused 10K in damages.

Most importantly, everyone in all vehicles were fine...(wife and kid were shaken up) and everyone handled the situation well (pictures taken and info exchanged and everyone went on their way in about 5-10 mins)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 08:48 PM   #2
DevoBMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 xDrive50e

That sucks....at least no one was injured and the car is off to be repaired.
Appreciate 0