BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-04-2024, 09:59 AM   #23
mscot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmvjm View Post
I love these humourous posts. Self-entitled owner expects BMW to meet unattainable expectations. Dude, why don't you just start your own car company to meet your nebulous expectations? First world problems.
And why dont you gfy?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:12 AM   #24
mscot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvivam View Post
mscot

Thanks for putting this up. This definitely lends some good perspective to others who would like to procure a new X5. Here are my thoughts on the concerns that you have pointed out.
Replies in blue

1. <rvivam> I loved the HK straight out of the box. I did some EQ tweaking on Treble and Bass but nothing very specific. Also, Im not a bass head .. so did not bump the bass too high & hence cant comment on the quality with high bass. Will check it out sometime and see. Also, when you actually customize the vehicle, the BW upgrade is available (Back in Dec 23) Not sure if they have taken it out.. If so, then it's insane.

MS: BW was never an option for the 50e leading up to when I ordered it and it isn't right now either.
I've adjusted the EQ settings. I've looked all over this forum and reddit and tried other's settings. It's just not a high quality system. I'm glad it serves your purpose tho.

3. The lack of acoustic glass on all windows is very noticeable. Again, this should not be an issue on a luxury car when its a standard feature on many cars priced for considerably less.
<rvivam> Did not experience this in city driving. Yet to take it on a long haul.

MS: I dont notice it so much around town. I notice it on the highways. Also, Colorado roads suck.

7. The back up assist is available inconsistently even when I'm backing out of my own garage.
<rvivam> working fine for me till now.

MS: That's interesting. I'll eventually take it in to have comfort access looked at and have them check this out as well. So you're saying its available every single time you put the car into reverse?

12. There's a bit too much dependency on the touch screen where a few more buttons would have been a nice compromise.
<rvivam> I think its a matter of getting used to. However, some of the menu items are 2-3 sub-levels deep that requires quite some fidgeting with the touch screen. Hopefully, the voice control could help here to make it quicker.

13. Widgets on the home screen should be customizable.
<rvivam> Wasn't a concern for me. But an additional customization is always welcome.

MS: For 12 and 13 I'm being picky but hey they ask what I would like to see improved so might as well say it.
Appreciate 1
13 NF135.50