BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-12-2022, 02:17 PM   #1
Belnir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5 - sapphire black

2019 X5 40i tune

First off, m and v8 owners, theres no disputing your penis is much bigger and nicer.

Having said that, i have a 2019 x5 with 31k miles and I love the car and the engine. Its my second b58 and i don’t miss my m5’s s63tu because 90 percent of my driving is city and i don't really need 575hp to drive my kid around.

I want to get into tuning this b58 and would like to hear what other tuned 40i x5 owners have to say. What tunes you liked. What worked and didn't work for you, and if you can recommend a tuner in the nyc area.
Appreciate 4
QM287.00
floop20.00
CamasM3e933162.50
      02-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #2
absolut257
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 x40i M Sport

I'm with you on that one, having had some decently fast sedands in the past and just recently selling my 21 Porsche Cayenne Turbo for my X5 X40i, this is the perfect balance for daily driver SUV to haul kids in. As far as tuning goes from what I researched BMW has locked down the ECUs on last gen (2019+?) vehicles so that's probably why you're not seeing any flash options, just piggybacks. Otherwise b58tu is a beast of a platform for tuning and upgrading turbos on.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 10:06 PM   #3
alabesky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut257 View Post
I'm with you on that one, having had some decently fast sedands in the past and just recently selling my 21 Porsche Cayenne Turbo for my X5 X40i, this is the perfect balance for daily driver SUV to haul kids in. As far as tuning goes from what I researched BMW has locked down the ECUs on last gen (2019+?) vehicles so that's probably why you're not seeing any flash options, just piggybacks. Otherwise b58tu is a beast of a platform for tuning and upgrading turbos on.
What caused you to sell the cayenne for the x5?
I was thinking about trading in for a cayenne recently.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 08:48 AM   #4
absolut257
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 x40i M Sport

Initially it was the price, I got my X5 for basically half of what my new Cayenne cost. Yes the Cayenne was fast but really nothing special when comparing to fast cars/sedans and after a view months I realized I'm just not using/appreciating its added power on a daily basis (and I better not with kids seats in the back) so what's the point? When I actually received the vehicle I was surprised to learn that the X5 M Sport on 20" wheels actually rode even softer than my Cayenne Turbo did on 21" with Air Suspension. Plus X5 has Android Auto which Cayenne does not, so overall I think it makes a more comfortable daily driver with a better gas mileage.

In addition, my brand new Cayenne had a couple of annoying issues with rear tailgate rattling (that i finally fixed after dealer tried 2 times unsuccessfully) and squeaky rear brakes. So the better build quality in my case goes to BMW, 0 issues with it.

Last edited by absolut257; 02-13-2022 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 01:28 PM   #5
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belnir View Post
First off, m and v8 owners, theres no disputing your penis is much bigger and nicer.

Having said that, i have a 2019 x5 with 31k miles and I love the car and the engine. Its my second b58 and i don’t miss my m5’s s63tu because 90 percent of my driving is city and i don't really need 575hp to drive my kid around.

I want to get into tuning this b58 and would like to hear what other tuned 40i x5 owners have to say. What tunes you liked. What worked and didn't work for you, and if you can recommend a tuner in the nyc area.
I have my 40i tuned with JB4 along with full exhaust, catless dp, and intake.
      02-14-2022, 01:26 AM   #6
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineG05 View Post
Quote:

Having said that, i have a 2019 x5 with 31k miles and I love the car and the engine. Its my second b58 and i don't miss my m5's s63tu because 90 percent of my driving is city and i don't really need 575hp to drive my kid around.

Can you detail from where did you get all the mentioned parts and how much did everything cost you? Also any drone in the car from the cat delete?

Also, do you remove the jb4 before sending your car into the service at the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:38 PM   #7
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Having said that, i have a 2019 x5 with 31k miles and I love the car and the engine. Its my second b58 and i don't miss my m5's s63tu because 90 percent of my driving is city and i don't really need 575hp to drive my kid around.

Can you detail from where did you get all the mentioned parts and how much did everything cost you? Also any drone in the car from the cat delete?

Also, do you remove the jb4 before sending your car into the service at the dealer?
Jb4 ($600) from burgertuning.com
BMS intake (200?) also from burgertuning
CTS catless dp (300) from ctsturbo.com
BMW M performance exhaust (3k) bmwpartspros.com

No drone whatsoever. The car sounds great.

I'll probably just uninstalled JB4 for anything routine, but warranty work will go back to stock other than exhaust.
      02-20-2022, 06:04 AM   #8
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Jb4 ($600) from burgertuning.com
BMS intake (200?) also from burgertuning
CTS catless dp (300) from ctsturbo.com
BMW M performance exhaust (3k) bmwpartspros.com

No drone whatsoever. The car sounds great.

I'll probably just uninstalled JB4 for anything routine, but warranty work will go back to stock other than exhaust.
I apologize if this has already been covered-

Any idea exactly how much faster you are now with that tune? 0-60?
Appreciate 0