BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-01-2021, 04:46 AM   #23
alix london
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Garage List
2021 bmx x5 45e  [0.00]
in UK trouble is now there is no wireless charging or HK audio now - my loaded '21 x5 45e build is pending BUT they've just told me i have to downgrade to standard audio or spend another £3,200 on a BW WTF
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 07:13 AM   #24
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by alix london View Post
in UK trouble is now there is no wireless charging or HK audio now - my loaded '21 x5 45e build is pending BUT they've just told me i have to downgrade to standard audio or spend another £3,200 on a BW WTF
I was in the same predicament, but it begs the question on how there are no HK availability but it appears that there is no shortage of the far more expensive B&W?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 07:26 AM   #25
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330dMSXD View Post
I was in the same predicament, but it begs the question on how there are no HK availability but it appears that there is no shortage of the far more expensive B&W?
to me it makes perfect sense given that HK has been optioned in builds at a much higher rate than the significantly more expensive B&W system. even now we hear folks still rejecting B&W over the standard HiFi system likely cuz folks can't justify its high cost, or it's simply not in their budget.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #26
HouseMD
Private
Rep
Drives: G05

I was in the market for a starter car for our kids to share so we were at the local Ford dealer. He said that they normally receive an allocation of ~100 cars and they've been told they won't get any until at least August. He expects that they won't have anything new on the lot in the next few weeks. He also told me that Ford is renting space just to store partially completed vehicles until they get the parts.

Because of this, their used car inventory was very low and the prices were very high. They gave me about 3x what I was expecting for my 2012 Focus (fully loaded but some bumper damage and lots of dings).

Crazy times. Glad I got my 2020 M50i last year!
Appreciate 0