BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-19-2023, 03:47 AM   #1
Milvic
Rep
Drives: G05 50e MSport

G05 50e Missing Ordered Option on Deliver

I am in a tricky situation and need some specific advise if possible. I have read similar situations but mine may be slightly unique.

I speced a G05 50e MSport Pro in Black Sapphire with extended black merino comfort plus with M sport seats and tech pack plus with digital live cockpit pro LED skylounge pan roof and with the 21" Ys.

Vehicle was delivered on the 14th Dec. it has all the spec ordered but on the Tech pack plus it only has the tech pack with digital live cockpit not the plus with the added functionality assisted self driving 360 cams and remote parking etc etc.

All parties involved have agreed it was a build error.

Option1
Retro fit the kit .............. only from MY consumer perspective its wing mirrors with cameras new steering wheel with the options and 360 button near the PDC. As it already has most of the hardware having the Tech pack front/rear cams HUD rador sensors lane warning cameras etc
Question does anyone know if this is possible as I called 2 dealers and have had a yes and a no. Seems its who you speak to at the dealer no real tech info!

Option2
Dealer to order a new vehicle

I am hoping for the retrofit as this car was ordered in July Delivered in Dec. While our new baby came in mid Nov I cannot stay without a car. for. 6 months unless they provide an interim vehicle but starts to complicate costs etc

I have never been in this situation and even dealers are not sure on how to proceed at the moment awaiting feedback later today.

Thanks for your insites.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 06:46 AM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Sorry to hear about this but congratulations on your new baby. I would go for a reorder with the understanding that they will give you a comparable vehicle while waiting for little to no cost.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
      12-19-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
matowi
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 X5 M60i  [0.00]
I would investigate the retrofit option with both dealers to understand why one said yes and the other said no. Have them walk you through what’s involved in the procedure

If there’s any wiring to be added to the car or a removal of the dash from the vehicle - I would say no and ask for a reorder

If it’s only changing the steering wheel, some coding and adding hardware to be connected to already existing wires, then it’s much less risk

Point is: if you feel anything substantially complex is going to be done to your car - walk away and ask for reorder plus a loaner car (either way the dealer should compensate you for your lost time waiting for the card to be built)

Had: '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 1
X3_Alaska142.00
      12-19-2023, 10:38 PM   #4
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milvic View Post
I am in a tricky situation and need some specific advise if possible. I have read similar situations but mine may be slightly unique.

I speced a G05 50e MSport Pro in Black Sapphire with extended black merino comfort plus with M sport seats and tech pack plus with digital live cockpit pro LED skylounge pan roof and with the 21" Ys.

Vehicle was delivered on the 14th Dec. it has all the spec ordered but on the Tech pack plus it only has the tech pack with digital live cockpit not the plus with the added functionality assisted self driving 360 cams and remote parking etc etc.

All parties involved have agreed it was a build error.

Option1
Retro fit the kit .............. only from MY consumer perspective its wing mirrors with cameras new steering wheel with the options and 360 button near the PDC. As it already has most of the hardware having the Tech pack front/rear cams HUD rador sensors lane warning cameras etc
Question does anyone know if this is possible as I called 2 dealers and have had a yes and a no. Seems its who you speak to at the dealer no real tech info!

Option2
Dealer to order a new vehicle

I am hoping for the retrofit as this car was ordered in July Delivered in Dec. While our new baby came in mid Nov I cannot stay without a car. for. 6 months unless they provide an interim vehicle but starts to complicate costs etc

I have never been in this situation and even dealers are not sure on how to proceed at the moment awaiting feedback later today.

Thanks for your insites.
Unless the UK is somehow different, which I doubt. There is no retrofit available.

Ask the dealer that said retrofit is possible to print out the retrofit SIB instructions.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 08:00 AM   #5
Milvic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Unless the UK is somehow different, which I doubt. There is no retrofit available.

Ask the dealer that said retrofit is possible to print out the retrofit SIB instructions.
I have confirmation from BMW a retrofit is not possible. A new car will be ordered and a different vehicle provided as temp cover until the new one is delivered with the correct spec.

To close off the situation a compensation for the stress over the last 7 days and they come collect the vehicle. Seems to be the option.

Thanks for the advise.

Its another long wait after having a brief taste of what is a brilliant car.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 03:37 AM   #6
Milvic
Rep

Update

I am still in the 50e that was delivered new one ordered and estimated delivery is May 24. One thing is this car is so brilliant but the Tech plus options is definitely missed so it was the correct decision to reject the car. I will update once all confirmed and resolved. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
Cityman181.00