BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-23-2023, 08:44 PM   #1
cttrader
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Dealer giving the run-around before pickup

I ordered an X5 through an out of state dealer. This was through a broker an I got a really good deal. It was built and delivered to the dealer earlier this week. However since then the CA I've been working with has been giving me the run around.

My plan is to personally travel to the dealership and drive the car back. However every time I ask when I can pickup the car she keeps saying they are working on it, preparing paperwork etc. They have not even sent me the wiring details to send them the down payment despite asking for it numerous times.

I was hoping to pickup the car today before the holidays, however I never received the paperwork despite being told she will definitely send it today.

This is one of the top rated dealerships in Mississippi. I paid a $1000 deposit at the time I placed the order. What should I make of this? Am I overthinking this or is there something I should be concerned about? The car was delivered to them Wednesday and I feel like the CA hasn't been transparent in what's going on.

Hard to keep waiting with no concrete answers as to what is going on knowing the car has been at the dealership for a few days now.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 09:06 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum. We have seen this happen with a few folks this weeks. At this point I guess we just have to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are busy and incompetent. There have been some cases in the past where the dealer decided to sell the vehicle to someone else but have not heard of that happening lately. Hopefully on Tuesday you will be able to get the info you need and arrange pickup. Let us know how things turn out.
      01-07-2024, 03:46 PM   #3
Cityman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Garage List
Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 06:04 PM   #4
GrokuE7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited

Garage List
2021 BMW X6  [0.00]
First off, I would like to say I'm sorry you're having or had such a difficult time with the dealership. I did the same deal in '21 with a broker and a top-rated BMW dealership from Mississippi. I can't help but think it's the same dealer. I had a very good experience with the dealership and the broker. I had mine shipped from the Mississippi dealership to Texas.

My experience was soon as I was approved they sent me all the links via text msg for deposit and email to review and sign paperwork. When my vehicle arrived at the dealer, they sent me a video of it and it was on a transport in two days.

Honestly, there shouldn't be any "preparing paperwork". Everything can be done via email and txt msgs. The only they should be doing is prepping your car for delivery. Seems like a lot has changes in 3 years. Hopefully, they got you all squared away. Give us an update please.
      01-29-2024, 07:29 PM   #5
cttrader
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Latest update on this. I picked up the car on 12/26. After a lot of back and forth I just drove there with a cashiers check for the deposit and was able to pick up the car.

However the dealership has failed to register the car within 30 days and now there's a penalty payable for late registration.

The dealership called me today and said they miscalculated the taxes and asked me to pay the difference. But I calculated the taxes and what I paid is correct. The amount they are asking me to pay is exactly the same as what the penalty is for late registration.

I asked for a copy of the registration paperwork sent to Georgia but they were not willing to send it to me. The person I spoke to said he has to check with the manager.

So at this point what are my options? I think the dealership should the penalty if any since they are the one who screwed up. Can I complain to BMW corporate or some other agency?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 08:29 AM   #6
Pottscb
Rep
Drives: 2023 Toyota Highlander hybrid

Bum dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttrader View Post
Latest update on this. I picked up the car on 12/26. After a lot of back and forth I just drove there with a cashiers check for the deposit and was able to pick up the car.

However the dealership has failed to register the car within 30 days and now there's a penalty payable for late registration.

The dealership called me today and said they miscalculated the taxes and asked me to pay the difference. But I calculated the taxes and what I paid is correct. The amount they are asking me to pay is exactly the same as what the penalty is for late registration.

I asked for a copy of the registration paperwork sent to Georgia but they were not willing to send it to me. The person I spoke to said he has to check with the manager.

So at this point what are my options? I think the dealership should the penalty if any since they are the one who screwed up. Can I complain to BMW corporate or some other agency?
Try that first, if no satisfaction, try BBB and leave negative reviews on Google with details so they know who/what….many times this negative press will prompt more response than any email/VM.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 09:14 AM   #7
X6ix GTA
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttrader View Post

Have you spoken to someone higher up at the dealership? Perhaps, your sales advisor's manager. That should get the issue resolved if the folks are at least a bit reasonable. The delay is on them and they should eat the late registration fee.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 04:29 PM   #8
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Go direct with the Financial Manager, if not done already. He/She should be able to address this simple issue.
Appreciate 0