mhmmX571.50
      05-05-2022, 06:44 PM   #2
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Saw it on Ali
I think its like $120 was going to order it next week

Edit: it was $120 like 2 days ago, now its $85 with $6 shipping and $5 tax... all in for $95 for me...jist placed the order.

Last edited by elite-fusion; 05-05-2022 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 07:03 PM   #3
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Here is another cool item, but cant justify the price. Have not seen it from any other seller either unfortunately...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKXIpHY
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 08:10 PM   #4
Hassanf15
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 x35i

Looks awesome!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 06:45 AM   #5
Greg876
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
2022 bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-fusion View Post
Saw it on Ali
I think its like $120 was going to order it next week

Edit: it was $120 like 2 days ago, now its $85 with $6 shipping and $5 tax... all in for $95 for me...jist placed the order.
Share the link please
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 07:00 AM   #6
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg876 View Post
Share the link please
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...737f1802Uwrjuu
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 02:55 PM   #7
wendyp
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr001 View Post
Looks dope -thanks for sharing. I have a G05 with Sky Lounge so kind of getting this effect, but may want to add to it anyway.

Do you know if there are any other ambient-integrated lights available outside of the "angel reading lights" which I'm not a huge fan of?
Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00
      05-11-2022, 03:07 PM   #8
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
Looks dope -thanks for sharing. I have a G05 with Sky Lounge so kind of getting this effect, but may want to add to it anyway.

Do you know if there are any other ambient-integrated lights available outside of the "angel reading lights" which I'm not a huge fan of?
not ATM, but if I see something i'll post it here
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 09:13 PM   #9
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 g05

Can somone post a video of how to install this if anyone getting this done soon? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 12:26 PM   #10
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Just completed. Took about an hour to install. Fairly easy and straightforward. Only complaint or issue was running the wire plug to the edge of the headliner and had to run it on top of the airbag instead of under because I was too scared to route it under and pull the airbag by accident and it then deploys... so it is on top of the airbag running all the way down to the dash area side under the door weatherstrip lip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Burr0013251.00
      05-23-2022, 01:27 PM   #11
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Just completed. Took about an hour to install. Fairly easy and straightforward. Only complaint or issue was running the wire plug to the edge of the headliner and had to run it on top of the airbag instead of under because I was too scared to route it under and pull the airbag by accident and it then deploys... so it is on top of the airbag running all the way down to the dash area side under the door weatherstrip lip.
I plan on doing this next weekend. How long would it take and where do you get the power from? Where did you run the wire from the sunroof down to the power source? Any videos or photos of step by step instructions that you took?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 09:09 PM   #12
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
I plan on doing this next weekend. How long would it take and where do you get the power from? Where did you run the wire from the sunroof down to the power source? Any videos or photos of step by step instructions that you took?
Took about an hour to install, fairly straight forward for the most part.
Followed all instructions from OP post to the X3 thread
I removed the sun visors too, but that was not needed, just pull the microphone out (right side of each mic with a trim removal tool), two flat head screwdrivers for the "oh shit" handles. use the same trim removal tool to wedge it in between the pano roof and headliner to put the strip in between.

My strips were LONG, I guess mainly to accomodate the X7 extra length maybe, not sure, but they were long, so I shoved the excess to the back. I lined up the front of the strip with the little plastic curve up front. The wire portion of the front was wedged in a whole which was them located with my fingers through the mic cutout. Once the connector is out of the mic hole, connect the long extension wire and route it through the groove in the headliner. pull back the headliner by lifting the lip of the weather strip (i did not take off the weatherstrip as it would not budge). I pulled down the headliner (with a bit of force) and guided the wire from the mic hole to the pulled back area of the headliner via the groove in it. I routed the wire on in front of the airbag as I was scared to do it underneath since I did not want to pull the airbag at all and possibly trip it (that would have been a very bad oops moment). then guided the wire down the lip of the weatherstriping all the way down to the dash side panel. Popped the panel of and guided the wire through the inside down to the footwell cover. Popped the cover off. Popped the footwell light off. Disconnected the footwell connector and plugged it into the supplied splitter. One end of the splitter (black plug) goes back into the footwell light while the other (white) plug goes into the extension which was pulled down from the roof. Pop the footwell light back in. Pop the footwell cover back in. One side completed. Repeat on the other side.

The back end connector of the strip itself, I just tucked that into the headliner as well. Used the same trim removal tool to wedge it in between the back of the pano and headliner and was able to get the wire and plug in there.

Hope the above helps.
If anything, post on here during the weekend and I'll try to answer as I can.

I would say the "hardest" part was to get the strip to stick out ever so slightly in order to get a better visual effect of the light and not be tucked into the headliner too deep. so I used my nails (there is a tiny groove along the strip) to pull it back out just a mm or two so that when you look straight up from under the headliner when looking up, you can actually see a mm of the strip. That way it appears to be brighter (i think) then if it were tucked/pushed in deeper along the pano.
Appreciate 1
Greg87611.00
      05-24-2022, 09:52 AM   #13
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
When you install this, could you do a video of how to fish wire through?? I just ordered it. It will take a while to come.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #14
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Took about an hour to install, fairly straight forward for the most part.
Followed all instructions from OP post to the X3 thread
I removed the sun visors too, but that was not needed, just pull the microphone out (right side of each mic with a trim removal tool), two flat head screwdrivers for the "oh shit" handles. use the same trim removal tool to wedge it in between the pano roof and headliner to put the strip in between.

My strips were LONG, I guess mainly to accomodate the X7 extra length maybe, not sure, but they were long, so I shoved the excess to the back. I lined up the front of the strip with the little plastic curve up front. The wire portion of the front was wedged in a whole which was them located with my fingers through the mic cutout. Once the connector is out of the mic hole, connect the long extension wire and route it through the groove in the headliner. pull back the headliner by lifting the lip of the weather strip (i did not take off the weatherstrip as it would not budge). I pulled down the headliner (with a bit of force) and guided the wire from the mic hole to the pulled back area of the headliner via the groove in it. I routed the wire on in front of the airbag as I was scared to do it underneath since I did not want to pull the airbag at all and possibly trip it (that would have been a very bad oops moment). then guided the wire down the lip of the weatherstriping all the way down to the dash side panel. Popped the panel of and guided the wire through the inside down to the footwell cover. Popped the cover off. Popped the footwell light off. Disconnected the footwell connector and plugged it into the supplied splitter. One end of the splitter (black plug) goes back into the footwell light while the other (white) plug goes into the extension which was pulled down from the roof. Pop the footwell light back in. Pop the footwell cover back in. One side completed. Repeat on the other side.

The back end connector of the strip itself, I just tucked that into the headliner as well. Used the same trim removal tool to wedge it in between the back of the pano and headliner and was able to get the wire and plug in there.

Hope the above helps.
If anything, post on here during the weekend and I'll try to answer as I can.

I would say the "hardest" part was to get the strip to stick out ever so slightly in order to get a better visual effect of the light and not be tucked into the headliner too deep. so I used my nails (there is a tiny groove along the strip) to pull it back out just a mm or two so that when you look straight up from under the headliner when looking up, you can actually see a mm of the strip. That way it appears to be brighter (i think) then if it were tucked/pushed in deeper along the pano.

Could u take a closer picture of where you tuck the led strip in between the headliner? Thank
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 03:52 PM   #15
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by otommytruongo View Post
Could u take a closer picture of where you tuck the led strip in between the headliner? Thank
Picture 1... shows where it goes
Picture 2... shows the wiring going in
Picture 3... thats the groove in the headligher where the wire goes. Use the microphone cutout to guide the wire to the airbag area
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 09:08 PM   #16
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Finally did this today in about an hour. I think the thing for me that took the most time was inserting the actual led between the headliner and the sunroof. It was so tight! Other than that super straight forward thanks to the detailed instructions from Burr001 and elite-fusion which made it a breeze to install. I ran the wire all along between the headliner and the weather stripping and it fit in there like a glove.

Was left with about 4 inches of extra led strip at the end on each side so just slid that under the sunroof cover. Burr001 or elite-fusion any idea if I can just cut the LED short or would it cause the led to not work?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Burr0013251.00
      05-24-2022, 09:16 PM   #17
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Finally did this today in about an hour. I think the thing for me that took the most time was inserting the actual led between the headliner and the sunroof. It was so tight! Other than that super straight forward thanks to the detailed instructions from Burr001 and elite-fusion which made it a breeze to install. I ran the wire all along between the headliner and the weather stripping and it fit in there like a glove.

Was left with about 4 inches of extra led strip at the end on each side so just slid that under the sunroof cover. Burr001 or elite-fusion any idea if I can just cut the LED short or would it cause the led to not work?
Happy it all worked out well, I wouldn't cut anything just in case it might short out unless your willing to take that chance other than that I placed the excess towards the back and tucked the remaining ends into the back of the headliner so it was out of the way.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 09:23 PM   #18
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I would say the same, as Burr did, do not cut the LED. I personally think of it as a Philips Hue strip, you can only cut in designated areas and since its wrapped, you do t know where to cut, or if you are able to cut it all. I would not experiment lol
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 06:47 AM   #19
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Did u take the sunvisor off or you did it without like elite fusion?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 03:50 PM   #20
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by otommytruongo View Post
Quote:

Did u take the sunvisor off or you did it without like elite fusion?
Without taking sunvisor off. Pop off the microphone and use that hole to connect the 2 wires.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 07:15 PM   #21
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Just finished this, very easy to install. 15 minutes on each side. Anyone in seattle area need help. Let me know ill help u.
Appreciate 1
Burr0013251.00
      05-27-2022, 08:11 AM   #22
FDM
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Great to see guys, which kit was ordered?
Pref. In Europe?
Appreciate 0