tscharf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5

CarPlay / Android Auto and two drivers?

Does this work right for anybody? What I want:

(1) Wife = Android Auto, BMW ID #1, Key fob #1, Phone #1
(2) Me = Carplay, BMW ID #2, Key fob #2, Phone #2

When we both get in the car it apparently either chooses the first phone it sees or else it uses the last phone it was connected to (???). Only one key fob is present, usually my wife's.

I'd like to just have it always connect to the phone linked via the BMW ID or key fob but can't seem to make that happen and can't find out how it actually works. It seems kind of random. We have to change the connected phone through "Mobile Devices" regularly, a bit frustrating.

I have not setup a digital key for either phone because I don't want it getting confused and just want it to use the phone linked to the key fob if possible.

I know it actually connects to both phones at the same time (and find this functionality useless for me) but I am focused on whether it starts AA or Carplay.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #2
driftkido
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i LCI

You can link 2 phones to 1 bmw ID, but only 1 can be used for starting the car. I always carry 2 phones, android and iphone. I can change the order whether I always use AA or CP, in my case I always use AA since google maps can be displayed in driving cluster. I suggest you create 2 profiles, 1 for you and 1 for your wife. When you get in the car there is a shortcut to change which profile you want you use. That way may be the preferred mobile devices will be changed too before you start the car.
Appreciate 0