Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540xi M-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinoor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadri View Post
I'm glad to hear that it is cleared. If for whatever reason you may hear the clicking noise again, make sure you roll your window down and hear if it is coming from the wheel when you are not stepping on the brakes. That was a big issue for me.
thx ssadri! Did you ever find out the reasons why they ended up buying back your vehicle?
It was a major issue with the front left axle of the car which also somehow caused an issue with the arm. Because the issue came up multiple times even after replacing the axle initially, BMW NA made an offer to buy the car back which brought me to a conclusion that it could be a bigger issue than they thought or maybe still investigating.
2009 BMW X6 50i Dinan (Sold) Alpine White
2003 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Laguna Seca Blue | 1995 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Santorini Blue II
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #24
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Any further updates on this anyone?

Is there a known culprit / fix?

And ssadri: What was your truck replaced with? Same exact build, or you selected one from inventory with more options?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #25
ssadri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post

And ssadri: What was your truck replaced with? Same exact build, or you selected one from inventory with more options?

Thanks.
They actually purchased it back at original cost. I'm waiting to get the X5M Competition once they arrive at Irvine BMW
2003 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Laguna Seca Blue | 1995 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Santorini Blue II
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #26
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
They actually purchased it back at original cost. I'm waiting to get the X5M Competition once they arrive at Irvine BMW
I had a pronounced clicking with front left at low speeds. Worse with parking maneuvers. I ended up re-torquing wheels as the noise manifested after new brakes installed. No more clicking.

Torque specs were incredibly off from dealer. Some breaker bar tight, others under 100lb/ft and removed with 12" ratchet.

I think it was metal creaking under the heat of the car.

Bearings are a growl, not a click.

Axle (CV) failure means a boot leaked and grease spun out. Doubt it with a new car.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 09:09 AM   #27
Leetpro
South Africa
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50D

Quote:

Thanks.
My 2018 M50D G05 went for a service on Monday, I also reported a noise at the front right wheel (driver side, we have RHD in South-Africa).

Monday afternoon they called and said they are still busy with vehicle, Tuesday morning I received a SMS stating they are still busy.

Wednesday I went to the dealership, the car stood outside in the parking lot, I was told it is a wheel bearing, they were very vague about it and said they have to get Authorization from BMW South-Africa to replace it, apparently need to take videos then BMW South-Africa advice them what to do, I told them yesterday that I need a vehicle for this weekend.

This morning (Thursday) I went there again, the car was on the lift with the wheel removed, again, very vague about it, and said because its a M (Yes I know its not a real M) they need Authorization from BMW South-Africa. I told them again that I need a vehicle for this weekend, the SA said something about the car is still drivable, but I obviously don't feel safe driving a vehicle with a failing wheel bearing (If that is even the issue). He was supposed to give me feedback by 13:00, its now after 16:00.

This is a very strange issue and my opinion is that BMW don't even know how to fix it...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #28
Leetpro
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetpro View Post
My 2018 M50D G05 went for a service on Monday, I also reported a noise at the front right wheel (driver side, we have RHD in South-Africa).

Monday afternoon they called and said they are still busy with vehicle, Tuesday morning I received a SMS stating they are still busy.

Wednesday I went to the dealership, the car stood outside in the parking lot, I was told it is a wheel bearing, they were very vague about it and said they have to get Authorization from BMW South-Africa to replace it, apparently need to take videos then BMW South-Africa advice them what to do, I told them yesterday that I need a vehicle for this weekend.

This morning (Thursday) I went there again, the car was on the lift with the wheel removed, again, very vague about it, and said because its a M (Yes I know its not a real M) they need Authorization from BMW South-Africa. I told them again that I need a vehicle for this weekend, the SA said something about the car is still drivable, but I obviously don't feel safe driving a vehicle with a failing wheel bearing (If that is even the issue). He was supposed to give me feedback by 13:00, its now after 16:00.

This is a very strange issue and my opinion is that BMW don't even know how to fix it...
After 1 week at the dealership they are changing both front discs and pads, lets see if that fixes the problem.

at least they gave me a courtesy vehicle to use in the meantime...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 02:53 AM   #29
Leetpro
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetpro View Post
After 1 week at the dealership they are changing both front discs and pads, lets see if that fixes the problem.

at least they gave me a courtesy vehicle to use in the meantime...
So far so good on the new brakes and discs...

no noise anymore
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 10:51 PM   #30
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
I took delivery on a X5MC on 9/3. Last week I didn't have the radio on and I noticed my front driver side is making a clicking/grinding noise like something is rubbing when apply the brake coming to a stop.

It's hard to describe but it's similar to the video that was posted in the earlier posts. Im able to replicate the noise at every slow stop pretty much now.

Gonna call the dealer or just stop in this week. I'll have them take a look at it when I drop it off for the 1200 mile service.
      03-26-2022, 08:12 PM   #31
Mario l
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw g05 M50D

Noise on front axel on stering wheel manouvering with whells turn anyone knows is it

Noise on front axel on stering wheel manouvering with whells turn anyone knows is it
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 10:15 PM   #32
ssadri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario l View Post
The dealer let me know that it had something to do with the front axle and arm.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #33
yzhou2004
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
The dealer let me know that it had something to do with the front axle and arm.
Did you ever have the problem solved? if so, what's the culprit?
I am researching similar noise coming from suspension I believe at low speed (<25mph), but not at parking maneuver though, simply drive straight on not even bump roads. I don't notice at higher speed. probably muffled by road and wind noises.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 10:33 PM   #34
ltoda2nd
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 E90, 12 E70, 22 G05 45e

FYI, just had the front left/right wheel bearings replaced. BMW did it under warranty. 13K miles. Noticed clicking noise when turning into parking garage and into stall. No noise now.
Appreciate 0