BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Drive Recorder - Remote 3D View

My G05 came with the Drive Recorder option.

The Remote 3D view or the Driver Recorder will only work once and then fail to work until I perform a reboot of iDrive.

Dealer has no clue.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
six
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

Yep me to. I’ve reported it but got nowhere! I’m hoping a software relate will fit it. Twice now I’ve wanted to use the drive recorder but it wasn’t working, hmmm!
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      11-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by six View Post
Yep me to. I’ve reported it but got nowhere! I’m hoping a software relate will fit it. Twice now I’ve wanted to use the drive recorder but it wasn’t working, hmmm!
So I'm not alone. Reported it to but radio silence.

iDrive Firmware 11/2019 seems to be rolling out in some markets. Hopefully this will fix it.

Right now paying for a feature that doesn't work. Unacceptable that we are not getting any feedback from Munich.

Last edited by ikke123; 11-20-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #4
ams3177
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 30D MSports

Garage List
2014 BMW 530D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke123 View Post

The Remote 3D view or the Driver Recorder will only work once and then fail to work until I perform a reboot of iDrive.

Dealer has no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke123 View Post

Dealer has no clue.

I too noticed that the drive recorder is flaky and may not be always available every time you set off.
To mitigate the issue temporarily, I have added driver recorder to the home screen ; this way I at least know every time it doesn't start. And if that's the case I restart the iDrive. So far neither BMW nor dealer has offered any solution.
I have been trying to keep track of what might be triggering this behaviour but it has been erratic and without any specific pattern. Sometimes it has worked without any issues for days while on some days I have had to restart it for every drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #5
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams3177 View Post
I too noticed that the drive recorder is flaky and may not be always available every time you set off.
To mitigate the issue temporarily, I have added driver recorder to the home screen ; this way I at least know every time it doesn't start. And if that's the case I restart the iDrive. So far neither BMW nor dealer has offered any solution.
I have been trying to keep track of what might be triggering this behaviour but it has been erratic and without any specific pattern. Sometimes it has worked without any issues for days while on some days I have had to restart it for every drive.
Ditto
Appreciate 0