BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #89
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke123 View Post
Hybrid Eco Pro is not too tame if you have the auto speed turned on and especially if you live in a place like me that is just full of speed trap cameras everywhere.
I like my Coyote very much
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #90
Floriankarch44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Mine arrived today.

Electric drive is very funny and very silent. Power is good and sufficient.

Autonomy with cold is not so great. I will try pre heating this night to see if tomorrow the battery will be more efficient. I will make my first travel to work : city + national road, 65 kms 2 ways ...
I will try it in full electric ...

I also tried the thermic engine. The sound is great and acceleration very good.

Very pleased of my purchase. A lot of things to try and discover as I m newbie with BMW coming from Audi world ...

Appreciate 1
Auricom4360.00
      11-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #91
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floriankarch44 View Post
Mine arrived today.

Electric drive is very funny and very silent. Power is good and sufficient.

Autonomy with cold is not so great. I will try pre heating this night to see if tomorrow the battery will be more efficient. I will make my first travel to work : city + national road, 65 kms 2 ways ...
I will try it in full electric ...

I also tried the thermic engine. The sound is great and acceleration very good.

Very pleased of my purchase. A lot of things to try and discover as I m newbie with BMW coming from Audi world ...

Congratz and enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #92
bluetriangle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Mine was supposed to be delivered today but yesterday the delivery agent scratched the front left wheel putting onto the truck. They won’t deliver it damaged so now have to wait for a replacement wheel. Don’t know how long that will take to get from Germany.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 12:09 AM   #93
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetriangle View Post
Mine was supposed to be delivered today but yesterday the delivery agent scratched the front left wheel putting onto the truck. They won’t deliver it damaged so now have to wait for a replacement wheel. Don’t know how long that will take to get from Germany.
sorry to hear, that sucks, hopefully they have those wheels in stock
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 12:23 AM   #94
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
preconditioning the car would also help with the range but then I would first make sure your cable is adjusted if needed in terms of the recall that is taking place. Mine has been adjusted by dealer but I haven’t used preconditioning (warming up car and batteries yet). It’s minus 4 degrees celsius here now this morning. Could drive 65km according to computer.

I drove 19,6km just now. I can still do 39km now so that totals up to 58,6km - not the 65km because the car was frozen so had front and rear on max to get windows defrosted, used seat heating and my music was on, as always is the case. On the note of a frozen car, the hood doesn’t defrost ofc driving electric, kinda weird at first.

I plugged it in now and I’ll try the preheating option soon to check what it gives.
So I tried out pre-conditioning - it didn’t really work as I expected. So what happens is really everything gets pre-heated. Since it’s cold outside here already, the car gets defrosted, seat heating is turned on, steering wheel hearing is turned on and it preps the car for departure. I’m currently still charging from a wall socket so what system tries to do is use electricity to do all this and then charge car back up to 100% before you are going to leave. The idea is then that you don’t need to turn on heating because car has been pre-heated.

Nice idea but first thing my kids do is hit the heating button for their seats 😁
So I should try it out sometime when I do a long stretch on my own and then not touch anything in terms of additional heating.

The pre-heating does save you some km’s of electric driving. I tried the same thing without pre-heating and lost about 6km electric driving defrosting and heating up the car.

Another thing I tried is having my car in assisted driving mode + adaptive. The system then decides what is best option to regenerate energy thus either rolling the car further or braking when a car on front of you for example slows down. I found the braking sometimes a bit aggressive almost, assuming the car was doing that because it regenerates more energy. Cases where I would personally just let it roll and save my brake pads because braking isn’t really needed.

Range was about 60km yesterday based on 10km I did. So I didn’t really drive far enough to know actual range I would potentially be able to do. Prediction was less because of all the seat heating that was happening is my take.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:01 AM   #95
chrisvd183
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
So I tried out pre-conditioning - it didn’t really work as I expected. So what happens is really everything gets pre-heated. Since it’s cold outside here already, the car gets defrosted, seat heating is turned on, steering wheel hearing is turned on and it preps the car for departure. I’m currently still charging from a wall socket so what system tries to do is use electricity to do all this and then charge car back up to 100% before you are going to leave. The idea is then that you don’t need to turn on heating because car has been pre-heated.

Nice idea but first thing my kids do is hit the heating button for their seats 😁
So I should try it out sometime when I do a long stretch on my own and then not touch anything in terms of additional heating.

The pre-heating does save you some km’s of electric driving. I tried the same thing without pre-heating and lost about 6km electric driving defrosting and heating up the car.

Another thing I tried is having my car in assisted driving mode + adaptive. The system then decides what is best option to regenerate energy thus either rolling the car further or braking when a car on front of you for example slows down. I found the braking sometimes a bit aggressive almost, assuming the car was doing that because it regenerates more energy. Cases where I would personally just let it roll and save my brake pads because braking isn’t really needed.

Range was about 60km yesterday based on 10km I did. So I didn’t really drive far enough to know actual range I would potentially be able to do. Prediction was less because of all the seat heating that was happening is my take.
Pre-condition is only for the batteries.
Pre-heating heats indeed the cabin.
You have to take about 20-30 minutes before leaving to charge back to 100%.
In the morning i do see a better range and charging when the batteries are pre-condition.
It's a proces that takes time. Also the way you drive will change over time. Driving a hybrid is not like driving only on ICE.
After 120K driving with a 40e i can tell you.
Suc6 !
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 05:49 AM   #96
Jafayz
Private
Rep
Drives: X45E

On 22/10 my Production status for my 45e was 155-assemblage finish.
6/11 u called my dealer and hè informed me it was on 166 (in transit)
How long Would it take from Production finished to get it boarden to the ship? Because i Still hope it was on the Tosca That arrived yesterday in Zeebrugge (i am a belgian customer). I have read some stories that t should take some days But No weeks to get it on the ship. Otherwise it should be on the Olympian Highway wich is currently docked in Bremerhaven With next Port of call Zeebrugge... . And What time does it take to have it offboarded in the Port (to which status Will it be changed then in tracking) i truly hope it Will be delivered still within 2 weeks !
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 06:01 AM   #97
FilipVDA
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 45e

2019.10.19 Belgium

Delivered Saturday October 19th in Belgium
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #98
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

I got mine at the same time as FilipVDA. I was told 6 weeks transit time but not sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #99
bluetriangle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
sorry to hear, that sucks, hopefully they have those wheels in stock
Just under two weeks to get the replacement from Germany.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #100
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Are there still 45e's being delivered to customers or is this on hold until BMW knows the cause of the fire? Did someone get a 45e delivered after the fire incident?

Someone told me new imported 45e's are kept in Germany until they know more and for the moment they are not delivered to customers. Don't know if this is true. So I'm curious if someone got his 45e after this incident.

Last edited by Heavyd; 11-22-2019 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #101
Floriankarch44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw

I received mine last wednesday. My car delivery never blocked by BMW ...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #102
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Good to hear. A lot of BS is going around.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #103
chrisvd183
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xdrive45e

Today contacted by my sales and he said that delivery can and I hope will be week 51.
It's on the boat now. No block because the problem with the ground cable is been solved in the cars rolling from the factory from beginning november. Mine is build and under the way.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #104
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvd183 View Post
Today contacted by my sales and he said that delivery can and I hope will be week 51.
It's on the boat now. No block because the problem with the ground cable is been solved in the cars rolling from the factory from beginning november. Mine is build and under the way.
Great

My production week when car should have been ready was week 49, but got contacted yesterday that it's on code 152 (paint shop I believe that is) It's been in production since the 15th . Delivery was pushed forward by 2 weeks and could be sooner. Normal sailing time is 24-28 days but there is a ship leaving on the 6th that will make the crossing in 14 days
I've warned the wrap shop I'll get it sooner
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #105
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2REP View Post
I've warned the wrap shop I'll get it sooner
Protective wrap? In what range is the cost for wrapping an X5?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 05:41 PM   #106
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Protective wrap? In what range is the cost for wrapping an X5?
Protective wrap (PPF) indeed.
I'm not doing the full car though . I've requested the front bumper, full hood, fenders and mirrors (against rockchips etc) and the rear bumper (against careless people pulling out of parkings). I'm also getting full ceramic coating done in the same shop together with window tinting (driver and passenger side).
They use Xpel for both the wrapping and the coating and offer 10 years guarantee on the wrap and 5 years on the installation.
Transport is by closed trailer as soon as it arrives at the dealer
Cost for this is 2600 ex VAT and you can add the cost of the wrapping to your Omnium insurance if you want. That way you can have it redone and paid by the insurance in case you do have an accident.

The cost for the complete car wrap is approx 6400€(with tinting and coating)

If you need more info just shoot.

Last edited by 2REP; 11-23-2019 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
W0ut243.50
      11-24-2019, 03:14 AM   #107
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2REP View Post
Protective wrap (PPF) indeed.
I'm not doing the full car though . I've requested the front bumper, full hood, fenders and mirrors (against rockchips etc) and the rear bumper (against careless people pulling out of parkings). I'm also getting full ceramic coating done in the same shop together with window tinting (driver and passenger side).
They use Xpel for both the wrapping and the coating and offer 10 years guarantee on the wrap and 5 years on the installation.
Transport is by closed trailer as soon as it arrives at the dealer
Cost for this is 2600 ex VAT and you can add the cost of the wrapping to your Omnium insurance if you want. That way you can have it redone and paid by the insurance in case you do have an accident.

The cost for the complete car wrap is approx 6400€(with tinting and coating)

If you need more info just shoot.
A complete wrap is maybe overkill
Where is the wrapping done?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #108
zacklee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetriangle View Post
Just under two weeks to get the replacement from Germany.
Sorry to hear that
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #109
zacklee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 UK

Quote:
Congratz and enjoy!
Please feedback us
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #110
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
A complete wrap is maybe overkill
Where is the wrapping done?
BC Signature .. they have free info sessions regularly. Very informative. Great communication.
Having seen their work and I can vouch for the quality they deliver.
Appreciate 0