BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-26-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
Akaramanukyan
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i msport

Issues with radio

Hi, I have had my X5 for about 6 months now. Been to the dealer twice for some software issues. But I’m still experiencing issues with the radio FM and AM there is a long delay from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to change stations . It’s driving me crazy at this point. The dealer is telling me it’s a known issue. But when I call BMW they don’t know anything about it. Anyone here having this issue ? Any suggestions would help ? I’m planning on taking the car back to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #2
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaramanukyan View Post
Hi, I have had my X5 for about 6 months now. Been to the dealer twice for some software issues. But I’m still experiencing issues with the radio FM and AM there is a long delay from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to change stations . It’s driving me crazy at this point. The dealer is telling me it’s a known issue. But when I call BMW they don’t know anything about it. Anyone here having this issue ? Any suggestions would help ? I’m planning on taking the car back to the dealer.
I don't think this is a known issue in the customer community, don't recall anyone mentioning that, seems like a new one. What iDrive software version?
      08-26-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
Akaramanukyan
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i msport

I believe the software version is 3/2019.48
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #4
WBT3
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50; X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaramanukyan View Post
I have the same radio issue as you described. X5 is at the dealer and they have opened a case with BMW. Hopefully they will have a permanent fix. It has been a very annoying first-world problem. The latest ...55 updates didn't fix it.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
35USC
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

I recently posted on a similar issue in my 2019 X5 and just now saw this thread. In addition to the same delay issue you have, my radio also will sometimes change to the previous channel I was listening to instead of the new channel that I selected. I previously had a 2016 X5 that did not have either of these issues. I wonder if BMW underestimated the processor power or memory that was going to be needed to run the new software.
Appreciate 0