15x5
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 45e G05 Z4 35ise89 116i F20

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by awosy View Post
I think in Belgium the max charging capacity using the regular power sockets is 2.3 KW which aligns with 10 Amp, so I think that's your limit without a charging point (wallbox)

I have been trying to figure out myself what to buy to get the best charging time. From what I understand people usually have a 1 phase line which tops at 16Amp.
The 45e is limited to a charging capacity of 3.7KW (by the car itself). Not sure about this, hard to find these details or I'm clearly missing it somewhere.

So I'm assuming having a 1 phase wallbox will be enough to reach the fastest charging time possible with this car. Having more will not make the car charge any faster because the limit is the car.

I have been looking at a wallbox from Pulsar
(https://wallbox.com/nl_be/pulsar-typ...kw-enkelfasige)

Hope to read some info from drivers that have they 45e already to give some feedback/info on this. It would be very helpful to me as a newbie hybrido :-)
Numbers are correct. I have an ev-box and can charge 16A 3,7 kW.
Appreciate 1
awosy48.50
      10-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #24
15x5
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I have done 800 km now. After charging I am able to drive more than 70 km on electricity. For longer distances I was able to drive 86 km on electricity on a total distance of 190 km. This was because of the charging when slowing down. So I did only 300 km on fuel of the 800 km.
Appreciate 2
perikifi165.50
2REP20.50
      10-30-2019, 02:12 PM   #25
TORGUE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i

What Color Is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Looks like they are delivering like crazy in Belgium.

Spotted one "in the wild" yesterday. Was parked in one of the 'board' parking spots at work. :-)

Only two weeks wait for mine.

note: it's debadged. I thought this was not possible in Belgium.

Sorry for the low-light pictures.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:15 PM   #26
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15x5 View Post
I have done 800 km now. After charging I am able to drive more than 70 km on electricity. For longer distances I was able to drive 86 km on electricity on a total distance of 190 km. This was because of the charging when slowing down. So I did only 300 km on fuel of the 800 km.
Thanks for the confirmation on my thoughts of the wallbox, I'll have a look at that ev-box too.

Based on your numbers I will be driving 2/3 of my daily distances electrically. I'm really glad to see the electrical range is no false promise from BMW. They got it pretty good near the theoretical range if you ask me. My dealer was sceptic and only promised 60km.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #27
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORGUE View Post
What Color Is?
Carbon black.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 02:17 PM   #28
kindofblue
Gone electric
Rep
Drives: i4 40eDrive 3/31/23 & Mach e

Question range on electric only

Quote:
Thanks, yours is the first post I've read of actual range on electric only. Is that at freeway speeds (e.g., 110k or faster) or slower?
      10-31-2019, 02:55 PM   #29
15x5
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofblue View Post
Thanks, yours is the first post I've read of actual range on electric only. Is that at freeway speeds (e.g., 110k or faster) or slower?
It was both highway (80%) and secondary roads. Speed up to 120 km/h depending on traffic circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #30
Bemmimees
Registered
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
Thanks

The colour is stunning, it shifts in the light as I have seen on online pictures.

For the rest still figuring out settings and all, lots of explanations, lots of possibilities and options so will take me some time to get used to all of it.

Don't have charger station yet, was still looking at options and had to check if the car fits properly in my garage which it does (close call though) so that will be next step. It's currently charging up using regular wall socket which for some reason is restricting me to charge at max 10 Ampère so will take from now till 3 AM to fully charge it up again

Not sure why the car isn't going higher - 16 Ampère should be possible using just the wall socket but I need to check / read up on it I suppose
Currently all new phev-cars in EU area are coming with 8A plug-in adapters. This is because of new ISO(?) standard which is limiting plug-in adapter current to 8A for safety reasons. Old wires might not handle long term 16A currents.
There is two solution: buy fixed charging station or buy older Mennekes or other brand plug-in adapter with 16A setting.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 05:06 PM   #31
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemmimees View Post
Currently all new phev-cars in EU area are coming with 8A plug-in adapters. This is because of new ISO(?) standard which is limiting plug-in adapter current to 8A for safety reasons. Old wires might not handle long term 16A currents.
There is two solution: buy fixed charging station or buy older Mennekes or other brand plug-in adapter with 16A setting.
Thx for info. I’ve ordered charging station in the meantime.
Charging without it is too slow for driving I do. 350 km so far, 50% electric.

5L/100km fuel consumption at the moment
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 06:35 PM   #32
Tmt
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25, BMW 1 F21

Quote:
Thx for info. I’ve ordered charging station in the meantime.
Charging without it is too slow for driving I do. 350 km so far, 50% electric.

5L/100km fuel consumption at the moment
Which one did you get? I looked at the BMW wallbox, 1180€, but they promise a 15% discount as long as the car isn’t delivered. An electricity utility company does all installations, they first charge 100€ to investigate your setup at home and make an offer . Sales rep said it averages at 700€
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 06:57 AM   #33
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Can you post a picture of the trunk inside?
Some photo's I found on another german forum
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
2REP20.50
Artc5.00
      11-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #34
Tmt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Another one spotted in Belgium... and also debadged. My wife said she will also ask it in the dealership when we’ll pick up ours
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #35
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmt View Post
Which one did you get? I looked at the BMW wallbox, 1180€, but they promise a 15% discount as long as the car isn’t delivered. An electricity utility company does all installations, they first charge 100€ to investigate your setup at home and make an offer . Sales rep said it averages at 700€
Went for CenErgy mainly because of the big network of chargers they have in Belgium and neigbouring countries.

Cost is around 2000 euro all in.

Then they have monthly fee or 15 euro I believe for invoice generation - online platform usage.

Still has to be installed, charging of regular electricity box in my garage still at the moment
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #36
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The problem that I still have, without charger is that loading it up goes a bit too slow for my liking. Driving kids around for their hobbies and not having enough time in between to charge the car makes me run out of battery.

It will be better once I have my charger box.

For the rest, love the car so far, feels solid, fast, smooth (cannot feel transition from electric - petrol)
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #37
Tmt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Went for CenErgy mainly because of the big network of chargers they have in Belgium and neigbouring countries.

Then they have monthly fee or 15 euro I believe for invoice generation - online platform usage.

Still has to be installed, charging of regular electricity box in my garage still at the moment
What is the advantage of the 15€ fee? You can use their public charging points?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #38
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmt View Post
What is the advantage of the 15€ fee? You can use their public charging points?
yes and they made many deals with different charging point companies which makes that they have a big network in neighbouring countries. That and it will make the charging station able to auto invoice my company for electricity used for charging
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #39
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quick question for those of you who already took possession of the car in Belgium:

Do we get the Active Cruise Control in combination with the driver attention camera as shown here: https://youtu.be/LKxgOXuhBUg?t=29

I test drove a 40i some months ago before ordering my 45e and I'm pretty sure when driving in the traffic jam I didn't touch the steering wheel for a long time. Does this mean we also get the Extended Traffic Jam Assistant here or am I imagining things?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 06:00 AM   #40
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Quote:

I'm still in doubt about the advantage of that 15 euro mostly fee. If you need invoices for your company (I will need it too), you have enough with a system that can tell you the usage of the charging point. You need do this once 1 year I guess, worst case once a month.

Ok, you get access to the public charging points, are those inaccessible then for people without this subscription? I would assume everyone can always use them if they pay for it. Unless you can use the public charging points for free, which I doubt, I don't see an advantage of paying 180 euro each year, just to have 12 invoices.

What am I missing here?

Personally I was thinking about a wallbox from Pulsar which would suit my needs. Not monthly fee's, I can track the usage to invoice my company, I can schedule to charge at night, ...

Whenever I use a public charging point I would just pay my usage, chances I will use public charging points are rather rare for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #41
Flippy_00
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 45e

Zappi v2

I installed a 1-phase 7.2 kWh 32A Zappi V2 charger at home in my garage.

Since I have my own company (bvba), i don't really need an invoice, i need an expense report (onkostennota).
This you can create from the statistics output of the Zappi v2.

All within Belgian tax regulations, cheap and no monthly costs.
(Even better, since i'm allowed to calculate the same price as public charging stations, I can ask more than the actual cost using my solar panels )

(fyi, the X5 45e will be the only car charging at this charger)
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #42
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awosy View Post
I'm still in doubt about the advantage of that 15 euro mostly fee. If you need invoices for your company (I will need it too), you have enough with a system that can tell you the usage of the charging point. You need do this once 1 year I guess, worst case once a month.

Ok, you get access to the public charging points, are those inaccessible then for people without this subscription? I would assume everyone can always use them if they pay for it. Unless you can use the public charging points for free, which I doubt, I don't see an advantage of paying 180 euro each year, just to have 12 invoices.

What am I missing here?

Personally I was thinking about a wallbox from Pulsar which would suit my needs. Not monthly fee's, I can track the usage to invoice my company, I can schedule to charge at night, ...

Whenever I use a public charging point I would just pay my usage, chances I will use public charging points are rather rare for me.
I’m into automation software so for me the automated
invoicing is a must have really

To me it sounds like you cannot just charge wherever you want and be able to easily pay everywhere without some sort of card to do that. First hybrid for me so perhaps I just misunderstand but BMW dealer gave me a card with 80 euro on it to charge car at public locations but the number of charging stations seems to be really limited when I compare it against what Cenergy lists
on their website.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #43
15x5
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I’m into automation software so for me the automated
invoicing is a must have really

To me it sounds like you cannot just charge wherever you want and be able to easily pay everywhere without some sort of card to do that. First hybrid for me so perhaps I just misunderstand but BMW dealer gave me a card with 80 euro on it to charge car at public locations but the number of charging stations seems to be really limited when I compare it against what Cenergy lists
on their website.
New motion offers a Card without monthly fee, only a starting fee for each public charge (0,45 eur). They have an agreement with a lot of public Charging points around Europe.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #44
timtignor
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW M3

payload of xdrive45e

Can anyone tell me what the maximum payload is for the xdrive45e?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0