BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-29-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
hmbmd116
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

X5 50e stopped connecting to internet

I was driving last night listening to Spotify from the BMW app and suddenly the music stopped. The weather app failed to connect as did BMW messages and news podcasts. When I arrived home I noted that the BMW app on my iPhone wouldn't connect to the car and nothing worked. I tried hard reset by holding volume button for 45 seconds and still the car would not connect. This morning the car again would not connect despite another hard reset. I read somewhere that if one performed a hard reset in diagnostic mode (three quick presses of on/off button with no foot on the brake) followed by locking the car for one hour this could restore connection. I tried that and still the car would not connect. I tried to renew apps and services and it said function not available. I was going to quit and call my service department, however I went into the news podcast app and started clicking items that said unavailable because of no connection and after 4 or 5 clicks, the car once again connected to the internet and everything is functional again.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 09:36 AM   #2
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e (CB/Coffee)

I guess yesterday evening their server was down around 7pm pst
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 10:02 AM   #3
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
45 seconds isn't a hard reset. that's an iDrive reboot. try a telematics reboot to reestablish server connection.
Appreciate 0