BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-21-2023, 12:38 PM   #1
TomiOmni
Rep
Drives: X5

Upper dash vents

Hi,

I am new to the X5, love it so far just the venting. The on dash vent (with the center speaker) really bothers me. It goes right into my face. Is there a way to switch it off without switching off the front vents (above the AC control) which can be regulated? Would like to have those open und upper dash closed.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 02:59 PM   #2
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Yes, in one of the pages of the climate control menu, you can adjust the airflow from what I've seen in some videos. Note, though, that the vehicle has sensors, and may be directing air to the windshield if it detects it's fogging up...this is automatic to keep your windshield clear.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 12:21 PM   #3
TomiOmni
Rep
Drives: X5

Thanks, but I am not refering to the "defog" vents that go directly the windscreen, those can be controlled. I refer to the vent besides the central speaker. Can these one only be controlled together with the sraight facing vents? In earlier days these (very BMW typical vents) had a manual control like the side vents.
Appreciate 0