BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-25-2021, 02:08 PM   #1
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Thoughts on 30D Msport offer UK

Hi I would like to hear opinions on the following deal I have been offered.

New build 30D Msport with the following spec

Msport Pro Package with 22" Bi colour wheels
Tech Plus Package
Visibility Package (Now includes Laser Lights)
Comfort Package
Individual extended Merino Leather (Black)
Carbon fibre interior
Individual Tanzanite blue
Sky Lounge Roof

RRP comes out at £79,895.00

I have been offed it for £68,527.00 which is around 14.5% discount when I asked if I could still get £1500 deposit contribution they said this was built in to the price! but could still get the 2.9% rate.

Does any one know if this could be bettered or any one who has achieved a better deal

Thanks in advance for any advice

Neil

Last edited by njw1967; 04-25-2021 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #2
mrbmwx3
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by njw1967 View Post
Hi I would like to hear opinions on the following deal I have been offered.

New build 30D Msport with the following spec

Msport Pro Package with 22" Bi colour wheels
Tech Plus Package
Visibility Package (Now includes Laser Lights)
Comfort Package
Individual extended Merino Leather (Black)
Carbon fibre interior
Individual Tanzanite blue
Sky Lounge Roof

RRP comes out at £79,895.00

I have been offed it for £68,527.00 which is around 14.5% discount when I asked if I could still get £1500 deposit contribution they said this was built in to the price! but could still get the 2.9% rate.

Does any one know if this could be bettered or any one who has achieved a better deal

Thanks in advance for any advice

Neil
Not too bad, maybe could do slightly better at the end of the quarter. Back in Sep 2020, i got 16.5% but that was inclusive of the free tech pack which was £2.2k then. I’m not sure how the market is like at the moment, but early on in 2020 i hear ppl were getting near 19% off, although I can’t recall whether that was stock car or custom order.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #3
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbmwx3 View Post
Not too bad, maybe could do slightly better at the end of the quarter. Back in Sep 2020, i got 16.5% but that was inclusive of the free tech pack which was £2.2k then. I’m not sure how the market is like at the moment, but early on in 2020 i hear ppl were getting near 19% off, although I can’t recall whether that was stock car or custom order.
Thanks for the reply
Is the free Tech pack still an option ?
I would love to know who was doing 19% that would be perfect

I have decided on new as went to view a 2500 mile November 2020 similar spec car that had third row seating (I don't need or want that option) but only standard Tech Pack, crafted Clarity that is not for me either, and it looked like they had washed it with a brillo pad then tried to buff it with a similar material, wheels repaired and lacquer runs all over two of the m, scratches on the grill, and five small chips on drivers door looked like it had PDR and touched in, scratch on back door down to primer, I rejected it and they wanted £59,00,00 for it so I thought for a bit more I could have a new one with the spec i want.

Regards Neil

Last edited by njw1967; 04-25-2021 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 07:05 PM   #4
mrbmwx3
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
No, unfortunately not, I think currently the X3 has the free tech pack, so it may come around to the x5 again at some point.

No idea who was giving the 19%.
Btw Its a nice spec you got there.

The interest rate won’t change as that’s set by BMW Financial Services. it’s the dealer discount you need to haggle with. Deposit contribution won’t change either as that’s BMWs contribution and it should be the same across all the dealers. So don’t let them tell you that they are doing you a favour by letting you have the car at 2.9%, they really don’t have a say in it.

Last edited by mrbmwx3; 04-25-2021 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 05:21 AM   #5
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Nice spec

14.5% is a very good offer IMO.

I was in the market for an X5 before covid changed everything and there were some good deals to be had, however, covid changed everything and most deals dried up due to vehicle stock shortages and factory shutdowns.

I have ordered a relatively high spec 3.0d M-Sport, but due to component shortages BMW withdrew air suspension as a UK market standard fit option to a default Adaptive Suspension set up, an arrangement which is due for an update in June. The only way to get around this was to order the third row seating, which the dealer compensated me the cost for. As my order is looking at a October 21 delivery, which would mean a 22MY, which may include some spec and price changes, I am hoping the air suspension component shortage improves as I can then delete third row seating as it is not a feature I will use much if at all, even though third row seating does increase the vehicles future value.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 05:57 AM   #6
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330dMSXD View Post
Nice spec

14.5% is a very good offer IMO.

I was in the market for an X5 before covid changed everything and there were some good deals to be had, however, covid changed everything and most deals dried up due to vehicle stock shortages and factory shutdowns.

I have ordered a relatively high spec 3.0d M-Sport, but due to component shortages BMW withdrew air suspension as a UK market standard fit option to a default Adaptive Suspension set up, an arrangement which is due for an update in June. The only way to get around this was to order the third row seating, which the dealer compensated me the cost for. As my order is looking at a October 21 delivery, which would mean a 22MY, which may include some spec and price changes, I am hoping the air suspension component shortage improves as I can then delete third row seating as it is not a feature I will use much if at all, even though third row seating does increase the vehicles future value.
Hi I wasn't made aware of the air suspension issue, does third row seating mean it has to have the air suspension ?

I don't want one without it after driving one with it!!!

thanks for your reply, I will ask the dealer see what they say

They got back to me this morning with a new figure of £68,000.00

Regards Neil
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 06:17 AM   #7
CheesyPeas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 45e

I thought I was on for a good deal with a 12% discount on a 45e, 14.5% discount is remarkable.... well done OP.
Ordered mine in February with a rather hopeful delivery for June. Hope yours isn’t too long as it’s a right pita having to wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 06:20 AM   #8
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

If you spec 3rd row then air suspension is added automatically, as it's needed given the extra weight.

Likewise for the 45e, due to the batteries, that also adds air suspension.

They do have a smaller qty of air suspension components, but just (for now) holding them back to allow them to build cars that are either 45e or have 3rd row ordered.
Appreciate 1
330dMSXD103.00
      04-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #9
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
If you spec 3rd row then air suspension is added automatically, as it's needed given the extra weight.

Likewise for the 45e, due to the batteries, that also adds air suspension.

They do have a smaller qty of air suspension components, but just (for now) holding them back to allow them to build cars that are either 45e or have 3rd row ordered.
I have been told I can have Twin axel air suspension if I wait for a July build on a non 3rd row car but at a cost now of £593.00

The current BMW brochure still shows Air suspension standard across the range except M50D that's no longer available!, may just try to get a deal on the 3rd seat option to get the air and order earlier as the car will have better residual value even if I never use them.

BMW need to get their documents updated before they make changes like this its very annoying, the air suspension is one of the reasons I wanted the G05

Regards Neil

Last edited by njw1967; 04-26-2021 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #10
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
I have been told I can have Twin axel air suspension if I wait for a July build on a non 3rd row car but at a cost now of £593.00

The current BMW brochure still shows Air suspension standard across the range except M50D that's no longer available!, may just try to get a deal on the 3rd seat option to get the air and order earlier as the car will have better residual value even if I never use them.

BMW need to get their documents updated before they make changes like this its very annoying, the air suspension is one of the reasons I wanted the G05

Regards Neil
That monthly doesnt appear too expensive, based on the car and relatively high spec. Its cheaper than my X5 at £70k with a 20% deposit.

The only issue with selecting third row is you lose the bootspace underfloor storage, which is good for stashing away the general boot litter like bags, collapsable crates and picnic blankets etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #11
nunp
Private
Rep
Drives: RR Velar, Audi S5

Just ordered an artic grey and ivory white X5 30d M Sport on a PCH, with Plus and Tech packs and towbar so a pretty light spec compared with others. List £68,499 - discount £11,569 so circa 17% discount. Took some negotiation and pretty much a Dutch auction between two dealers. Delivery is scheduled for July as it appears I’m using one of their build slots. Though I have since discovered, as per my order form, dealer never advised this would be the case, air suspension is deleted and replaced with M Sport Adaptive. Coming from a X4 M40d I assume the ride will be the same as it has 21 alloys and adaptive - it’s firm but fairly composed and just about comfortable. Though I’m gutted as was looking forward to a super silky ride so I’m tempted to cancel unless dealer covers the cost of third row seating and air suspension but I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 04:17 PM   #12
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunp View Post
Just ordered an artic grey and ivory white X5 30d M Sport on a PCH, with Plus and Tech packs and towbar so a pretty light spec compared with others. List £68,499 - discount £11,569 so circa 17% discount. Took some negotiation and pretty much a Dutch auction between two dealers. Delivery is scheduled for July as it appears I’m using one of their build slots. Though I have since discovered, as per my order form, dealer never advised this would be the case, air suspension is deleted and replaced with M Sport Adaptive. Coming from a X4 M40d I assume the ride will be the same as it has 21 alloys and adaptive - it’s firm but fairly composed and just about comfortable. Though I’m gutted as was looking forward to a super silky ride so I’m tempted to cancel unless dealer covers the cost of third row seating and air suspension but I doubt it.
Told my dealer if it arrives without Air suspension I will reject the car so fingers crossed BMW get there act together and get things sorted by June/July ����
Give it a try with the third row let me know how you get on if it works I will try it ����

Last edited by njw1967; 05-02-2021 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #13
nunp
Private
Rep

Yeah good shout and I probably say the same and threaten to cancel but as my order is a likely June build it will come without or they change the spec to include 7 seats and air suspension FoC which I doubt they will do.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 04:38 PM   #14
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Yeah good shout and I probably say the same and threaten to cancel but as my order is a likely June build it will come without or they change the spec to include 7 seats and air suspension FoC which I doubt they will do.
A lot of the time outright profit is not mega important, chassis sales and targets mean big kickbacks of money from the manufacturer to the dealers.
I’ve changed my spec slightly today to piano black (as I really like it)
And added tow bar as intend getting a caravan due COVID situation plus £1095 is a bit heavy for a trim and the price difference nearly pays for the tow bar.

I’m going to call the dealer and tell him if they add third row (even though I don’t want or need it)I will pay my deposit, still think I will wait for September to register it.

Last edited by njw1967; 05-02-2021 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 05:33 PM   #15
nunp
Private
Rep

Yeah will probably do the same as will hopefully be overseas for the month of august so don’t need a brand new car sitting at the airport car park gathering dust. I’m also waiting on my local dealer to quote on a stock 40d with air suspension but no tow bar.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 10:33 AM   #16
nunp
Private
Rep

Quick Update - my X5 is due to be built on week 31 which is circa 4 weeks after the supposed restriction on air suspension parts for standard X5 30d / 40d and 40i orders in the UK. So i wonder if the parts are available again when my car goes into build - big but - will they just stick the M Sport Adaptive set up per my order form or revert back to air suspension? If the latter they will probably want to charge me! So I will hang tight for now and not amend my order in the hope air suspension gets added FoC or I just get charged £700 for it without the third row seats.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #17
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep

So my order has been knocked back with numerous restrictions on spec due to the semiconductor crisis currently happening in the world.
Now hear this :-)
My dealer has offered me the dealership directors car that will possibly be available in around 8 weeks

Only thing putting me off is the ivory/ black interior it is however extended merino so I will just have to live with it.

March 2021 Ex Demo
X5 xDrive40d M Sport
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
Ivory White / Black Extended Merino Leather
22" 746 Individual V-spoke Alloy Wheels
Integral Active Steering
CraftedClarity Controls
Individual Piano Black Interior Trim
Third-row Seating
Sky Lounge Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Luggage compartment package
Comfort Plus Pack
M Sport Pro Pack
Visibility Pack (laser lights)
Technology Plus Pack

Fingers crossed just waiting to hear what the release date can be and price
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 12:40 PM   #18
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So my order has been knocked back with numerous restrictions on spec due to the semiconductor crisis currently happening in the world.
My dealer has offered me the dealership directors car that will possibly be available in around 8 weeks

Only thing putting me off is the ivory/ black interior it is however extended merino so I will just have to live with it.

March 2021
X5 xDrive40d M Sport
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
Integral Active Steering
CraftedClarity Controls
Third-row Seating
Comfort Plus Pack
M Sport Pro Pack
Technology Plus Pack

Nice spec - mine's similar apart from the wheels and the engine (40i), plus I have a few more options than the director. Why's he so cheap??

I'm gonna get 22" aftermarket wheels anyway, my mistake in not speccing those in the first place

If I had a redo, I'd have ordered the M50i as well but hey, next time round or a full-fat M perhaps.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 12:42 PM   #19
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

March 2021
X5 xDrive40d M Sport
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
Integral Active Steering
CraftedClarity Controls
Third-row Seating
Comfort Plus Pack
M Sport Pro Pack
Technology Plus Pack

Have you driven it, it will be nice
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 01:11 PM   #20
CheesyPeas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 45e

Quote:

March 2021
X5 xDrive40d M Sport
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
Integral Active Steering
CraftedClarity Controls
Third-row Seating
Comfort Plus Pack
M Sport Pro Pack
Technology Plus Pack

That’s going to be a very nice place to sit. Bet you can’t wait?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #21
nunp
Private
Rep

Make sure you push for a 17% discount. Park Lane offer this much without any negotiation.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #22
mrbmwx3
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Make sure you push for a 17% discount. Park Lane offer this much without any negotiation.
Really, is park lane that good on discounts? Potentially have 4 cars to buy between family members next year, do you recommend them for a good discount?
Appreciate 0