BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-29-2021, 11:49 PM   #1
tracy8282
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i x Gran Coupe (gone),

Question Finance guy lying abt agreed upon price and protect/maintenance

So, I just had a great quick transaction with a sales person highly recommended on this site. Then convo with the head of financing about maint/tire pkg - straight up lies!
I get the lease and he has changed the agreed upon price by $595 -unaccountable anywhere ese.

First, he tells me these lies about protection/maintenance stuff.

BUT here's my dilema -
It's one day before end of month and want to place my order to get my spot.
I don't want to piss anybody off and possibly lose the buy/ allocation spot Could that happen this far into it? There are no builds anywhere with my specs.

I'm leasing and am set on protection. This is what he tells me-
Wheel/Tire $1995 with $699 for Ding Sheild =$2694!
This guy tells me I MUST buy the Ultimate care plus pkg for $1400 (double the MSRP clearly stated on the website,) if I want this "special pricing"! And if I don't buy UC plus maintenance, I won't be able to buy extended coverage in the future should I choose to buy the vehicle. I can't find anything that supports that. Is there truth to this?

He continues to tell me Roadside assistance is only available if I buy these packages!

Everything has been straight forward and then this! Just leaves such a bad taste. If I didn't want this x5, I would walk away.
So who do I complain to? He is the boss!

The deal is 10% off MSRP with a higher MF. (.00133) I can settle for, but this blatant lying is just sleezy.

Also what are your thoughts on an agreed upon price which comes back $595 more when I get the lease. I've tried four times thru the sales guy and he pretends no to know and gives me 3 diff numbers that don't make sense!

The agreed upon price is just that, msrp -% off and that's it. it shouldn't change you can add from there but agreed price is static and on the sheet he gave me at the start.

Thoughts to pull this guy into line?
One thing I plan to do if/once we get it squared I will want to use MSD's, max it out. Can he say that will take too long and is that true?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 12:26 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Sounds like a frustrating situation. I would take my business elsewhere.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 12:29 AM   #3
zztops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i (N26) F30 M SPORT

Why are financials being ironed out before the car is even delivered? Is this typical in different states. Here in CA nothing is set in stone until you take delivery of vehicle. Just go find another dealer, or a broker. Also, that MF is a giant sac of turd.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2021, 01:28 AM   #4
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Walk away, don't deal with their shadiness. You will find another build slot, ordering before the end of the month has nothing to do with it. Its not a dilemma and don't let they pressure you into thinking it is. They pissed you off, why do they deserve your business? Why are you accepting a higher MF when you know the base is lower? Doesn't matter if you plan to use multiple MSDs, when you are starting with a higher MF. Your 10% off is likely negated with the higher MF, but would have to sit an run all the numbers to know for sure. And why are you spending all that money on protection and care if you just plan to turn the car in in 3 years? If you are even thinking about buying the car, do it now and take advantage of the 1.9% (0.9% on 45e) rate that is available. Take your business to another dealer. Doesn't matter where you buy from if your are still thinking about doing PCD.
      04-30-2021, 05:23 AM   #5
todd92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 ZHP, 19 X5 xDrive40i

You're worried about pissing off a F&I thief? Tell them NO to everything. If you really want to those useless, overpriced insurance and maintenance packages, buy them from another dealer online at a competitive price after you've left with your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 07:55 AM   #6
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Why are you accepting a higher MF when you know the base is lower? Doesn't matter if you plan to use multiple MSDs, when you are starting with a higher MF. Your 10% off is likely negated with the higher MF, but would have to sit an run all the numbers to know for sure.
Evaluated the difference between 0.00133 (3.19%) vs base 0.00093 (2.23%) is $40/mo or $1440 given the MSRP of their build.

Think I have good deal, Insight on negotiating fees charges before lease pls. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1820573

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 10:07 AM   #7
tracy8282
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i x Gran Coupe (gone),

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Evaluated the difference between 0.00133 (3.19%) vs base 0.00093 (2.23%) is $40/mo or $1440 given the MSRP of their build.

Think I have good deal, Insight on negotiating fees charges before lease pls. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1820573
Yes, your previous comment was helpful. Thank you. I'm just looking for frames of reference. Yes, I did go to Leasehackr and then had more questions. It's just a frustrating process and then when the people that are supposed to provide the info (dealers) are so underhanded, it just sours everything. I understand how they earn their bad rep.
I only have these forums to ask questions and feel intimidated by that now too. I'm just trying to figure out how to do this and have more questions than answers.
What might be obvious to an experienced person is not always the case with others.
I appreciate you responding.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 07:29 PM   #8
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I would walk on principle alone. I never buy any of those protection packages and certainly not if they try to force it on me. Seems like they are trying to recoop anywhere and everywhere they can on your 10% off msrp "deal"

Typically custom order X cars takes 4 weeks from order to delivery in the north east. Not sure how much covid pushed this back though.
      05-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #9
JamRWS6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

First of all, Roadside is included without buying anything extra. I can understand your frustration feeling they are changing the deal on you but in a lot of ways you have to look at yourself not understanding all of the numbers. If you did not explicitly negotiate selling price, the MF (plus any MSDs), and your intended mileage allowance you wanted you didn't negotiate the deal correctly. If you understood those components there would be absolutely no surprises. Get one of these lease calculator sheets and put it on your phone and learn how to use it. Dealers have access to calculate the deal and move numbers around; do yourself a service and have a fighting chance by having your own access.
I personally have the BMW lease calc sheet I have modified extensively. I negotiate by giving them my offer price, base money rate + MSDs and tell them the monthly I come up with. When they change the deal you can get to their numbers to easily see what they are doing.
I understand a slight MF markup if you are getting a killer deal but they are making every bit of that "awesome" 10% off MSRP back on the financing in your case. I paid a small markup on the MF when I bought my F80 M3 but the car was 13% off pre-incentives. If you understand how the calcs work you will understand if you feel comfortable with the deal and can easily see if they are taking advantage. Most will try to make up that discount on the financing side.
Best of luck in your search and hopefully you can come to terms with them on a deal you are happy with.
Appreciate 0