Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
I've had a few dealer software upgrades at the beginning to activate the cornering lights and few other things. Since than this was my second OTA update. I didn't see anything new. I'll have recode the Climate Rules as it relates to the passenger and rear seats and a bunch of other stuff.
What did you use to code the passenger climate control rules with?
I used the BimmerCode App in Expert Mode to code Passenger and Rear Seats.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #90
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
I heard that it doesn't stick. You program it but then it disappears.

How long has it been coded? Can you share the coding section for the passenger seating?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #91
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Let me clarify- the coding sticks, the settings within idrive get removed after a profile refresh. Auto high beam assist gets unset too.

All the settings are exactly as I posted them including the passenger and rear seats.

Since i reset the car settings, both wheel heating and auto HBA is working fine (so far) without any coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 03:50 PM   #92
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

I just went ahead and upgraded to 11/2020.50 this afternoon. As everyone else said, it does delete the 'headed steering wheel rule' from the climate control rules setting.

Before I deleted my driver profile, I made sure that 'sync settings from connected drive' was enabled. Then I went and deleted my Driver Profile, and readded it to the vehicle. And the seat heating rule was back.

Doing this you lose all your seat/mirror settings, and a bunch of other settings too. It's just best to go through all the settings and check what's changed. A bunch of my stuff was set back to default and maybe it would have come back if I had let the vehicle alone and let it download the settings from ConnectedDrive, but I went ahead and added everything back manually.

Last edited by thereef510; 03-20-2021 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
Paladin15556.00
      03-20-2021, 06:39 PM   #93
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I heard that it doesn't stick. You program it but then it disappears.

How long has it been coded? Can you share the coding section for the passenger seating?
You have to do all 5.

Steering wheel auto heat activation:

Under "Body Dom Control" - EXPERT MODE

Section: PFlinRE - search LHZ & IKF
1) LHZ_CCM_IKF: aktiv
2) IKF_ENABLE: ikf_alle_sitze

Under "Head Unit" - EXPERT MODE

Section: HU_MGU/3E52 (on G05)
3) AKT_AUTO_LENKRADHEIZUNG: aktiv

Seat heat/cool auto activation:

Section: HU_MGU/3E52 (on G05) - search AKT
4) AKT_AUTO_SITZE_FOND: heizung (for rear seat heating)
5) AKT_AUTO_SITZE_FRONT: heizung_kuehlung (for front seat heating and cooling)

Use heizung for just heating and kuehlung for just cooling
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #94
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You have to do all 5.

Steering wheel auto heat activation:

Under "Body Dom Control" - EXPERT MODE

Section: PFlinRE - search LHZ & IKF
1) LHZ_CCM_IKF: aktiv
2) IKF_ENABLE: ikf_alle_sitze

Section: HU_MGU/3E52 (on G05)
3) AKT_AUTO_LENKRADHEIZUNG: aktiv

Seat heat/cool auto activation:

Section: HU_MGU/3E52 (on G05) - search AKT
4) AKT_AUTO_SITZE_FOND: heizung (for rear seat heating)
5) AKT_AUTO_SITZE_FRONT: heizung_kuehlung (for front seat heating and cooling)

Use heizung for just heating and kuehlung for just cooling
Thank You for this information. I appreciate it. I'll check this out soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:47 PM   #95
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I did notice one change with the update yesterday when I was driving around.

The Lane Keep "Steering Intervention" has been significantly reduced with this update. Previously, the Lane Keep Steering Intervention was pretty aggressive. For some, it was almost alarming it was so aggressive.

Since the update the intervention is significantly reduced. So much so that I think they might have gone to far in the opposite direction. I had to check it several times because sometimes I couldn't even feel the tug of the steering wheel.

Perhaps there's some additional settings that came with this update that weren't there previously.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 10:38 PM   #96
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
The Lane Keep "Steering Intervention" has been significantly reduced with this update. Previously, the Lane Keep Steering Intervention was pretty aggressive. For some, it was almost alarming it was so aggressive.
so you're saying the strength of the steering intervention is reduced despite staying at the same, pre-update level in the settings? Or did the default strength change to REDUCED with the update? There's already a setting in iDrive to change the strength to your liking. I purposely set mine to REDUCED a few days after buying my car.
Appreciate 1
ramparts1120.00
      03-21-2021, 12:05 AM   #97
VancityBMW
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 40i

I had my vehicle serviced two weeks back and I noticed my G05 is now running 11/2020.64 anyone else have this version installed?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 01:55 AM   #98
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
so you're saying the strength of the steering intervention is reduced despite staying at the same, pre-update level in the settings?
This!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 04:20 AM   #99
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Just managed to update this, as vehicle hasn't been used battery levels were too low. Left on charger overnight and it completed.
We now have 'Rules for Air Conditioning' which is where the auto seat controls are found? Thought it a bit odd to stick them there but hey ho
UK version images attached. Lost coding of displays, ADV and the usual etc. not driven yet but seamless update
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 04:37 AM   #100
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Thank You for this information. I appreciate it. I'll check this out soon.
Huh? Isn't this the same coding I gave you a couple of days ago. It's my original coding, but I advise against using it with 11/2020 and later:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=87

Quote:
I did notice one change with the update yesterday when I was driving around.

Since the update the intervention is significantly reduced. So much so that I think they might have gone to far in the opposite direction. I had to check it several times because sometimes I couldn't even feel the tug of the steering wheel.

Perhaps there's some additional settings that came with this update that weren't there previously.
I've seen a difference with the steering intervention but I thought it came with 03/2021.

With Drive Assist engaged on an urban road, previously it would always attempt to keep in lane unless you were following another vehicle. This could result in you crashing into a stationary object without driver intervention. The options previously were to:
1) force the car over the line against steering intervention, which disengages steering assist OR
2) press the indicator stalk, which disengages the steering assist and allows the car to cross the line without resistance.

My current system, with Drive Assist engaged, will allow you to apply light pressure to cross the line to avoid a parked obstacle. It then gently moves you back into the lane after passing the obstacle(s) without ever disengaging the SWA and drive assist continues throughout.

Does yours do that? I wasn't sure if it was native coding or something custom.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #101
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I just went ahead and upgraded to 11/2020.50 this afternoon. As everyone else said, it does delete the 'headed steering wheel rule' from the climate control rules setting.

Before I deleted my driver profile, I made sure that 'sync settings from connected drive' was enabled. Then I went and deleted my Driver Profile, and readded it to the vehicle. And the seat heating rule was back.

Doing this you lose all your seat/mirror settings, and a bunch of other settings too. It's just best to go through all the settings and check what's changed. A bunch of my stuff was set back to default and maybe it would have come back if I had let the vehicle alone and let it download the settings from ConnectedDrive, but I went ahead and added everything back manually.
Worked - thanks! Looks like it did retain some settings, but all of the shortcut buttons were deleted and had to be re-added (PITA). Still can't tell that it really did anything except add the (to me) useless Laptimer app.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #102
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Huh? Isn't this the same coding I gave you a couple of days ago. It's my original coding, but I advise against using it with 11/2020 and later:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=87

I've seen a difference with the steering intervention but I thought it came with 03/2021.

With Drive Assist engaged on an urban road, previously it would always attempt to keep in lane unless you were following another vehicle. This could result in you crashing into a stationary object without driver intervention. The options previously were to:
1) force the car over the line against steering intervention, which disengages steering assist OR
2) press the indicator stalk, which disengages the steering assist and allows the car to cross the line without resistance.

My current system, with Drive Assist engaged, will allow you to apply light pressure to cross the line to avoid a parked obstacle. It then gently moves you back into the lane after passing the obstacle(s) without ever disengaging the SWA and drive assist continues throughout.

Does yours do that? I wasn't sure if it was native coding or something custom.
Actually, that was a response to @jmciver. I guess I wasn't putting two and two together when I read that post. I apologize. I'm not trying to disregard your posts. I just get a bit scatter brained with so many posts and many on the same topic but different threads. Once I get detailed instructions in a thread I email that specific thread to myself for future reference. I didn't see it in my emails so I asked for the instructions again. Sorry.

On the steering intervention, it was very aggressive when you drifted over the lane marker and jerked you back in the lane. You could override it by forcefully wrestling the wheel to continue the current trajectory. It was quite alarming at times.

Now you barely notice it. When you drift across the lane marker the steering wheel barely vibrates and the steering intervention is now very minimal. Almost to the point where it needs to be adjusted to a slightly more aggressive setting.

I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet but I will look more closely and play with the settings later this week.
Appreciate 2
ifr1198.00
thereef5101165.00
      03-21-2021, 06:15 PM   #103
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
so you're saying the strength of the steering intervention is reduced despite staying at the same, pre-update level in the settings? Or did the default strength change to REDUCED with the update? There's already a setting in iDrive to change the strength to your liking. I purposely set mine to REDUCED a few days after buying my car.
Keep in mind that reduced does not effect the intensity of the steering correction. Reduced suppresses some warnings/corrections. If you want the softest steering correction most have the best experience with Early.
Attached Images

03-21-2021, 06:28 PM   #104
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
when set to REDUCED, I still get a highlighted yellow lane divider in the cluster's ADV as well as steering wheel vibration + correction. prior to setting it to REDUCED on several occasions, the steering wheel violently tried to correct my path as i was driving over crosswalk markings in an intersection while going about 40mph even though i was in the center of the driving lane! this has only happened once since setting it to REDUCED. i will do further testing with EARLY.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #105
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post

Worked - thanks! Looks like it did retain some settings, but all of the shortcut buttons were deleted and had to be re-added (PITA). Still can't tell that it really did anything except add the (to me) useless Laptimer app.
Well I went on a long drive and noticed two things that never happened before:

When I was using the auto drive, every time the speed limit changed or I was over the limit, the heads up display gave me a "set" icon that I could use to push the set button on the steering wheel to conform to that limit. I had this feature enabled since the start in "speed limit assistance" but it's only now that I've been able to actually use it.

Now, whenever I get to my destination and stop the engine, I get a "goodbye thereef510!" message on the left side of the screen, along with any notifications. That never happened before (I would only get the "goodbye" message if I was running low on fuel; I even made a thread about it asking if there was a way to get that screen every time), when I stopped the engine it would just stay on whatever screen I was on until I either opened the door or held down the volume button to trigger idrive to turn off with the bmw animation.

I've also noticed that auto drive doesn't disengage if you grab the steering wheel to make some minor corrections or swerve to avoid a pothole.

Last edited by thereef510; 03-22-2021 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:45 AM   #106
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi,

I noticed in the iDrive pictures posted by @TK-421 that his car had an M LapTimer App.

Is that App part of 11/2020 update or is it an "optional" App you have to purchase (like Drive Recorder)?

Thanks

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 07:01 AM   #107
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

It is a free app with 11/2020 software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Hi,

I noticed in the iDrive pictures posted by @TK-421 that his car had an M LapTimer App.

Is that App part of 11/2020 update or is it an "optional" App you have to purchase (like Drive Recorder)?

Thanks
Appreciate 1
RSnic657.50
      03-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #108
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
what do the last two digits of the i-Step version number mean? I have 11/2020.38 but I've also seen .42, .50, .52, .54, .60...
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2021, 09:19 AM   #109
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
what do the last two digits of the i-Step version number mean? I have 11/2020.38 but I've also seen .42, .50, .52, .54, .60...
Minor revision within the major 4 month releases.
      03-22-2021, 03:32 PM   #110
Stolenfire
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawzy44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Might be moving up from an X3, so does a 2021 BMW X5 xDrive40i (and 2020 BMW X5 xDrive40i for that matter) can received OTA updates?
In theory, yes. But I know a number of Canadian X5/X7s that have NEVER received an OTA update -mine included.

Some Canadians on the forum say they have received ota, so who knows.

If you plan on getting a new or cpo X5 from a dealer, i'd recommend you negotiate an update before delivery (or pay the $300).
Can confirmed that I have received 2 OTA updates in my MY20 X6 in Canada so far including the latest one.
Appreciate 1
JJ 911SC22429.00