07-03-2023, 01:49 PM   #23
walketed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50e - 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
A bmw dealer won’t leave you stranded they will call bmw of North America if they have exhausted all resources and trying to fix and they will recommend that they take it back
Not in my case. The dealer said this is BMW NA´s problem because there are no parts to fix the car. Yes, they recommended they buy back the car and they said a resounding NO. I just have two options. 1) Wait for them to fix the car. 2) Wait for them to fix the car and sue them and get my money back in 9 months.

Judging by everyone's similar problem, the dealers nor BMW are doing enough. I hope the government reads these forums and give us a hand, it's really not fair having to confront a 74 billion company by ourselves. We are not asking for something out of this world, just what every other company would do, replace or refund.
Appreciate 1
swainbmw525.50
      07-03-2023, 01:52 PM   #24
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by walketed View Post
Not in my case. The dealer said this is BMW NA´s problem because there are no parts to fix the car. Yes, they recommended they buy back the car and they said a resounding NO. I just have two options. 1) Wait for them to fix the car. 2) Wait for them to fix the car and sue them and get my money back in 9 months.

Judging by everyone's similar problem, the dealers nor BMW are doing enough. I hope the government reads these forums and give us a hand, it's really not fair having to confront a 74 billion company by ourselves. We are not asking for something out of this world, just what every other company would do, replace or refund
That’s horrible on bmw part . I have told several people to buy these x5 hybrid I’ll be showing them this so they will not buy they are actually waiting for them to be delivered to dealers also bmw should stop production of this car until it’s fully figured out. I would also ask for bmw to make pmt till it’s fixed and supply a loner
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 01:57 PM   #25
walketed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50e - 2024

They haven't stopped production because it looks like it's a bad batch of the affected part. The sad part here is that they should give existing customers priority and then release new vehicles from the factory, meaning they do have parts, they just don't want to use them to repair their brand new cars. It looks like some BMW manager doesn't know how to think long term.
Appreciate 1
swainbmw525.50
      02-11-2024, 06:58 PM   #26
eddief
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 m550i , 2024 x5

I picked up my first x5 back in April of 23. Went in for the same issues with a flickering screen loss of power. Dealer told me there is about 2 pages of engine malfunction codes and they wanted to replace the motor….. car had about 1000 miles and my wife was 7 months pregnant. So I was dealing with hormones and BMW of North America… I finally got a buy back approval and bmw bought the car back full pop.

Now on my second x5 and it is night and day difference. Engine has so much more power than the old one and I specd this one out how we wanted for our family car.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 10:00 PM   #27
E91toG05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

I hope the government has better things to do than read the forums of luxury cars lol. Your car broke. It’s being fixed. Yeah it stinks but this feels like a little too much.
Appreciate 1
davchr80.50