BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-12-2024, 09:48 AM   #1
AndrewG25
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Constant locking sounds

After locking my 50e and walking away, I hear constant clicking sounds like the physical lock keeps trying to lock, I just figured they would stop eventually, but someone who stayed in the car said that it doesn't stop and keeps going. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Known issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 10:05 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG25 View Post
After locking my 50e and walking away, I hear constant clicking sounds like the physical lock keeps trying to lock, I just figured they would stop eventually, but someone who stayed in the car said that it doesn't stop and keeps going. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Known issue?
what’s the key situation? using key fob or phone? are they on your person and you’re near the vehicle? have Comfort Access “lock when walking away/unlock when approaching” features enabled?

I recommend disabling those Comfort Access features and repeating the scenario
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 10:23 AM   #3
AndrewG25
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Have both key fob and phone configured and on me, and that comfort access feature is enabled. I imagine that disabling that feature will make it stop, but a good troubleshooting step to try, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 01:52 PM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
I think nZtiZia is on the right track, assuming your car isn't defective in this regard but this is what I would do.. ..

- In iDrive, disable all settings/features related to locking/unlocking
- Reboot iDrive
- Do a test. If all is well, enable the settings you disabled one by one with a test in-between each setting.

To simplify the test, leave your enabled phone in the house and turned off, just use the key fob initially. If you can get it working properly with everything enabled the way you want using your key fob, then you can introduce your phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 06:52 PM   #5
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Quote:
I get this sometimes in my 24 m60i as well. It seems to happen to me when I have the trunk open and I am walking away. I do have comfort access options on.

It seems to be trying to lock the doors but can't since a door is open.

I have not heard this when all doors are closed and locked.
Appreciate 0