otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 g05

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Drive the car around the block.
To let airbag adjust.

I bet you did the front first and the rear last.
So when you lift the car up, the bag is filled with air (vacuuming air due to the weight of suspension assembly).

hey RG, i just bought the link from you and about to install. I normally just drive comfort and not much in sport mode at all but i do want that sport mode riding height. can i just follow the direction was given in the lowering link package without coding my car to start in sport by default ? i dont drive in sport anyways so im not afraid of dropping it too low by activate sport mode
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      12-13-2021, 07:20 PM   #68
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by otommytruongo View Post
hey RG, i just bought the link from you and about to install. I normally just drive comfort and not much in sport mode at all but i do want that sport mode riding height. can i just follow the direction was given in the lowering link package without coding my car to start in sport by default ? i dont drive in sport anyways so im not afraid of dropping it too low by activate sport mode
Code it to start at sport individual where you can pick engine, suspension, and steering mode.
So, with that, it will start at sport individual with setting Engine - Comfort, Suspension - Sport, and Steering (whichever you pick).
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 09:11 PM   #69
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 g05

Quote:
Code it to start at sport individual where you can pick engine, suspension, and steering mode.
So, with that, it will start at sport individual with setting Engine - Comfort, Suspension - Sport, and Steering (whichever you pick).
I know that. But my question is that can i have my car on comfort mode and then install the link.?? Because in the intruction you sent eith the link i purchased. It stated that to have it in sport mode setting prior to install
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      12-13-2021, 09:47 PM   #70
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by otommytruongo View Post
Quote:
I know that. But my question is that can i have my car on comfort mode and then install the link.?? Because in the intruction you sent eith the link i purchased. It stated that to have it in sport mode setting prior to install
Yes, you can. But don't go lower than my recommendation, because if you switch to sport, it will lower more and you'll rub.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
Forgiven121.50
      02-12-2022, 02:42 AM   #71
kerim
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Just finished install of RGSPORT drop links on my newly delivered (today) MY22.
Straight home from dealer into my garage for mods

With the correct tools and Ben's instructions install was a breeze. Just raised car to highest setting and no need for wheel removal

What is the final height everyone is getting on loading after drop link install, from floor to wheel arch
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-15-2022, 05:18 PM   #72
solehead74
Rep
Drives: F80

Car looks great!! Been trying to figure something for mine. I have a 22" m50i and every shop i've asked said there are no lowering options for my model. Anyone else having this issue??
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 08:43 AM   #73
Smoothie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerim View Post

With the correct tools and Ben's instructions install was a breeze. Just raised car to highest setting and no need for wheel removal

What is the final height everyone is getting on loading after drop link install, from floor to wheel arch
Wow looks great!
Can you provide your measurements in comfort, sport and loading?
Also, how much did you shorten/lengthen the end links?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 02:21 PM   #74
boostedtwin
Sheriff
Rep
Drives: spyder, Macan GTS, 4xe Rubicon

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
07 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtz1wickedest View Post
Another note to add if you go super low it rides like a Honda on cut springs and you get a chasis malifuntion message when entering loading mode just putting it out there for future installers. Went with recommended adjustments and rides perfect.

First pic was super low and getting errors.

Second pic looks level and rides perfect.
how low did you go on that pic? How many mm on the links? I am assuming that is on sport mode (second light inside cabin)?

thanks
      02-17-2022, 03:23 AM   #75
kerim
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerim View Post

Wow looks great!
Can you provide your measurements in comfort, sport and loading?
Also, how much did you shorten/lengthen the end links?
I just followed instructions by RGSport

Measured on flat ground, bottom of guard to floor

Standard mode is approx 800mm
Loading mode is approx 760mm
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 08:28 PM   #76
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Can you not install the lowering links one wheel at a time, asking since I dont have two jacks.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 11:03 AM   #77
Joph Weud
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Unhappy Question to Ninefourteener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Figured this might help a few people out. Full installation and adjustment took less than 2 hours. SUPER easy.

I figured it would be easier to install them now, and just adjust them when the new wheels arrive.... rather than doing the full install + adjustments then.

My measurements are moderate intentionally. I did a 1/2 inch front drop, and a 1-inch rear drop, which to me, was perfect. I can go lower if I need to when the new wheels arrive. The measurements I provided, are based upon those standards.

This install is SO easy.... my instructions are pretty quick, because they don't need to be in-depth. Total time was under 2 hours, and that included taking pictures, writing down measurements, etc.

Easiest suspension install I've done in 25 years..... and I've done a lot.

Tools required:
Hairdryer/heat gun
8mm box wrench
10mm box wrench
Large screwdriver/pry tool
Small pair of pliers.

That's it..... literally.

Couple things to consider;

1. Front links need to be EXTENDED LONGER than OEM to lower the car. (Longer links go on the front)
2. Rear links need to be SHORTENED from OEM to lower the car. (Shorter links go on the rear)
3. You do NOT need to remove any of the wheels to install links, but you do need 2 floor jacks to be able to get the rear end up high enough to lay under the car comfortably.
4. Front jacking height to access = tires just barely touching ground.
5. Rear jacking height to access = tires 4 inches above ground.
6. Location of front links, = just aft of suspension, directly above tire.
7. Location of rear links = just forward of axle, just above control arm
8. To remove links, it helps to use a hairdryer or heat gun to heat up the ball/socket.
9. ALWAYS be sure to disconnect the electrical connector before you remove the OEM links. Don't forget to re-install it before taking the car off the jacks. Electrical connector is simple, no tools required. Squeeze and pull.
10. MAKE SURE THE CAR IS OFF.... NOTHING IS RUNNING..... NOT IDRIVE..... NOT THE RADIO..... NOTHING.

Let's start with OEM sport mode setting. Fender to center of hub = 16.75 inches.

Jack the front of the car up on both sides.

Locate links. Unplug connection. Adjust new links accordingly, install new links. Super easy.

I´ve just intstalled BBM Links, but can´t see any difference in height. did extend with 3mm in front and shortened 2 mm in rear. But the car still has the height as OEM....What did I do wrong...any suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 04:39 PM   #78
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joph Weud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Figured this might help a few people out. Full installation and adjustment took less than 2 hours. SUPER easy.

I figured it would be easier to install them now, and just adjust them when the new wheels arrive.... rather than doing the full install + adjustments then.

My measurements are moderate intentionally. I did a 1/2 inch front drop, and a 1-inch rear drop, which to me, was perfect. I can go lower if I need to when the new wheels arrive. The measurements I provided, are based upon those standards.

This install is SO easy.... my instructions are pretty quick, because they don't need to be in-depth. Total time was under 2 hours, and that included taking pictures, writing down measurements, etc.

Easiest suspension install I've done in 25 years..... and I've done a lot.

Tools required:
Hairdryer/heat gun
8mm box wrench
10mm box wrench
Large screwdriver/pry tool
Small pair of pliers.

That's it..... literally.

Couple things to consider;

1. Front links need to be EXTENDED LONGER than OEM to lower the car. (Longer links go on the front)
2. Rear links need to be SHORTENED from OEM to lower the car. (Shorter links go on the rear)
3. You do NOT need to remove any of the wheels to install links, but you do need 2 floor jacks to be able to get the rear end up high enough to lay under the car comfortably.
4. Front jacking height to access = tires just barely touching ground.
5. Rear jacking height to access = tires 4 inches above ground.
6. Location of front links, = just aft of suspension, directly above tire.
7. Location of rear links = just forward of axle, just above control arm
8. To remove links, it helps to use a hairdryer or heat gun to heat up the ball/socket.
9. ALWAYS be sure to disconnect the electrical connector before you remove the OEM links. Don't forget to re-install it before taking the car off the jacks. Electrical connector is simple, no tools required. Squeeze and pull.
10. MAKE SURE THE CAR IS OFF.... NOTHING IS RUNNING..... NOT IDRIVE..... NOT THE RADIO..... NOTHING.

Let's start with OEM sport mode setting. Fender to center of hub = 16.75 inches.

Jack the front of the car up on both sides.

Locate links. Unplug connection. Adjust new links accordingly, install new links. Super easy.

I´ve just intstalled BBM Links, but can´t see any difference in height. did extend with 3mm in front and shortened 2 mm in rear. But the car still has the height as OEM....What did I do wrong...any suggestions.
Did you get it figured out?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 09:20 PM   #79
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

I installed the front BBM links, you dont need to use a car jack (15 minutes per side).

1) Raise the car to the highest setting and lock the car.
2) Disconnect the air suspension's sensor, it is located behind the OEM link.
3) Use a hair dryer/heat gun to make removal of the top part of the OEM link easier. Use a small socket wrench to remove the bottom part of the OEM link.
4) The OEM link is 71mm, measured from center to center of the ball socket.
5) Use the longer BBM link and extend it by 10mm, measured from center to center of the ball socket. This will lower the front 1 inch in all settings (max, elevated, comfort, sport, loading).
6) Make sure the ball sockets of the BBM links have been locked
7) Connect the sensor.
8) Drive the car for a mile.

You can adjust the front BBM links without having to remove them in case additional adjustments are required. Always disconnect the sensor before making any adjustments.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-16-2022, 08:21 AM   #80
Smoothie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

2) Disconnect the air suspension's sensor.

How do you 'lock the car' and disconnect the air suspension sensor?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 08:48 AM   #81
Joph Weud
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
I installed the front BBM links, you dont need to use a car jack (15 minutes per side).

3) Use a hair dryer/heat gun to make removal of the top part of the OEM link easier. Use a small socket wrench to remove the bottom part of the OEM link.
4) The OEM link is 71mm, measured from center to center of the ball socket.
5) Use the longer BBM link and extend it by 10mm, measured from center to center of the ball socket. This will lower the front 1 inch in all settings (max, elevated, comfort, sport, loading).
6) Connect the sensor.
7) Drive the car for a mile.

You can adjust the front BBM links without having to remove them in case additional adjustments are required. Always disconnect the sensor before making any adjustments.
Thanks, it helped. Those 10mm made a differens, in comparsion with my earlier 2 and 3mm 💪🏽
Can't understand why 2-3 worked for others, but now solved so why bother 🤗
Don't know how to add pictures, but it looks super!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 11:12 AM   #82
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post

How do you 'lock the car' and disconnect the air suspension sensor?

Thanks!
The air suspension's sensor is behind the OEM link, updated the previous post as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 09:26 PM   #83
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

My rear BBM link got disconnected, car threw a chassis code, the packaged M6x35mm threaded rods are not long enough. I went ahead and bought a set of M6x50mm threaded rods from Amazon and then used a Dremel to cut them to 42mm.

How do you clear the chassis code?
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2022, 08:11 PM   #84
NYCX5M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i executive/DHP

Jelous. I have adaptive and installing MSS coil overs and it'll still look like a monster truck next to yours. looks nuts
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #85
lkruses
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw F10 M5,Bmw G05 2023

Hi
Bought my links from baanVelgen and they suggested 6mm longer in front and 6mm shorter in rear, I did 7mm front and rear, the car ended ca 25mm lower.
Received chassi error, had to adjust the rear links 1 turn longer on the treads. So I think the rear is about 5mm, the car ended up perfect low and nice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Afjeld1008.00
      07-27-2022, 02:19 PM   #86
NoTorqueSteer
Rep
Drives: 335

Hi guys. New to BMW here and was wondering if these lowering links are specifically for the X5 45e with the air suspension?

I read through this thread and it appears there are several different factory suspension settings (5?). I briefly looked at an X5 and the salesman reached in and hit a button on the dash while standing outside of the X5 and it dropped about two inches. Is that the lowest factory setting or can it go lower for getting in and out of the vehicle easily. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #87
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTorqueSteer View Post
Hi guys. New to BMW here and was wondering if these lowering links are specifically for the X5 45e with the air suspension?

I read through this thread and it appears there are several different factory suspension settings (5?). I briefly looked at an X5 and the salesman reached in and hit a button on the dash while standing outside of the X5 and it dropped about two inches. Is that the lowest factory setting or can it go lower for getting in and out of the vehicle easily. Thanks.
r33_RGSport lowering links work for the 45e. i ordered but haven't installed yet. check out photos from Afjeld though i believe his links are by BBM but should be similar results.

the 45e does have a LOAD level, but know that going too low with links will trigger a chassis error
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      07-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #88
longkl
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

That looks perfect
Appreciate 0