BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-09-2024, 06:46 PM   #1
MadRed
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G06/X6

I have a rattle that I have a hard time diagnosing. It comes from the area above passenger seatbelt pillar. Right where the middle pillar connect to the roof liner. Seems very difficult to take off all the trim to look for it.

Any suggestions or diagrams of how to take those sections apart?

I already took apart both rear doors and put them back together after making sure all new clips are used, all wires are insulated and harnessed. Doors are better than ever. I can do any type of work in the car but this seems a bit difficult and unknown.

Any advice would be welcome. I am armed with all kind of felt tape, but need help. If anyone encountered similar rattle let me know the way to solve it.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 08:13 PM   #2
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

The top of the b-pillar trim which you speak of is pretty easy to remove. It slots into the headliner so after unclipping the bottom section of that top piece, it needs to be pulled down from the top to free it entirely.

The bottom section of b-pillar trim is a bit of a PITA because you really need to remove all the door sill sections first.
Appreciate 1
MadRed5.00
      02-12-2024, 06:38 PM   #3
MadRed
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G06/X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
The top of the b-pillar trim which you speak of is pretty easy to remove. It slots into the headliner so after unclipping the bottom section of that top piece, it needs to be pulled down from the top to free it entirely.

The bottom section of b-pillar trim is a bit of a PITA because you really need to remove all the door sill sections first.
Thank you. Got it removed and did not find anything loose in there. 🤬🤬🤬

Hmmmm 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Appreciate 0