BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Just ordered my first BMW here in the UK. Below spec + small touches all promised by BMW before collection. Have I missed anything? What do you guys think to this build?

BMW X5 45e in Black Sapphire
M Sport Plus Package
-M Sport brakes
-High gloss shadow line
-M seat belts
-Privacy glass
-Dynamic safety
Technology Package
-Harman kardon
-Head up display
-Gesture Control
-Drive recorder
-Parking assist plus
-Display key
22" 742 M Alloys (in Black)
Air suspension (standard in UK)
Sky Lounge Panoramic glass roof
M Multi-function seats
Glass application
Piano Black Trim
Carbon fibre M mirrors
Carbon fibre rear M diffuser
Badge deletion (replaced with black gloss style)
L.E.D Door Projectors (M logo)
Floating wheel hub caps

Looking forward to sharing some stuff on here. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
SDRX204.00
      02-28-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Seems like a great build, although we don't get the electric version this side of the pond yet. Don't mention air suspension but I understood was standard there? Would be essential for me with 22". Look forward to your pics, and congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Seems like a great build, although we don't get the electric version this side of the pond yet. Don't mention air suspension but I understood was standard there? Would be essential for me with 22". Look forward to your pics, and congrats!
Thanks,
Yeh the air suspension is standard here on this particular model. I think there's quite a few things we get standard here.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #4
Bancroft
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

My sky lounge panoramic glass roof is not reliable. It stopped working 2 weeks ago so I put it in to my dealership. They fixed it but it stopped working a few days later. So they need to fix it again.

Plus comfort access opens my tailgate when its raining by itself. They need to fix the sensor.

Just something to be aware of.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #5
jimbg
Private
Rep
Drives: LR Discovery 5

Welcome to the 45e waiting room!

I ordered mine at the end of January with a promised June delivery, what are they telling you?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

I would drop the display key, and see if you can add the isolated windows and rear axle steering. I’m enjoying both very much on my 45e. If you are early in the ordering process you can still change stuff. Good luck with the long wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #7
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Welcome to the 45e waiting room!

I ordered mine at the end of January with a promised June delivery, what are they telling you?
I've been told similar although I have nothing in writing. Any later than June and I'd be tempted to push it back to the 21 plate.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
I would drop the display key, and see if you can add the isolated windows and rear axle steering. I’m enjoying both very much on my 45e. If you are early in the ordering process you can still change stuff. Good luck with the long wait!
So I've actually been told BMW are dropping the display key altogether and by the time I get my car BMW I'll no longer be offering them.

Can you elaborate on the isolated windows and rear axel steering? I don't believe these are options in the UK. Maybe standard? Or just not available.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #9
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancroft View Post
My sky lounge panoramic glass roof is not reliable. It stopped working 2 weeks ago so I put it in to my dealership. They fixed it but it stopped working a few days later. So they need to fix it again.

Plus comfort access opens my tailgate when its raining by itself. They need to fix the sensor.

Just something to be aware of.
That's disappointing. The price of this Sky roof is high too compared to other pan roofs out there. Do you know if the electrical problems are becoming a trend or are you just unfortunately having problems?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #10
Bancroft
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Dav View Post
That's disappointing. The price of this Sky roof is high too compared to other pan roofs out there. Do you know if the electrical problems are becoming a trend or are you just unfortunately having problems?
Yeah exactly: it's not cheap and it's the first thing that broke only two weeks after delivery. I haven't had any other issues with the car itself.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #11
BMPHIL
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M60i

Quote:
I've been told similar although I have nothing in writing. Any later than June and I'd be tempted to push it back to the 21 plate.
Do you mean the 70 plate?.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #12
jimbg
Private
Rep
Drives: LR Discovery 5

Quote:
So I've actually been told BMW are dropping the display key altogether and by the time I get my car BMW I'll no longer be offering them.

Can you elaborate on the isolated windows and rear axel steering? I don't believe these are options in the UK. Maybe standard? Or just not available.
I think isolated windows is Acoustic glazing (£495) and rear axle steering is Integral Active Steering (£995)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:54 AM   #13
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
I think isolated windows is Acoustic glazing (£495) and rear axle steering is Integral Active Steering (£995)
Yes those are the ones I was referring to!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 02:33 AM   #14
BryanC84
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M Sport

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Waiting on my 45e too! Been told June 30th.. but if theres a backlog and issues with battery supply, I expect it to slip.

I left off the sun lounge on mine as I'm sick of my kids wanting it open when its throwing it down 😂

Interestingly, I wasnt offered anything like floating caps or carbon wing mirrors.
I was going to change them myself after getting the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 03:11 AM   #15
Popp
Finland
Rep
Drives: Looking for a BMW G30 530e

Quote:

I understood that the Display key is good for preheating/cooling the car, since the app doesnt seem to be very reliable. Where did you hear that they are dropping it? I would be disappointed if I would not get it (45e ordered to Finland, delivery in late summer maybe).
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 03:14 AM   #16
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popp View Post
Quote:

I understood that the Display key is good for preheating/cooling the car, since the app doesnt seem to be very reliable. Where did you hear that they are dropping it? I would be disappointed if I would not get it (45e ordered to Finland, delivery in late summer maybe).
It was my BMW dealer that's told me it was been dropped altogether and that BMW were just going to concentrate on the app. I kinda wanted the key too to be honest so I'm hoping I still get one
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 03:16 AM   #17
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC84 View Post
Waiting on my 45e too! Been told June 30th.. but if theres a backlog and issues with battery supply, I expect it to slip.

I left off the sun lounge on mine as I'm sick of my kids wanting it open when its throwing it down 😂

Interestingly, I wasnt offered anything like floating caps or carbon wing mirrors.
I was going to change them myself after getting the car.
I think I'm expecting June too. I pushed hard in my negotiation with things like the carbon mirrors/diffuser. Although I'm reading in other forum posts that some people got 15% discount. I certainly didn't haha
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 06:38 AM   #18
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I’m using the keyfob (4th button is user changable) and app for preheating. Works fine for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #19
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

My opinion on the mentioned points:

IAS is great to have. Makes turning in parking lots much easier. The car is big. I didn't find any negative feeling with the rear wheel steering.

Isolating windows makes the car very quit

Air suspension is standard on the 45e. I have the 740 20' wheels. Happy with the ride quality.

Sky lounge pano roof I took because it was in a package. Otherwise I would take the normal one. I would chose IAS over the leds in the moonroof.

I use the key fob and CD app for pre heating. Hardly ever use the display key. CD apps rarely doesn't work for pre heating.

Are comfort acces and adaptive cruise controle in one of your packages? Those Are nice to have.

If you have to watch your budget I would lose the display key, gesture controle and sky lounge. I have them but they are missable. If budget is no problem keep them but ad IAS and acoustic windows like mentioned by others.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 11:41 AM   #20
Popp
Finland
Rep
Drives: Looking for a BMW G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
I’m using the keyfob (4th button is user changable) and app for preheating. Works fine for me.
Ok, so the normal key also had a physical button for preheating? Thats cool, then I'm satisfied, the display key is just one extra battery to charge.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #21
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so the normal key also had a physical button for preheating? Thats cool, then I'm satisfied, the display key is just one extra battery to charge.
You can assign the 4th button of the keyfob in idrive to a function of your own needs. I’ve set it to preheat. Your car must be in range of the keyfob of course to get it working.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #22
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

sound system. H&K is good but B&W is better. but it depends if you like music and listen to audio at high volume or high quality. if you listen to NPR or AM radio, anything is fine. If you like top quality sounds and looks; the B&W is worth it.

otherwise it's a solid build.
I like my display key because it works up very far away and through metal garages. They key fob, I need to be almost next to the car before I can get it work.
Appreciate 0