02-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
DAN_ITA
Italy
Rep
Drives: X5 40d G05 from A6 Competition

NEW X5 G05 40d 2020 ordered !

my first post !

thanks to all the members of the forum for the precious posts that I have read in recent weeks and that have helped me in ordering my new car

the last three cars were Audi A6, the last one an Audi A6 3.0TDI Competition, like this one:

it was not easy to enter into the BMW world and understand which was the best choice, therefore your help has been helpful
I started with the idea of an M340i G21 but after trying it (amazing) I understood that I need something more spacious and of the same quality and image, therefore discarded the 5 series (old) I decided it was time to try to have a SUV .. my first SUV ... and of course X5 has always been the category reference, even more now in the G05 version ... not a normal SUV but a special SAV :-)

I opted for the new mild hybrid diesel engine which will be released two weeks ago

here is my choice:

I discarded the powerful petrol models such as the M50i or 40i because in Italy they are loaded with very high taxes I turned to diesel ... and so 40d was my choice
it is not a M50D four turbo but with 340CV + 11CV electric and 700Nm I think it will not make me regret my A6,
also the low levels of C02 (only 154g) allow a less heavy taxation (in Italy over 185KW we have an extra fee called "superbollo" which penalizes powerful engines... and now ecological taxes have been added for cars over 160g)

ordered today ... now I just have to wait ... should arrive in late May / early June

do you like my configuration?

Daniele - ITALY
Attached Images

Last edited by DAN_ITA; 04-08-2020 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_ITA View Post

my first post !

thanks to all the members of the forum for the precious posts that I have read in recent weeks and that have helped me in ordering my new car

the last three cars were Audi A6, the last one an Audi A6 3.0TDI Competition, like this one:

it was not easy to enter into the BMW world and understand which was the best choice, therefore your help has been helpful
I started with the idea of an M340i G21 but after trying it (amazing) I understood that I need something more spacious and of the same quality and image, therefore discarded the 5 series (old) I decided it was time to try to have a SUV .. my first SUV ... and of course X5 has always been the category reference, even more now in the G05 version ... not a normal SUV but a special SAV :-)

I opted for the new mild hybrid diesel engine which will be released two weeks ago

here is my choice:
https://configure.bmw.it/it_IT/configid/h6v6g3n5/G05

I discarded the powerful petrol models such as the M50i or 40i because in Italy they are loaded with very high taxes I turned to diesel ... and so 40d was my choice
it is not a M50D four turbo but with 340CV + 11CV electric and 700Nm I think it will not make me regret my A6,
also the low levels of C02 (only 154g) allow a less heavy taxation (in Italy over 185KW we have an extra fee called "superbollo" which penalizes powerful engines... and now ecological taxes have been added for cars over 160g)

ordered today ... now I just have to wait ... should arrive in late May / early June

Daniele - ITALY
Amazing. Well done.

Trying to order one here in the uk with no luck
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
Projax65
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 40d

Quote:

my first post !

here is my choice:
https://configure.bmw.it/it_IT/configid/h6v6g3n5/G05

Daniele - ITALY

Nice spec....
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #4
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep

Fingers crossed the UK builds open up soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

I will suggest acustic glass and to try air suspension vs M pro suspension.
Also M multifuncional seats are very nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 05:55 AM   #6
DAN_ITA
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
I didn't take the acoustic glass because I chose the M sport exhaust
I tried the air suspension on a 45e and not being used to tall machines they gave me a feeling of excessive softness, especially in comfort mode, also I don't think I will ever use it in situations where I will lift the car
they could be useful only for lowering on the highway
I would have preferred to buy the adaptive M Professional but the cost was high ... and perhaps without the x5 M engine they don't even make too much sense :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #7
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
I didn't take the acoustic glass because I chose the M sport exhaust
I tried the air suspension on a 45e and not being used to tall machines they gave me a feeling of excessive softness, especially in comfort mode, also I don't think I will ever use it in situations where I will lift the car
they could be useful only for lowering on the highway
I would have preferred to buy the adaptive M Professional but the cost was high ... and perhaps without the x5 M engine they don't even make too much sense :-)
I have acoustic glass on my 45e and if I push the throttle I can hear the sound of the ICE well enough. So I don't think this would be an issue with not hearing the sport exhaust. The sound is coming from underneath the car? ( and in the diesel it is coming through the speakers anyway).

I love the air suspension . I was happy being able to lift it when I was stuck in 30 cm of fresh snow last week in the alps. It might be considered as a little weak in comfort mode but I would describe it as comfortable. If I want to do fast corners I put it in sport and then it's fine. On road trips I put it in adaptive mode and the car does the mode switching itself depending on your current speed driving style and gps position.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #8
DAN_ITA
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
I have acoustic glass on my 45e and if I push the throttle I can hear the sound of the ICE well enough. So I don't think this would be an issue with not hearing the sport exhaust. The sound is coming from underneath the car? ( and in the diesel it is coming through the speakers anyway).

I love the air suspension . I was happy being able to lift it when I was stuck in 30 cm of fresh snow last week in the alps. It might be considered as a little weak in comfort mode but I would describe it as comfortable. If I want to do fast corners I put it in sport and then it's fine. On road trips I put it in adaptive mode and the car does the mode switching itself depending on your current speed driving style and gps position.
it will arrive in 3 months and I can tell you

I read this post
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1686765
and many people judge the Air less firm than the M adaptive ... I arrive from a lower car and so the rolling maybe a problem for me
I always drive the A6 in "sport+++" :-)

Last edited by DAN_ITA; 03-02-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #9
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

it will arrive in 3 months and I can tell you

I read this post
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1686765
and many people judge the Air less firm than the M adaptive ... I arrive from a lower car and so the rolling maybe a problem for me
I always drive the A6 in "sport+++" :-)
Off course it is less firm. Tastes and preferences may differ. And I prefer a litter softer comfortable ride. But if you are used to a sport +++ setting in a low car you will find any suv floaty . Good thing you chose an Bmw x5, the others brands are even floatier. I think you will be happy with the m suspension.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 04:06 AM   #10
DAN_ITA
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Off course it is less firm. Tastes and preferences may differ. And I prefer a litter softer comfortable ride. But if you are used to a sport +++ setting in a low car you will find any suv floaty . Good thing you chose an Bmw x5, the others brands are even floatier. I think you will be happy with the m suspension.
thanks ... I hope :-)

I am sure that the X5 is the only SUV that could satisfy me, both as a product quality and for driving pleasure,
also 45e interested me ... but my annual mileage (30.000km) and driving style are not compatible
I think phev is the answer at many problem but with more capacity and less weight ... 3 years ago a car like the 45e was unthinkable, who knows what will happen in 3 years :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 04:13 AM   #11
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
thanks ... I hope :-)

I am sure that the X5 is the only SUV that could satisfy me, both as a product quality and for driving pleasure,
also 45e interested me ... but my annual mileage (30.000km) and driving style are not compatible
I think phev is the answer at many problem but with more capacity and less weight ... 3 years ago a car like the 45e was unthinkable, who knows what will happen in 3 years :-)
Just one thing about the acoustic glas. You can stil take it because for the diesel the sport sound comes through a sound generator and radio and not from the exhaust itself like it is for the 40i. At least for the 30d it was like that.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:49 AM   #12
WitekXXX
Rep
Drives: G05 40d soon

I also ordered 40d, 5th February in Poland. This is my configuration, it can still change.
https://configure.bmw.pl/pl_PL/configid/l3b3j3n6/G05
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #13
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomekPL View Post
I also ordered 40d, 5th February in Poland. This is my configuration, it can still change.
What is your delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #14
WitekXXX
Rep

At the latest by the thirty-first of July. Production in May.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #15
DAN_ITA
Italy
Rep

Quote:
I suggest sunroof
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #16
DAN_ITA
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
What is your delivery date?
I ordered last Friday ... 4 days ago
They told me 3 months ...
I'm waiting for best info in few days
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #17
DAN_ITA
Italy
Rep

Quote:
At the latest by the thirty-first of July. Production in May.
Production or delivery ?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 04:14 PM   #18
WitekXXX
Rep

Quote:
Production or delivery ?
Production (I don't know the exact date yet), delivery about 6-7 weeks later.
Appreciate 0