06-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #23
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Look on the ticket what Laser unit did they use, also they should have recorded the distance they hit you at if that is missing the lawyer should be able to get it thrown out. If it is over 1500 ft they could have completely missed your car and the beam spread it like 10 ft at that point and the detector may not have gone off.
Neither the type of laser (or even reference to a laser) nor the distance is on the ticket. I asked him if he used a laser and he said "yes" and that most local departments had them now. In South FL, I think most local departments are still using Ka, but the FHP has lasers so that was a little surprising.
      06-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #24
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Neither the type of laser (or even reference to a laser) nor the distance is on the ticket. I asked him if he used a laser and he said "yes" and that most local departments had them now. In South FL, I think most local departments are still using Ka, but the FHP has lasers so that was a little surprising.
Yep you got the classic out of state plate ticket, they saw you were out of state and decided to pull you over. Any lawyer worth their salt should be able to get that ticket tossed. It lacks the information need for the state to win.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #25
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Better call Saul!
Appreciate 1
DieselOG1673.50
      06-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #26
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

The Carolinas are the worst states for speeding. They stop you for doing ten over.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #27
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
The Carolinas are the worst states for speeding. They stop you for doing ten over.
In Ohio they would stop you for 1 over especially when they notice you did not have a front plate. They knew you were from PA. NJSP sit on the boarder between PA and NJ and tag anyone they can get with no front plate since it an easily ticket because PA will not put points on your license for NJ tickets. Any one from PA who get ticket in NJ usually pays the ticket and be done with it. However, NY looks for no front plates as well and tag PA residents as well, the only issue, NY assigns points and if they catch you too many time you could ban you from driving in NY. I read a few people who learn the hard way about NY.

I Live in PA, and because we do not have front plate we are targets by all the states around us.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #28
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:
I am not 100% familiar with the 9500ix, however, at present I am not aware of any laser which does not set off any radar detectors. Even close up the beam spread is wide enough to paint most of the car. The few places I travel which use laser my V1 has gone off even when they paint the car in front of me.

I am guessing they did hit you, they tagged someone else you were close enough to them and they figure they would grab you as well. I know going into court and saying your RD did not warn is not a defense.

I know in NC you can not fight your ticket without a lawyer, my brother-in-law who happen to be a lawyer got a ticket in NC and decided to fight it since he know it was scam at the time. He show up at court and was asked if he had a lawyer and said he was a lawyer, but was not license to practice in NC even though he Graduated from Duke Law School. They told him he need someone to represent him, so he awake outside ask another lawyer to rep him, and when back in and basically got the ticket reduce no points and paid a fine. The southern states make it hard to fight and win tickets.
If ticket lawyers use my method they will win most of their cases and client fees. I've heard of the ticket clinic which charges something like $200 flat fee. I can do it for free. Pretty lame you can't represent yourself I've never heard of that in any court, it's like requiring dealers to sell cars, a total scam created by government lobbyists and corrupt politicians.
Adam is that you?!
      06-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #29
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I am not 100% familiar with the 9500ix, however, at present I am not aware of any laser which does not set off any radar detectors. Even close up the beam spread is wide enough to paint most of the car. The few places I travel which use laser my V1 has gone off even when they paint the car in front of me.

I am guessing they did hit you, they tagged someone else you were close enough to them and they figure they would grab you as well. I know going into court and saying your RD did not warn is not a defense.

I know in NC you can not fight your ticket without a lawyer, my brother-in-law who happen to be a lawyer got a ticket in NC and decided to fight it since he know it was scam at the time. He show up at court and was asked if he had a lawyer and said he was a lawyer, but was not license to practice in NC even though he Graduated from Duke Law School. They told him he need someone to represent him, so he awake outside ask another lawyer to rep him, and when back in and basically got the ticket reduce no points and paid a fine. The southern states make it hard to fight and win tickets.
If ticket lawyers use my method they will win most of their cases and client fees. I've heard of the ticket clinic which charges something like $200 flat fee. I can do it for free. Pretty lame you can't represent yourself I've never heard of that in any court, it's like requiring dealers to sell cars, a total scam created by government lobbyists and corrupt politicians.
Adam is that you?!
No sorry. Who is Adam lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #30
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
In Ohio they would stop you for 1 over especially when they notice you did not have a front plate. They knew you were from PA. NJSP sit on the boarder between PA and NJ and tag anyone they can get with no front plate since it an easily ticket because PA will not put points on your license for NJ tickets. Any one from PA who get ticket in NJ usually pays the ticket and be done with it. However, NY looks for no front plates as well and tag PA residents as well, the only issue, NY assigns points and if they catch you too many time you could ban you from driving in NY. I read a few people who learn the hard way about NY.

I Live in PA, and because we do not have front plate we are targets by all the states around us.
thats strange because i drive through ohio frequently without front plates since my car is registered in georgia. they never stopped me or harassed me. they also didnt stop me for doing 10 over, but it was me and a bunch of other cars too, so maybe thats why.

but yeah, ive heard ohio cops have a shit rep.
      06-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #31
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Adam is that you?!
No sorry. Who is Adam lol.
      07-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #32
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
thats strange because i drive through ohio frequently without front plates since my car is registered in georgia. they never stopped me or harassed me. they also didnt stop me for doing 10 over, but it was me and a bunch of other cars too, so maybe thats why.

but yeah, ive heard ohio cops have a shit rep.
I should have said use to, it use to be really bad, driving in Ohio with PA plates (lack of front plate), but I have to agree I have not see the issue much in the last 10 yrs, not sure if PA made an issue with Ohio of they just given up harassing out of state drivers.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #33
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Reduced to 1 over limit. No points in SC. Should not result in any points in FL.
upstatedoc7555.50
EALm43346.50
wdb4673.00
      07-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #34
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

What did it end up costing for everything?
      07-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #35
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
What did it end up costing for everything?
It was expensive. In FL, ticket attorneys are normally $80 - $100 + court costs, which depend on a variety of factors but maybe another $100 unless they get it dismissed outright. This cost me $365 inclusive of lawyer and court costs / fee.

If I had just paid the ticket it would have been $76. However, it would have meant (at least) 3 points impacting insurance rates for several years on top of the ticket. I went with the fixed cost. They got their fine and achieved their objective. I will be driving slower through at least this section of I-26 next time.
David701567.00