BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #23
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Hey Mantis, I know what you mean about owning a bmw and wanting to get rid of it for a jap car. It will be hard to get rid of. If you are concern about this market and want to get a not so expansive daily driver, may I suggest a 2.7L 4 banger tacoma. Yeah it is no ultimate driving machine wih only 159HP but the manual tranny is really fun to drive and you can use cheap octane gas. I am not sure if you are into truck and if your lifestyle fit with owning a truck.

GL.
      02-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
LSD, fatter, stickier tires, syncro shite, godlike brakes. big diff mang.
again, for the 3rd time none of the above would have made a difference to me in my test drive. nothing would have added power AND i didnt get to test how it handles really, AND steering wouldnt have changed.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I would just get a Cobalt SS and save the money. The Z thing is certainly not without its faults. The 350Z for instance also drones and makes only a noise when you put the pedal in the carpet, it is annoying and i did not like it at all.
Cobalt SS
too funny!!!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Hmm and I actually like the SS...

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #27
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

these cars look really cool, i definitely am going to stop by a nissan dealership sometime to check it out!
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #28
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I agree on the noise in the cabin being horrible. One thing i hated about the 350Z I had. Also one of the reasons I joined the BMW camp after the Z.
The interior was pretty cheesy too. It seemed cool at first, like a cockpit, but then you realize it's all bad plastic. The 370 looks a little upgraded inside but probably not much more.
I never felt the issue of the power but I've never driven an M3 either. And unless it was rainy I always had the VDC off. It's the anti fun control.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #29
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
im gonna go to another dealer and test drive one with sports package. i still think it's a good car overall, i want to give it another chance.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #30
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Why'd you change your user name ??
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

!Xoible? wtf that's retarded. change it back to mantis noob.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #32
edl
In the slow lane
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT, 01 M5, 11 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin Jason View Post
get an EVO IX!!! it will NOT disappoint you. trust. well, maybe your Gas and Insurance.
EVO X...ehh, I personally prefer the IX. maybe i'll sell my e90 in a couple years and get a IX
The Evo IX is ricey. It looks tacky. Be prepared to have everyone racing you, cops giving you trouble, etc.

But I wouldn't trade mines for anything. It is a wonderful driver's car, lots of power, grip, fairly quiet, perfect with minor upgrades. I think the IX is a great daily driver for car enthusiasts. It's just so entertaining to drive.

I've never driven the 370z, but on paper it sounds good. I like the shorter wheelbase over the 350z. I did drive a G35 coupe once from LA to SF, it's a huge GT style car with not much driver feedback, cushy seats, small trunk, cheap interior plastics. The motor sucks but it gets reasonably good fuel economy. Oh, and if you like the RAAAAAAHHHHHH noise everytime you accelerate, it's there.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #33
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
LSD, fatter, stickier tires, syncro shite, godlike brakes. big diff mang.

+1.....can't shit on a car if you dont even know what the sport package has
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #34
Alince26
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Thumbs up

Hello,all, wish everything goes well to you!
wholesale exporter international trade co.,ltd(www.shoes-trader.com ) supply nike shoes,Air jordan shoes,air max shoes,air force shoes,nike Dunk shoes,Nike James shoes,KOB shoes,ADIDAS shoes,nike rift shoes,Timbland,prada shoes,puma shoes,bape shoes,gucci shoes,football shoes,slipper ,hat, Lv,gucci bag,channel bag,fendi bag,Bape hoodies, jeans(Evisu-jeans,Diesel-jeans,Rock republic-jeans,Bape-jeans,Red monkey-jeans),T-shirts(lacoste T-shirt,polo T-shirt,EVISU T-shirt,bape T-shirt,NBA sport clothing), autumn coat ,wallet and watches,apple Ipod nano MP4
We are insisting on our company principle "Best Service and Highest Quality",and willing to build mutual benefits and long term business relationships with all customers.

we hope that our products and service will fit your interest and we sincerely to look forward to be your reliable partner in china. So we sincerely wish to cooperate with you and to make mutual benefit!
trust we will have a good business in the future,and u will love to do the business with me,and then we will benefit.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #35
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alince26 View Post
Hello,all, wish everything goes well to you!
wholesale exporter international trade co.,ltd(www.shoes-trader.com ) supply nike shoes,Air jordan shoes,air max shoes,air force shoes,nike Dunk shoes,Nike James shoes,KOB shoes,ADIDAS shoes,nike rift shoes,Timbland,prada shoes,puma shoes,bape shoes,gucci shoes,football shoes,slipper ,hat, Lv,gucci bag,channel bag,fendi bag,Bape hoodies, jeans(Evisu-jeans,Diesel-jeans,Rock republic-jeans,Bape-jeans,Red monkey-jeans),T-shirts(lacoste T-shirt,polo T-shirt,EVISU T-shirt,bape T-shirt,NBA sport clothing), autumn coat ,wallet and watches,apple Ipod nano MP4
We are insisting on our company principle "Best Service and Highest Quality",and willing to build mutual benefits and long term business relationships with all customers.

we hope that our products and service will fit your interest and we sincerely to look forward to be your reliable partner in china. So we sincerely wish to cooperate with you and to make mutual benefit!
trust we will have a good business in the future,and u will love to do the business with me,and then we will benefit.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #36
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Xoible View Post
im gonna go to another dealer and test drive one with sports package. i still think it's a good car overall, i want to give it another chance.
Drive it hard this time (once the engine is warmed). I want to see if you have a different opinion this time. I've yet to see a bad review of the 370Z, so i'm interested in your 2nd review and see if you feel the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #37
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Drive it hard this time (once the engine is warmed). I want to see if you have a different opinion this time. I've yet to see a bad review of the 370Z, so i'm interested in your 2nd review and see if you feel the same.
UPDATE - TEST DROVE AGAIN WITH SPORTS PACKAGE

So i went to another dealership and asked for a test drive. This test drive comes after a day of driving my car hard and kinda pushing it, then driving a brand new STi (fully broken in). The car was warmed up because somebody has just taken that car out on a test drive.

Here's my new impressions:
1. awesome navigation system

2. pussy exhaust. i prefer G35/350z or G37's exhaust, but no problemo exhaust would be first mod

3. VDC sucks ass still, too intrusive and without it the car is hella fun but really with no control. i'd like a setting somewhere in the middle (MDM? lol). But fine i can live with it on or off

4. Handling was awesome! if the M3's handling is 10/10 (which is not) then the 370z is like 8.5 or 9. I actually thought handling was great and the LSD makes a day and night difference between then non-sport and sports package. It was very nimble, a lot of fun until we get to one corner. So on the way to Irvine Nissan there's a right turn, it's pretty sharp but i was going fast in my M3 and it did fine. I took that turn with the Z and we almost crashed! i almost went over the fence to be on the freeway that was scary. the guy was like "youre the craziest man i've ever encountered on a test drive" lol

5. Power... well it does put more power and it does put you ahead of traffic. rev match it (whether you use ur foot or use the synchro-match feature thing) and BAM ur ahead of everyone. But here's my problem. The car does not feel fast. there's no torque push. and you know what that problem does exist in the M3. u see ur speedometer jumping 10 mph at a time (maybe less in the 370z) but you dont feel it Yah maybe it'll lose a drag test with the M3, but the feeling of power is pretty similar

6. Steering is definitely tighter with sports package. i was doing all kinds of crazy stuff. the car felt pretty nabil... *ahem* i mean nimble.

7. Sound inside the cabin i guess it's too noisy for a drive coming back from a long work day at 8 or 9 pm and with an aftermarket exhaust it will be noisier but it is what it is...

This car right now kind of tops the list of cars im looking into. a hair over the STi (which is a whole different story)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #38
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:

So i went to another dealership and asked for a test drive. This test drive comes after a day of driving my car hard and kinda pushing it, then driving a brand new STi (fully broken in). The car was warmed up because somebody has just taken that car out on a test drive.

2. pussy exhaust. i prefer G35/350z or G37's exhaust, but no problemo exhaust would be first mod

3. VDC sucks ass still, too intrusive and without it the car is hella fun but really with no control. i'd like a setting somewhere in the middle (MDM? lol). But fine i can live with it on or off

4. Handling was awesome! if the M3's handling is 10/10 (which is not) then the 370z is like 8.5 or 9. I actually thought handling was great and the LSD makes a day and night difference between then non-sport and sports package. It was very nimble, a lot of fun until we get to one corner. So on the way to Irvine Nissan there's a right turn, it's pretty sharp but i was going fast in my M3 and it did fine. I took that turn with the Z and we almost crashed! i almost went over the fence to be on the freeway that was scary. the guy was like "youre the craziest man i've ever encountered on a test drive" lol

5. Power... well it does put more power and it does put you ahead of traffic. rev match it (whether you use ur foot or use the synchro-match feature thing) and BAM ur ahead of everyone. But here's my problem. The car does not feel fast. there's no torque push. and you know what that problem does exist in the M3. u see ur speedometer jumping 10 mph at a time (maybe less in the 370z) but you dont feel it Yah maybe it'll lose a drag test with the M3, but the feeling of power is pretty similar

6. Steering is definitely tighter with sports package. i was doing all kinds of crazy stuff. the car felt pretty nabil... *ahem* i mean nimble.

7. Sound inside the cabin i guess it's too noisy for a drive coming back from a long work day at 8 or 9 pm and with an aftermarket exhaust it will be noisier but it is what it is...

This car right now kind of tops the list of cars im looking into. a hair over the STi (which is a whole different story)
Thanks for updating the post with new impressions. I have yet to drive the 370 (I wasn't a big fan of the 350), but i think i'll give it a whirl.

I wonder if you would have had the same problem with handling if the tires were a lil more worn. Very good objective review..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #39
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Thanks for updating the post with new impressions. I have yet to drive the 370 (I wasn't a big fan of the 350), but i think i'll give it a whirl.

I wonder if you would have had the same problem with handling if the tires were a lil more worn. Very good objective review..
well i dont think it's a problem of tires really. i think it's a problem of VDC having no stability control whatsoever if it's turned off, or being overly intrusive if it's turned on. i actually like the potenza's from my old G35, i dont think they're bad tires at all... idk... im sure it'll handle a tad better if they're broken in, but who knows...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #40
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:

Hahaha I bet that salesmen was happy when that test drive was over! Do most ppl really push cars that hard when test driving? I wouldn't think they would like that to much...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #41
Genericuser1
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

Well here's the question is the M3 twice the car the 370z is? If you say yes keep the M3 if not and you need to conserve the 370z seems like one of the best options.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #42
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Well here's the question is the M3 twice the car the 370z is? If you say yes keep the M3 if not and you need to conserve the 370z seems like one of the best options.
in ways yes it's close to double the value lol the guy asked me "how do u compare the 2?" i said "i dont"
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #43
GnokGnik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

The real question should be slightly used 335i or 370z.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #44
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
again, for the 3rd time none of the above would have made a difference to me in my test drive. nothing would have added power AND i didnt get to test how it handles really, AND steering wouldnt have changed.
i see big diff too.
Appreciate 0