BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #45
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Iran's oil refineries should be next according to Lindsey graham.
I think the regime of Iran will be history before trump leaves. It remains to be seen how long it will take to them to recover once a Democratic president takes over. :shrug:

Pathetic how the present Dems can only criticize a president who is cleaning Obama's fckups.
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #46
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

lol people so concerned whats happening outside their country.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #47
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
lol people so concerned whats happening outside their country.
Because our youth will be the proverbial cannon fodder.
Appreciate 6
SoCalS2k389.50
minn196907.00
1 AKY340.50

01-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #48
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Is there going to be a serious discussion on the war with Iran or just stupid memes?

Of course there are looneys on the left, just as there are on the right. Every group has them.
Chance of a war with Iran is slim to none, they don't have the power or terrian to do anything outside of defending and Russia in good terms with us since we help them recently stop a terrorist attack.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #49
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Lindsey Graham likes to rattle sabers despite only ever waving a pen during his time in the mililtary. He's backing up President Bone Spurs' moves. I'm not coming down yet on any side regardig the rightness or wrongness of the action taken, but I sure as hockey sticks don't care what those two have to say about it.
Appreciate 5
minn196907.00
9krpmrx8771.50

01-03-2020, 11:20 AM   #50
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
What will China, Russia and Iran do?
Nothing that goes boom. Not a darn thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Chance of a war with Iran is slim to none, they don't have the power or terrian to do anything outside of defending and Russia in good terms with us since we help them recently stop a terrorist attack.
Saved for future discussion.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #51
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not arguing it wasn't justified or even needed. But, when you take a huge step like this you should have a plan for what comes next. That is what I'm waiting to see.
What comes next, and what comes last. What's the end state we wish to achieve? Not some bullshit platitude, either. I want concrete metrics of what "success" is. If we can't define a concrete end state and tangible milestones towards that state, then let's put the fuckin' slingshots and peashooters away and get back to our homework.
SoCalS2k389.50

01-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #52
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
What comes next, and what comes last. What's the end state we wish to achieve? Not some bullshit platitude, either. I want concrete metrics of what "success" is. If we can't define a concrete end state and tangible milestones towards that state, then let's put the fuckin' slingshots and peashooters away and get back to our homework.
I donít think there has to be anything more than US sovereignty was attacked and we provided retaliation. Itís really Iranís move if they want to continue down the path they have been going. They are emboldened by being unchecked in other parts of the world so figure they can go after the US as well. As the Ayatollah said, there wasnít a damn thing we could do about the attack. Well, apparently there was.
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #53
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ecirculation=1

Bloody hell - this prez is hellbent on destabilizing everything.
      01-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #54
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I donít think there has to be anything more than US sovereignty was attacked and we provided retaliation.
Agree 100%. But what's the threshold beyond which retaliation turns into war? Boots on the ground? Dead Americans? What's the cost threshold...$100 billion? How many points does Raytheon and General Dynamics and Haliburton stock have to go up, before it's officially a war?
SoCalS2k389.50
1 AKY340.50

01-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #55
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ecirculation=1

Bloody hell - this prez is hellbent on destabilizing everything.
wait, you mean to tell me the dems are crying about something Trump did?

say it isnt so...

this is just party line BS

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #56
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Military did the strike as self defence against clear and present threat from Suleiman and his cohorts, Trump has said it should have been done years ago.
I'm not arguing it wasn't justified or even needed. But, when you take a huge step like this you should have a plan for what comes next.
Agreed. This applies also to Iran. Considering the weakness of their economy; and our ability to easily wipe out their ability to refine oil; Iran should think hard about poking the bear again.
      01-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #57
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think there has to be anything more than US sovereignty was attacked and we provided retaliation.
Agree 100%. But what's the threshold beyond which retaliation turns into war? Boots on the ground? Dead Americans? What's the cost threshold...$100 billion? How many points does Raytheon and General Dynamics and Haliburton stock have to go up, before it's officially a war?
We're already at war in Iraq. The dumbass Iranians thought they could continue participating in it without consequence. They were sorely mistaken.
      01-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #58
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don’t think there has to be anything more than US sovereignty was attacked and we provided retaliation. It’s really Iran’s move if they want to continue down the path they have been going. They are emboldened by being unchecked in other parts of the world so figure they can go after the US as well. As the Ayatollah said, there wasn’t a damn thing we could do about the attack. Well, apparently there was.
This is why leaders and these two in particular should stay off of Twitter etc and not talk shit. Then it becomes personal between two ego maniacs and more innocent people die because of it.

This was a major escalation by Trump. He green lighted the assassination of high Iranian government official. And by reports a very good personal friend of the Ayatollah.

You can be sure Iran will respond, they have to for a number of reasons.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #59
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Where did I put those iodine pills?
Appreciate 1
minn196907.00

01-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #60
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think there has to be anything more than US sovereignty was attacked and we provided retaliation. It's really Iran's move if they want to continue down the path they have been going. They are emboldened by being unchecked in other parts of the world so figure they can go after the US as well. As the Ayatollah said, there wasn't a damn thing we could do about the attack. Well, apparently there was.
This is why leaders and these two in particular should stay of Twitter and not talk shit. Then it becomes personal between two ego maniacs and more innocent people die because of it.

This was a major escalation by Trump. He green lighted the assassination of high Iranian government official. And by reports a good personal friend of the Ayatollah.

I swear TDS impacts people's memories. Case in point is your analysis of the very-recent past here.

Iran triggered this latest flare up when their rocket killed an American civilian in Iraq on December 27, 2019.

President Trump then ordered an air assault on Iranian backed group on December 28, 2019.

On December 31, 2019 Iranians attacked US soil by attacking our embassy; and taunted President Trump by saying "there isn't a damn thing you can do about it."

According to reports from "career professionals in the intelligence community," they were orchestrating further attacks on Americans and our assists in the region. President Trump took decisive action to counter this threat by taking out the leader and organizer of said attacks when he brazenly flew into Baghdad Airport like nothing would happen to him. He was clearly very wrong.

My point is the escalation is coming from the Iranians. We're only showing them that their escalations will be met with an unequal and increased response. The ball is in their hands. As Senator Graham said, "the price for killing Americans has just gone up substantially." How much more do they want?

01-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #61
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

With all the resources and intels the POTUS and the teams are given and have access to, I don't know why anyone would even think the POTUS and his teams did not think this through and considered ALL the consequences like some would believe listening to the media. You don't go very far in life if you do not how to trust someone.

Someone mentioned destabilization. Fun fact- Do you know creating disruptions is the number one way to dominate over your opponents and competitors?
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #62
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Again, that all depends on Iran. If they decide to escalate, then what do you think we should do, cry uncle?

I think Iran would be wise to remember what happened with Iraq. No other country has the strategic capability the US has. Iran simply miscalculated here or was testing the waters. I don’t think they will do anything direct to respond. I think they will try to amplify what they’re doing with Gaza, Syria etc.

We don’t even need to deploy anyone and can turn their country into rubble. We don’t need to take it over, just let them deal with the aftermath and humanitarian crisis. As “President Black Bush” said to the UN, “go ahead and sanction me with your army”
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #63
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I swear TDS impacts people's memories. Case in point is your analysis of the very-recent past here.

Iran triggered this latest flare up when their rocket killed an American civilian in Iraq on December 27, 2019.

President Trump then ordered an air assault on Iranian backed group on December 28, 2019.

On December 31, 2019 Iranians attacked US soil by attacking our embassy; and taunted President Trump by saying "there isn't a damn thing you can do about it."

According to reports from "career professionals in the intelligence community," they were orchestrating further attacks on Americans and our assists in the region. President Trump took decisive action to counter this threat by taking out the leader and organizer of said attacks when he brazenly flew into Baghdad Airport like nothing would happen to him. He was clearly very wrong.

My point is the escalation is coming from the Iranians. We're only showing them that their escalations will be met with an unequal and increased response. The ball is in their hands. As Senator Graham said, "the price for killing Americans has just gone up substantially." How much more do they want?
Again, why I don’t like talking to you TDS goes both ways. Of course they are escalating things in response to Trump's escalations. Dropping out of a treaty with the US that was negotiated by the previous government and then adding huge sanctions designed to bankrupt them aren’t escalations!?!?!

Why are there even troops in the region? You and others believed Trump when he said he was pulling out of Syria to end endless wars. You also believe him when he says ISIS is defeated so why are they still guarding oil fields in Syria and troops in Iraq at all for Iran to attack? I even asked when you guys believed Trump's nonsense why when simultaneously he was sending troops and weapons systems to SA.

Geezus, pick some policy and stick with it. This is as bad as Bill Clinton’s years when he stuck his finger in the air to tell which way the wind was blowing and trying to run foreign policy like that.

Last edited by minn19; 01-03-2020 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #64
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
With all the resources and intels the POTUS and the teams are given and have access to, I don't know why anyone would even think the POTUS and his teams did not think this through and considered ALL the consequences like some would believe listening to the media. You don't go very far in life if you do not how to trust someone.

Someone mentioned destabilization. Fun fact- Do you know creating disruptions is the number one way to dominate over your opponents and competitors?
It's been the primary US objective in the Middle East to maintain the "correct" amount of stability in the region. Too unstable, and we have to spend to much effort interceding. Too stable, and the Islamic nations might form an effective alliance that would make NATO look like a Girl Scout troop.

01-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #65
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
wait, you mean to tell me the dems are crying about something Trump did?

say it isnt so...

this is just party line BS
And whatís oddly humorous is that if he did nothing, they would complain too. The President says stupid stuff, but no one will give him a break at all.
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #66
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is why leaders and these two in particular should stay off of Twitter etc and not talk shit. Then it becomes personal between two ego maniacs and more innocent people die because of it.

This was a major escalation by Trump. He green lighted the assassination of high Iranian government official. And by reports a very good personal friend of the Ayatollah.

So wait, hundreds of regular US soldiers are okay to blow up, but we kill one Iranian general and thatís escalation?
Appreciate 4