c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Again, why I donít like talking to you TDS goes both ways. Of course they are escalating things in response to Trumps escalations. Dropping out of a treaty with the US that was negotiated by the previous government and then adding huge sanctions designed to bankrupt them arenít escalations!?!?!

Why are there even troops in the region? You and others believed Trump when he said he was pulling out of Syria to end endless wars. You also believe him when he says ISIS is defeated so why are they still guarding oil fields in Syria and troops in Iraq at all for Iran to attack? I even asked when you guys believed Trumps nonsense why simultaneously was sending troops and weapons systems to SA.

Geezus, pick some policy and stick with it. This is as bad as Bill Clintonís years when he stuck his finger in the air to tell which way the wind was blowing and trying to run foreign policy like that.
The reason for leaving the treaty was because Iran wasnít following it. So why pretend to be in a treaty when youíre the only one adhering to it? Same stuff China does to the US.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 12:58 PM   #68
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It's been the primary US objective in the Middle East to maintain the "correct" amount of stability in the region. Too unstable, and we have to spend to much effort interceding. Too stable, and the Islamic nations might form an effective alliance that would make NATO look like a Girl Scout troop.
But who gets to define where the balance is (the correct amount of stability)?

No one would really know what the real agendas are from any given relationships between two countries (USA and xyz country). General public are infused with info by MSM of what THEY think the agendas are then start putting blames on their targets (conveniently).
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 12:59 PM   #69
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
So wait, hundreds of regular US soldiers are okay to blow up, but we kill one Iranian general and thatís escalation?
Sadly yes, if that were the real reason we shouldíve killed this asshole long ago.

Quote:
The reason for leaving the treaty was because Iran wasnít following it. So why pretend to be in a treaty when youíre the only one adhering to it? Same stuff China does to the US.
This is mostly false.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #70
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sadly yes, if that were the real reason we should’ve killed this asshole long ago.

This is mostly false.
This is just one source refuting your claim. Who knows what to believe from the media though so I understand your opinion.
https://thehill.com/opinion/national...ating-the-deal
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:06 PM   #71
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is just one source refuting your claim. Who knows what to believe from the media though so I understand your opinion.
That is one opinion piece and there are many that dispute it.

No need to rehash any of that as the point is moot anyway now.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:09 PM   #72
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
And if you believe, as I do, that our media in the West is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine, imagine the information starvation of the people in the countries in the Middle East where wide-ranging censorship is business-as-usual. Although one could argue that for subjects of an authoritarian government, information is of little utility.
      01-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #73
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I'm not arguing it wasn't justified or even needed. But, when you take a huge step like this you should have a plan for what comes next. That is what I'm waiting to see.
I'm sure the Pentagon doesn't advertise their contingency plans! Lol
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #74
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
I'm sure the Pentagon doesn't advertise their contingency plans! Lol
No we just get to see how shitty they were or underprepared/no plans they really had years later. After thousands of US lives dead and trillions incinerated.
Appreciate 2
quick6553.50

01-03-2020, 01:16 PM   #75
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
wait, you mean to tell me the dems are crying about something Trump did?

say it isnt so...

this is just party line BS
It is a problem if they only alerted the Republicans of certain committees and not the Dems of the same. Also the explanations coming from Pompeo are ridiculous as I explained in another post.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #76
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Of course [Iran is] escalating things in response to Trump's escalations. Dropping out of a treaty with the US...
What treaty do you speak of? The US hasn't signed a treaty with Iran.
      01-03-2020, 01:21 PM   #77
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No we just get to see how shitty they were or underprepared/no plans they really had years later. After thousands of US lives dead and trillions incinerated.
No pallets of cash and a Sorry note from Trump to appease Iran, they kept attacking our assets in the region!

Trump will fight a different war than Bush and Obama!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:24 PM   #78
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No pallets of cash and a Sorry note from Trump to appease Iran, they kept attacking our assets in the region!

Trump will fight a different war than Bush and Obama!
He was supposed to stop endless ME wars and bring people home, why are you letting him off the hook on this campaign promise?

Last edited by minn19; 01-03-2020 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #79
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
What treaty do you speak of? The US hasn't signed a treaty with Iran.
And you are going with this now. Yes you are correct. A negotiated deal or agreement if you will that the US and their allies was/were following. The one Trump made a yuuuge deal about dropping out of.

Any response to policy questions at all? Anything of substance and not technicalities?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:35 PM   #80
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He was supposed to stop endless ME wars and bring people home, why are you letting off the hook on this campaign promise?
Thatís like saying hey weíre leaving please donít shoot us since we havenít covered our retreat. Again, Iran sees our reduced presence and is emboldened to begin subverting Iraq as it has been increasingly doing so as we have tried to allow Iraq to govern itself. They are so emboldened, they send their top general to Iraq to plan more attacks on us. Weíre supposed to keep getting on airplanes and leave? I believe the President ha kept his promise here as best he can considering world events, circumstances and obligations.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #81
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He was supposed to stop endless ME wars and bring people home, why are you letting him off the hook on this campaign promise?
We're out of Syria, using your logic after being attacked by Iran we should've sent em cash and beg for forgiveness like Obama did!

Trump has shown a lot of restraint against Iran!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #82
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thatís like saying hey weíre leaving please donít shoot us since we havenít covered our retreat. Again, Iran sees our reduced presence and is emboldened to begin subverting Iraq as it has been increasingly doing so as we have tried to allow Iraq to govern itself. They are so emboldened, they send their top general to Iraq to plan more attacks on us. Weíre supposed to keep getting on airplanes and leave? I believe the President ha kept his promise here as best he can considering world events, circumstances and obligations.
What does the US care what Iran or anyone does in the region if Trump says he wants to leave? He was supposed to withdraw and he didn't, he started reinforcing troops there and maximizing pressure on Iran. Please, anyone tell me how a campaign promise and continued rhetoric by Trump in regards to leaving the ME as recently as a few months ago jives with putting maximum pressure on Iran?

Iraq was "subverted" to Iran long long ago during the Bush 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #83
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We're out of Syria, using your logic after being attacked by Iran we should've sent em cash and beg for forgiveness like Obama did!

Trump has shown a lot of restraint against Iran!
You can't even get the Syria part right.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #84
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
We are all truly reading different news accounts or not remembering or even misremembering what has previously occurred that got us here.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #85
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And you are going with this now. Yes you are correct. A negotiated deal or agreement if you will that the US and their allies was/were following. The one Trump made a yuuuge deal about dropping out of.

Any response to policy questions at all? Anything of substance and not technicalities?
This general was behind attacks that killed US troops and injured thousands!
What side are you on?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #86
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This general was behind attacks that killed US troops and injured thousands!
What side are you on?
Yah go with that tact. Who else is responsible for killing US troops that have gotten away with it and are still alive (I'll give you a hint, a lot of people/leaders)? Lets compile a list and get going on this new policy as the military will be extremely busy. Especially the drone operators.

I've said repeatedly, I shed no tears about his death. Just the thought process and what we are planning to defend/respond to afterwards. But you already know this.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #87
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
What's really scary is a lot of ppl don't get what a big deal this is. Same exact attitude before Iraq war. It would be a walk in the park no big deal. Same attitude right now. Truly scary! All these brave keyboard warriors here are the first to run and cry when war doesn't go well and probably have no family or friends so they aren't worried about losing loved ones at a war. :

And don't believe all the republican lies which are repeated here. We have more troops in the Middle East right now compared to 1 year ago. We have nuclear bombers there too that weren't there during Obama time.

What do you think all that stuff is for?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #88
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
What's really scary is a lot of ppl don't get what a big deal this is. Same exact attitude before Iraq war. It would be a walk in the park no big deal. Same attitude right now. Truly scary! All these brave keyboard warriors here are the first to run and cry when war doesn't go well and probably have no family or friends so they aren't worried about losing loved ones at a war. :

And don't believe all the republican lies which are repeated here. We have more troops in the Middle East right now compared to 1 year ago. We have nuclear bombers there too that weren't there during Obama time.

What do you think all that stuff is for?
A deterrent.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
unluky555.50