BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2862
Rep
4,284
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

The Left inability to accept the will of the people

I don't know but I'm noticing a trend and it getting quite tiresome

First observation of this behavior was in 2000 with Bush vs Gore. Despite what the BOE in FL declared and the SCOTUS ruled for several months up to 911 the left came up with everyone excuse as to why Bush stole the election or he not legitimate

Next major observation of this was in 2016 with Brexit where then spent nearly 4 years undermining the election results and even till this day they try to argue that they won the arguement

The next incident was HRC vs Bernie where they cried the election was rigged

That same year Trump won and they went into he didn't win the popular vote, russian collision, and other dumpster fire arguements and despite several investigation and a fail impeachment they persist on just not accepting his presidency.

Now we have Iowa and the same story of the election is rigged.

I swear they just have no understand of the rules and systems that are well establish to determine victor in all these case. Apparantly Popular Vote, EC, Courts, Representative vote, Primary, and Caucus are all illegitimate forms of election in their eyes and I really wish they will stop this childrish tamper tantrums behavior and just make a strong a factual arguement for people to actually want to support them.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #2
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10317
Rep
13,085
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Where is the Zwang or Kitesurfer-type nonsensical video to accompany your argument.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #3
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
1197
Rep
1,031
Posts

Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albuquerque NM

iTrader: (1)

The will of the electoral college. Recall that he lost the popular vote.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2862
Rep
4,284
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
The will of the electoral college. Recall that he lost the popular vote.
That how the election has been determine for almost 250 years. Don't bitch about the game after you lose.
Appreciate 5
MKSixer22707.50
vreihen162038.50
SakhirM410196.00
phoenx187.00

      02-06-2020, 01:55 PM   #5
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I don't know but I'm noticing a trend and it getting quite tiresome

First observation of this behavior was in 2000 with Bush vs Gore. Despite what the BOE in FL declared and the SCOTUS ruled for several months up to 911 the left came up with everyone excuse as to why Bush stole the election or he not legitimate

Next major observation of this was in 2016 with Brexit where then spent nearly 4 years undermining the election results and even till this day they try to argue that they won the arguement

The next incident was HRC vs Bernie where they cried the election was rigged

That same year Trump won and they went into he didn't win the popular vote, russian collision, and other dumpster fire arguements and despite several investigation and a fail impeachment they persist on just not accepting his presidency.

Now we have Iowa and the same story of the election is rigged.

I swear they just have no understand of the rules and systems that are well establish to determine victor in all these case. Apparantly Popular Vote, EC, Courts, Representative vote, Primary, and Caucus are all illegitimate forms of election in their eyes and I really wish they will stop this childrish tamper tantrums behavior and just make a strong a factual arguement for people to actually want to support them.
I don't think the extreme leftists believe that ordinary people, the general population, should get to express their will. The role of the common people is to do work and produce tax revenue. Hard core Progressives see themselves as the "Anointed Ones." They know what's best for everyone. They wish to be handed authority for everything. They have all the answers, so to them it makes sense that they run everything. They only care about power, and how they can get more of it.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22707.50
Salty Dog3524.50

      02-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #6
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2862
Rep
4,284
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I don't think the extreme leftists believe that ordinary people, the general population, should get to express their will. The role of the common people is to do work and produce tax revenue. Hard core Progressives see themselves as the "Anointed Ones." They know what's best for everyone. They wish to be handed authority for everything. They have all the answers, so to them it makes sense that they run everything. They only care about power, and how they can get more of it.

They don't want rational thinking individuals to decide election then much rather have the dependent or least rational (ie lowing the voter age) determine elections.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #7
bd307
Chef
bd307's Avatar
878
Rep
1,063
Posts

Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Simply put they are out of touch.

The left know they are so out of touch to a point where they cannot dig themselves out anymore.

This group is actually more dangerous than those who is not willing to accept or do not know they are out of touch from reality and keep grinding it the old way.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22707.50
Robin_NL5069.50

      02-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #8
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
They don't want rational thinking individuals to decide election then much rather have the dependent or least rational (ie lowing the voter age) determine elections.
Correct. And thanks to the Left having completely taken over the schools 30 years ago, you've now got at least 2 generations of dolts who think it's a new day every time they blink. They're really easy to fool.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22707.50
Salty Dog3524.50

      02-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9499
Rep
8,191
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

See: superdelegate
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22707.50

      02-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #10
bd307
Chef
bd307's Avatar
878
Rep
1,063
Posts

Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Also want to add. Once the dirty sides from the left are exposed, these left backers started saying how Trump is also doing the same, how both sides are ugly, this is how politics works, etc...Equalization huh

It is certainly been a trend around here and street convos.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22707.50

      02-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #11
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
wjjkoevoets's Avatar
Netherlands
519
Rep
639
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Breda, NL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
The will of the electoral college. Recall that he lost the popular vote.
I'm going to quote another member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Considering the population and presidential voting maps presented earlier in the thread,

A. The House of Representatives is majority democratic, reflecting popular vote for that body,

B. The Senate is majority republican, reflecting the statesí preference in the last presidential election. Since the Senate represents the states and not individuals, this makes sense to me

C. The Executive (President) represents the states via the EC, which is also by design, and

D. The Judicial Branch is supposed to be a-political and may actually be in spite of the biases that may be present when a justice is first seated. I havenít tried to count up all the federal judges and their supposed allegiances, but I do think they try to represent the constitution as they understand it and arbitrate between the other two branches.

So I donít think our federal government, taken as a whole, is held by ďthe smaller oneĒ.
__________________
BMW ///M235i (EBII) - BM3 (+TCU) - Wagner DP - ER CP - ER TIC CP - CSF FMIC - GFB DV+ - Pure Inlet - K&N Drop-in AF - MPE

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 02:15 PM   #12
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
1056
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: a light twin from Boeing.
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

The presidential election uses the Electoral College.

Whether or not you think it's "fair", those are the rules as specified in the Constitution.

Accordingly, winning the "popular vote" in the presidential election is worth exactly nothing-- it literally doesn't exist constitutionally.

In other words, don't sit at the poker table and bitch because they're not following the rules for blackjack.

Sheesh.

Last edited by flybigjet; 02-06-2020 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 13
MKSixer22707.50
Salty Dog3524.50
cmyx6go4251.50
SakhirM410196.00
bd307878.00
David0ff956.50
sirdaft11995.50

      02-06-2020, 02:23 PM   #13
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1136
Rep
1,592
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

You may want to be careful starting threads like this given Hillary won the popular vote.
__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #14
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22708
Rep
9,572
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
See: superdelegate
Codified cheating. It's ok because it's in the rulez.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #15
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5191
Rep
4,367
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I don't know but I'm noticing a trend and it getting quite tiresome

First observation of this behavior was in 2000 with Bush vs Gore. Despite what the BOE in FL declared and the SCOTUS ruled for several months up to 911 the left came up with everyone excuse as to why Bush stole the election or he not legitimate

Next major observation of this was in 2016 with Brexit where then spent nearly 4 years undermining the election results and even till this day they try to argue that they won the arguement

The next incident was HRC vs Bernie where they cried the election was rigged

That same year Trump won and they went into he didn't win the popular vote, russian collision, and other dumpster fire arguements and despite several investigation and a fail impeachment they persist on just not accepting his presidency.

Now we have Iowa and the same story of the election is rigged.

I swear they just have no understand of the rules and systems that are well establish to determine victor in all these case. Apparantly Popular Vote, EC, Courts, Representative vote, Primary, and Caucus are all illegitimate forms of election in their eyes and I really wish they will stop this childrish tamper tantrums behavior and just make a strong a factual arguement for people to actually want to support them.
Uh, on this forum it was conservatives claiming the caucus was rigged by a VAST margin compared to "the left".
Appreciate 2
      02-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #16
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2862
Rep
4,284
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Uh, on this forum it was conservatives claiming the caucus was rigged by a VAST margin compared to "the left".
I live in a big blue state in a city that hasn't voted republican since the 1800 and work in a college town. Trust me that the crap I'm hearing from democrats especially the bernie bro crowd.
Appreciate 2
      02-06-2020, 03:05 PM   #17
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5191
Rep
4,367
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I live in a big blue state in a city that hasn't voted republican since the 1800 and work in a college town. Trust me that the crap I'm hearing from democrats especially the bernie bro crowd.
Well, that doesn't surprise me.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 10:32 PM   #18
cooolone2
Second Lieutenant
cooolone2's Avatar
210
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NY, USA

iTrader: (0)

The United States is not a democracy, it's a Constitutional Republic! The Left has a very hard time accepting that. Funny thing is if you search history, almost every argument has had two faces, for both sides. Convenient memory when necessary! Politics are a mess for sure in the U.S. and the only fix that'll push things in the right direction will be term limits for all representatives. But who would vote themselves out of a job? Biden complains how messed up things are and he knows what's needed to fix things, so pick him!? Well, why didn't he fix them as a Senator? Or V.P. for that matter. Bottom line is both houses of Congress are full of lifetime politicians who're completely out of touch with their constituents. Maybe they'll figure out we don't need new world beaters every single election, it's tiresome. And through it all they ignore some of the real issues, stagnant wages, lack of opportunities for college grads, loss of Blue collar jobs, manufacturing, etc., etc., etc.

Trump won while everyone was still laughing at him, they didn't and still don't understand the political paradigm shift that he represents! He's not a life long politician with honed speeches telling everyone what they want to hear while offending the least amount of people while accomplishing nothing! He's not them and they detest him and what he represents, an outsider that exposed them all for what they are, EMPTY SUITS!

Regards
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 10:40 PM   #19
catskillclimber
Private
45
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: 328d
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: claryville, ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I don't think the extreme leftists believe that ordinary people, the general population, should get to express their will. The role of the common people is to do work and produce tax revenue. Hard core Progressives see themselves as the "Anointed Ones." They know what's best for everyone. They wish to be handed authority for everything. They have all the answers, so to them it makes sense that they run everything. They only care about power, and how they can get more of it.
I don't think the extreme right believe that ordinary people, the general population, should get to express their will. The role of the common people is to do work and produce tax revenue. Hard core Conservatives see themselves as the "Anointed Ones." They know what's best for everyone. They wish to be handed authority for everything. They have all the answers, so to them it makes sense that they run everything. They only care about power, and how they can get more of it.

Cuts both ways....
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 11:19 PM   #20
Nuckle
Lieutenant
857
Rep
414
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Birmingham, AL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskillclimber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I don't think the extreme leftists believe that ordinary people, the general population, should get to express their will. The role of the common people is to do work and produce tax revenue. Hard core Progressives see themselves as the "Anointed Ones." They know what's best for everyone. They wish to be handed authority for everything. They have all the answers, so to them it makes sense that they run everything. They only care about power, and how they can get more of it.
I don't think the extreme right[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR] believe that ordinary people, the general population, should get to express their will. The role of the common people is to do work and produce tax revenue. Hard core [COLOR="red"]Conservatives[/COLOR] see themselves as the "Anointed Ones." They know what's best for everyone. They wish to be handed authority for everything. They have all the answers, so to them it makes sense that they run everything. They only care about power, and how they can get more of it.

Cuts both ways....
I thought the top 3-4% of earners pay the majority of income tax. My federal tax liability is close to $100k per year. I lean right and I consider myself a conservative. I don't want more power. I want more of the money I earn so I can choose how best to use it. I donate 5 figures every year, sponsor 2 families randomly picked from DHR every Christmas and sponsor a child in Singapore monthly. I want the constitution upheld to the letter, I stand firm in my Christian faith and I am sick of being told and spoon fed acceptance of things I don't agree with.

I agree with giving people a helping hand when they are down but also feel like there are way too many people that could be working but are taking advantage of the system. Illegal immigrants a part of the list but no where near as draining as our US citizens.

I want border security stepped up but welcome with open arms anyone that chooses to move here through the proper channels. I believe bending the rules is dangerous and bad for our safety and economy.

I believe that if you want to be gay be gay, if you want to call your self a female when you are male then wear yourself out. I don't feel I should have to pander to that or walk on eggshells around your weird ass nor should I not have the right to say that under Gods word that your actions are sinful. I can still love you as a human, buy you a bottle of water or invite you to church. Just stop telling me that I have to agree with you.

Killing babies is repulsive to me and I will always vote against it. Do I think there are extreme cases where I would just simply try to dismiss my feelings sure. Do I think killing a baby should be used as a form of birth control because you are too stupid to use other measures to prevent pregnancy? Hell no.

I am tired of being labeled racist, xenophobic, homophobic or any other label that is meant to impose guilt because of how a feel when in reality it does not fall into any of those categories. In general stop trying to make be feel guilt and or shame for not thinking like you.

Donald Trump is President because of many of the reasons I listed here. Do I wish I would have had a better choice? Yes

I do love how he is doing an amazing job at fighting back against most of these things and those that are of completely opposite thinking as mine are losing their minds over it. Four more years of it would suite me fine.

This post was not directed at any single person and was just ramblings in my head that I wanted to put out there.

I hope everyone including RD/CB sleep well tonight.
Appreciate 8
Joekerr5789.50
cmyx6go4251.50
SakhirM410196.00
David0ff956.50
sirdaft11995.50

      02-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #21
adc100
Banned
1855
Rep
2,174
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Looks like Impeachment 2.0. It will end when the American People want it to. If not I will be happy.that Trump will be out of office. He is a Great American who did what he could.

He is the toughest SOB I have ever seen. Criticized by sad sacks on here who would fold in a nanosecond if they hd that stress. If they try to go after him when he is out of office, 10's of millions will have his back
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #22
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5790
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
I thought the top 3-4% of earners pay the majority of income tax. My federal tax liability is close to $100k per year. I lean right and I consider myself a conservative. I don't want more power. I want more of the money I earn so I can choose how best to use it. I donate 5 figures every year, sponsor 2 families randomly picked from DHR every Christmas and sponsor a child in Singapore monthly. I want the constitution upheld to the letter, I stand firm in my Christian faith and I am sick of being told and spoon fed acceptance of things I don't agree with.

I agree with giving people a helping hand when they are down but also feel like there are way too many people that could be working but are taking advantage of the system. Illegal immigrants a part of the list but no where near as draining as our US citizens.

I want border security stepped up but welcome with open arms anyone that chooses to move here through the proper channels. I believe bending the rules is dangerous and bad for our safety and economy.

I believe that if you want to be gay be gay, if you want to call your self a female when you are male then wear yourself out. I don't feel I should have to pander to that or walk on eggshells around your weird ass nor should I not have the right to say that under Gods word that your actions are sinful. I can still love you as a human, buy you a bottle of water or invite you to church. Just stop telling me that I have to agree with you.

Killing babies is repulsive to me and I will always vote against it. Do I think there are extreme cases where I would just simply try to dismiss my feelings sure. Do I think killing a baby should be used as a form of birth control because you are too stupid to use other measures to prevent pregnancy? Hell no.

I am tired of being labeled racist, xenophobic, homophobic or any other label that is meant to impose guilt because of how a feel when in reality it does not fall into any of those categories. In general stop trying to make be feel guilt and or shame for not thinking like you.

Donald Trump is President because of many of the reasons I listed here. Do I wish I would have had a better choice? Yes

I do love how he is doing an amazing job at fighting back against most of these things and those that are of completely opposite thinking as mine are losing their minds over it. Four more years of it would suite me fine.

This post was not directed at any single person and was just ramblings in my head that I wanted to put out there.

I hope everyone including RD/CB sleep well tonight.

Well said - I feel much the same way as a Christian!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST