BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #375
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

So what are they doing now when they reopened May 4th and Spartanburg has after a week no planning info?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #376
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

My personal guess is they are assembling cars that they know they can make (i.e. they have all parts to build them in stock) but are still replanning the mid to long term production schedule based on current supply chain variables.
Fingers crossed, let’s hope they have a hangar full of x45e battery packs in stock
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #377
mrracer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 s40i

I ordered my X5 on March 27th (day it turns out they shut factory down). When I received word on the scheduled production I was told complete date June 23rd, week 26 production. Called Genius line today and I was moved up to week 23, completion at the end of May, first week in June. In my conversation she also stated that my original production date was April 15th.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 09:01 PM   #378
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer View Post
I ordered my X5 on March 27th (day it turns out they shut factory down). When I received word on the scheduled production I was told complete date June 23rd, week 26 production. Called Genius line today and I was moved up to week 23, completion at the end of May, first week in June. In my conversation she also stated that my original production date was April 15th.
This Genius knew clearly more than the other Genius a few posts back and had access to updated planning info with new production weeks?

I was scheduled W14 (ordered a year ago) so why can't the geniuses in my country see that
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #379
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Glad to hear I'm in good company. I ordered my car Feb 10th! I was told it would take a little longer due to the Individual color and trim etc Im getting and they have certain times etc for Individual orders. I was told Monday May 4th my car would go into production the week of May 18th. They weren't sure what day, just the week of the May 18th. You would think with all the Money we are spending (90K for me we) could get more info. Specific info. However, the safety and well being of their people is paramount. But we are still paying customers too.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 01:50 AM   #380
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FINALLY! View Post
Glad to hear I'm in good company. I ordered my car Feb 10th! I was told it would take a little longer due to the Individual color and trim etc Im getting and they have certain times etc for Individual orders. I was told Monday May 4th my car would go into production the week of May 18th. They weren't sure what day, just the week of the May 18th. You would think with all the Money we are spending (90K for me we) could get more info. Specific info. However, the safety and well being of their people is paramount. But we are still paying customers too.
Safety is paramount but I think most people just want decent communication. Some people get a new production week, other people hear there is no updated planning, other people hear maybe mid May, ...
That's just unprofessional.
I ordered a 120K car almost a year ago, still not produced and nobody can give information about production. I just want to know is it for this week, in 3 weeks, in 3 months, ...
That's disturbing and this is busy from before the COVID pandemie.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 04:25 AM   #381
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

The dealer told me that production week W23 is specified by the system.
So W15 --> W23.

Ho is going to see if he can confirm that this info is definitive.
      05-08-2020, 04:41 AM   #382
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
The dealer told me that production week W23 is specified by the system.
So W15 --> W23.

Ho is going to see if he can confirm that this info is definitive.
Ok, I called my dealer. My current status is 112, scheduled for production. But they can't give me a production week.
I said that I knew someone with W15 and got now W23
They told me then that BMW HQ says that current production weeks are not correct. They didn't even give an incorrect production week
From half May there will be an updated production schedule.
In a week or 2 they hope to give more info.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 04:43 AM   #383
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Ok, I called my dealer. My current status is 112, scheduled for production. But they can't give me a production week.
I said that I knew someone with W15 and got now W23
They told me then that BMW HQ says that current production weeks are not correct. They didn't even give an incorrect production week
From half May there will be an updated production schedule.
In a week or 2 they hope to give more info.
Maybe they put everybody on W23 in the system because with the restricted production correct planning is difficult to calculate.
      05-08-2020, 05:06 AM   #384
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Maybe they put everybody on W23 in the system because with the restricted production correct planning is difficult to calculate.
Maybe, who will tell. It's frustrating that everyone is telling something else and who is right?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #385
JJC01
Rep
Drives: BMW X535d, X5M50i, Audi S5Cab

Updated Production Status

Thanks to so many member posts, I discovered the existence of the Genius Team as an option for getting a specific update, so I wrote them last night. Just received a reply, which informed me my vehicle's production is now projected to begin July 20, week 30, which is much more specific than what I had been provided IRT my inquiry by my dealer.

An August delivery is awfully close to the new model year, so I am going to have to weigh potential second year improvements/option changes, vs the proverbial bird in the hand...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #386
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Can you share how you reached the genius team for the information? trying to get my sales guy to respond to my email is like pulling teeth. I'm about to cancel my damn order just because i can.
      05-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #387
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Can you share how you reached the genius team for the information? trying to get my sales guy to respond to my email is like pulling teeth. I'm about to cancel my damn order just because i can.
Online tracking:
https://securelogin.bmwusa.com/login
Genius: 1-844-4GENIUS (443-6487) bmwgenius@bmwusa.com
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #388
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Thank you. I know about the online tracker which doesn't tell you much. I will shoot an email to them to see if they can tell me more. My production has been shifted from 4/16 to 6/23 last i checked and i have a feeling its been pushed back even further. We'll see.

Alan
      05-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #389
JJC01
Rep
Drives: BMW X535d, X5M50i, Audi S5Cab

BMW Genius Email Address

Quote:
Sure Alan! I wrote them at: bmwgenius@bmwusa.com

I hope this helps and that you get some accurate info...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #390
GaryK4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i Tanzanite

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
I have tried the phone number and email a number of times. This is what I got Wednesday.
"Your 2020 BMW X5 xDrive40i began production March 19, 2020 and was estimated to be produced April 1, 2020. Please note, all dates are estimates and subject to change. At this time, I do not have any new estimated production dates for your vehicle. I regret any disappointment this may cause.
BMW Manufacturing resumed production at its Spartanburg, SC, factory on Monday, May 4. BMW will carefully ramp up production as we continue to monitor the supply chain and customer demand around the world.
"
      05-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #391
GaryK4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i Tanzanite

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
I doubt that they are even building customer cars, maybe they are testing the current slimmed down working force by building lot cars.
Why would a lot car have priority over a sold customer car?
      05-08-2020, 03:13 PM   #392
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

this is what i got from bmw genius. Seems the date either moved up or something else is going on. My sales guy told me two weeks ago build is schedule for June 23rd but now it seems sooner.

Your 2020 BMW X5 M50i is estimated to begin production the week of June 1, 2020 (week 23). Please note, all dates are estimates and subject to change.
      05-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #393
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
this is what i got from bmw genius. Seems the date either moved up or something else is going on. My sales guy told me two weeks ago build is schedule for June 23rd but now it seems sooner.

Your 2020 BMW X5 M50i is estimated to begin production the week of June 1, 2020 (week 23). Please note, all dates are estimates and subject to change.
Alan - I’ve had a very similar experience. I heard last week from my dealer that my mid-May production date had been pushed to mid-June, but he told me today that it has been moved up two weeks to very late May. He’s also not sure if it will hold there. The take away seems that nobody should get too attached to whatever production date they are currently scheduled for. Hopefully the timelines will solidify over the next couple week so we get some clarity.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #394
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Someone shared this chart prepared by BMW Group employee Angela Riedmaier, entitled "Order Status Bar Germany", on a German forum. Found and translated with Google. The notes in brackets are an attempt to correspond to the MyBMW tracker and familiar BMW NA Dealer system codes.

Attachment 2257264

Right hand column heading - "Meaning (Detailed Description)".

000 Order is canceled [Order deleted by NA]
017 Order registered without quota - dummy model (master data not released); not confirmed and not scheduled [Order not specified]
027 Order registered without quota - outside the ordering time window; not confirmed and not scheduled
037 Order registered without quota - technical approval is missing; not confirmed and not scheduled [Order at BMW NA][Model or feature unavailable]
047 Order registered without quota - no quota in the entire planning period; not confirmed and not scheduled [Order bank request entered]
057 Order booked with quota - technical approval is missing; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Spec. not released - available quota]
087 Order booked with quota - sales release is missing (e.g. for large customers); not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Order not released for production]
097 Order booked with quota - transfer to the central system is not carried out online; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Transmission to AG - confirmation pending]
102 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; Special request not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Special request order received - AG]
105 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; not yet confirmed due to capacity limits and not scheduled [No production week available]
111 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; capacity checked production date is confirmed [Order Received]
112 Order for daily package planning (production) provided [Scheduled for Production]
150 Planning of bodyshell / display of chassis number and F2 date [Production begins/Production started] [Shell = "Body in White"]
151 Receipt of shell / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Exterior body assembly begins/Entry body shop-serial # assign]
152 Receipt of paint shop / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [In the paint booth/Entry paint shop]
153 Receipt of assembly / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [Entering Assembly Line/Entry assembly]
154 Final assembly / inspection and, if necessary, correction of the F2 date [Assembly in progress/Assembly]
155 End of assembly (F1) and final inspection / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Quality Check, Final Assembly/Assembly finish-quality check]
160 Vehicle handover from the factory to sales / determination of F2 date (actual) / initiation of invoice and registration document creation transit [Ready For Transport/Vehicle handover to sales]
165 Factory exit and transit (Spartanburg-Bremerhaven; Oxford-Zeebrugge; Graz-Garching; Scorce / Aprilia -Berlin)
168 BMW Group factory warehouse [Awaiting Carrier Assignment]
170 Vehicle intended for workshop cycle (BMW Welt car pick-up / retrofitting / direct sales + vehicle fleet)
172 Vehicle scheduled for workshop run
174 Vehicle is in the workshop run
176 Exit workshop - vehicle is ready
181 Handover to shipping (at foreign plant: port of destination) / vehicle is in the central brokerage warehouse [Dispatched from factory]
182 Handover to freight forwarder - vehicle is loaded
190 Vehicle has left the factory (at the foreign plant: transshipment warehouse) / exit from the central brokerage center [At the port]
191 Goods receipt BMW Group (retrieval of an already delivered vehicle with corresponding invoice credit)
193 Entrance to the forwarding warehouse (car)
195 Exit warehouse (car)
198 Entrance to the dealer warehouse
199 Delivery to BMW Welt for self-collectors / direct sales / fleet entrance
295 Approval of demonstration and fleet vehicles (note the bonus-relevant registration deadlines)
298 Registration or delivery notification by retailers to end customers (note the relevant registration deadlines)

A day/date is assigned when production begins (150). Earlier scheduling is by week.
Appreciate 1
JJC0114.00
      05-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #395
Heavyd
Major
Rep

I called my dealer in my country today and he said that current production weeks they see are not correct and that they had communication from BMW instructing them not to give those production weeks to customers. Around mid May they should receive an updated production planning.
And according to the dealer production would be first in first out, so maybe my July 2019 ordered car will go in production some day

My car would currently have status 112. But I don't know what this really means. Scheduled for production, but when, next week or in 3 months Is production about to happen or doesn't 112 mean much?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #396
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Alan - I’ve had a very similar experience. I heard last week from my dealer that my mid-May production date had been pushed to mid-June, but he told me today that it has been moved up two weeks to very late May. He’s also not sure if it will hold there. The take away seems that nobody should get too attached to whatever production date they are currently scheduled for. Hopefully the timelines will solidify over the next couple week so we get some clarity.
Some days I just feel like picking up the X5M that the dealers around me have in stock but then my wife would probably divorce me with the kids so....