BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-08-2022, 07:52 PM   #45
NYCX5M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i executive/DHP

im almost convinced. haha. Putting the car away for winter and will do while its away. When you ordered Mil kit from them did you have to call or email them? Reason I ask is due to the fact that they aren't in US and currency isn't USD.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 07:56 PM   #46
postbox1918
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCX5M50i View Post
im almost convinced. haha. Putting the car away for winter and will do while its away. When you ordered Mil kit from them did you have to call or email them? Reason I ask is due to the fact that they aren't in US and currency isn't USD.
No I just emailed them just to make sure that it works on US spec models or not and I had few questions about O2 spacers and stuff like that coz I cudnt find any reviews or any Info about that module, I asked multiple turner shops in EU and finally I ordered it straight from leib engineering website but now I know for sure it works and there's no need to install any O2 spacers
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2022, 10:56 AM   #47
nog0odd3ed@gmail.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 40i Msport

I have the MIL Delete but can't find a tech who will install here in Austin

I'm getting the CEL light on my 2023 X5 with the Evolution Raceworks Catted DP. I installed an O2 spacer and got the 12B70 error
Heating lambda probe2 bank1 function: internal resistance too high.

I want to install the MIL delete kit from LEIB that I purchased (and took a hell of long time to arrive) but can't find anyone to install here in Austin, TX. If anyone here knows of (other than SoulSpeed who has been great, or Hill Performance Bimmer) please let me know!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 12:33 PM   #48
postbox1918
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nog0odd3ed@gmail.com View Post
I'm getting the CEL light on my 2023 X5 with the Evolution Raceworks Catted DP. I installed an O2 spacer and got the 12B70 error
Heating lambda probe2 bank1 function: internal resistance too high.

I want to install the MIL delete kit from LEIB that I purchased (and took a hell of long time to arrive) but can't find anyone to install here in Austin, TX. If anyone here knows of (other than SoulSpeed who has been great, or Hill Performance Bimmer) please let me know!

Why no one is helping you in installation there in TX is it because of local emission laws or they don't know how to do it?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 12:50 PM   #49
nog0odd3ed@gmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by postbox1918 View Post
Why no one is helping you in installation there in TX is it because of local emission laws or they don't know how to do it?
SoulSpeed does not have the pin-out tool needed to install, HillPerformance is apparently not taking any new customers on. I also don't know who else is a 'trusted or recommended' shop in Austin.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 12:08 PM   #50
nog0odd3ed@gmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

So wanted to give a quick update on my adventures trying to do the LEIB MIL Delete adapter…
  1. Make sure you disconnect the negative battery terminal once the car is completely asleep (wait about 15 minutes after doors are left open and car is shut off)
  2. Good luck pulling the panels off to get to the CAN BUS or Body Domain Controller - very little info/instructions on how to get to it, what it requires etc…
  3. Be careful pulling out plastic parts there’s ALWAYS something that gets broken.
  4. Once you can see the Body Domain Controller, take a deep breath.
  5. Upon looking at the BDC, Good luck figuring out how you are going to unpin any of the little wires to pin them into the LEIB module. There is very little footage out there and much less information on which tools you would need to do this.
  6. Sigh very loudly, put everything back together and try to find a shop who can do this for you. In my experience here in Austin TX, I have found no one who knows what this LEIB module is, what it takes to do, and much less want to much around with the electrical connectors/tools needed to do the job.
  7. If you know of anyone in Austin who can do this job, please please hit me up.

Bottom line is that this job is definitely not for the faint of heart and unless you have experience ‘un-pinning’ electrical wires from the connectors for the BDC, leave it to an expert.

Frustrated in Austin…
Luis
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 11:13 AM   #51
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
So wanted to give a quick update on my adventures trying to do the LEIB MIL Delete adapter…
  1. Make sure you disconnect the negative battery terminal once the car is completely asleep (wait about 15 minutes after doors are left open and car is shut off)
  2. Good luck pulling the panels off to get to the CAN BUS or Body Domain Controller - very little info/instructions on how to get to it, what it requires etc…
  3. Be careful pulling out plastic parts there’s ALWAYS something that gets broken.
  4. Once you can see the Body Domain Controller, take a deep breath.
  5. Upon looking at the BDC, Good luck figuring out how you are going to unpin any of the little wires to pin them into the LEIB module. There is very little footage out there and much less information on which tools you would need to do this.
  6. Sigh very loudly, put everything back together and try to find a shop who can do this for you. In my experience here in Austin TX, I have found no one who knows what this LEIB module is, what it takes to do, and much less want to much around with the electrical connectors/tools needed to do the job.
  7. If you know of anyone in Austin who can do this job, please please hit me up.

Bottom line is that this job is definitely not for the faint of heart and unless you have experience ‘un-pinning’ electrical wires from the connectors for the BDC, leave it to an expert.

Frustrated in Austin…
Luis
Any pictures of the Body Domain Controller?
Where is it even located? lol

Asking for a friend haha at least until I get a DP installed finally :-P
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 12:57 PM   #52
nog0odd3ed@gmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

The Body Domain controller is located in the front passenger side footwell. You have to remove a panel from the underside of the glove box, then the right side footwell panel. To remove the footwell panel you will need to first remove the (M branded or BMW logo) foot door panel. You’ll see what I mean when you take a look.

The BDC is a pain to get to yes, but the connectors to the BDC are a pain and you need to have the right ‘pin out’ tools which I’m not even sure I do have. I bought a set of electrical Schwaben tools from Turner Motorsports but i don’t think they’re the right ones.

So, in a nutshell hopefully you have someone who has extensive BMW electrical connector repair experience to make this easy on yourself.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 02:56 PM   #53
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
The Body Domain controller is located in the front passenger side footwell. You have to remove a panel from the underside of the glove box, then the right side footwell panel. To remove the footwell panel you will need to first remove the (M branded or BMW logo) foot door panel. You’ll see what I mean when you take a look.

The BDC is a pain to get to yes, but the connectors to the BDC are a pain and you need to have the right ‘pin out’ tools which I’m not even sure I do have. I bought a set of electrical Schwaben tools from Turner Motorsports but i don’t think they’re the right ones.

So, in a nutshell hopefully you have someone who has extensive BMW electrical connector repair experience to make this easy on yourself.
Would these tools work maybe?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08295ZWL2

Here's a video of something too...

Also, wouldnt you just be able to t-tap it to avoid de-pinning anything? Or do you actually need to swap out a wire that comes out of the OEM harness loop and put another wire in there that goes to something else?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077YB123S/
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2023, 08:26 PM   #54
hufington
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 m50i

Garage List
Quote:
Sounds nice.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2023, 04:30 AM   #55
Ruinedx5m
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M Comp.

Quote:
I took it to a shop for installation coz I don't wanna mess up BCM wiring by myself lol but if you are comfortable with doing wiring then you can download the installation PDF from there website , as per there website it doesn't required a professional technician to install that kit.
Hey sorry for the late post, but where did you install the MIL DELETE kit im in NYC too.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 01:07 PM   #56
postbox1918
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinedx5m View Post
Hey sorry for the late post, but where did you install the MIL DELETE kit im in NYC too.
Sorry about the confusion but I didn't do it in NYC I live in bay area California and i found a shop locally .
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 06:45 PM   #57
g05pr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Finally installed the dp yesterday
https://www.armmotorsports.com/colle...less-downpipes

Hello there! Are this the one you installed? @postbox1918

Last edited by g05pr; 06-11-2023 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 08:46 PM   #58
postbox1918
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by g05pr View Post
https://www.armmotorsports.com/colle...less-downpipes

Hello there! Are this the one you installed? @postbox1918
Yes thats the one
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 05:15 PM   #59
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

Quote:
Yes thats the one
hey im thinking about purchasing one, but does it only get rid of the light or are you able to pass inspection with no codes related to missing cats?
      12-03-2023, 05:58 PM   #60
postbox1918
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlthnmrdrd View Post
hey im thinking about purchasing one, but does it only get rid of the light or are you able to pass inspection with no codes related to missing cats?
You can't pass smog test with that module . It only get rid of error code for cats so there's no check engine light
Appreciate 1